Website list for Bad Providers?

is there a website somewhere other than browsing a forum and NOT just limited to Un-limband hosts that has a good list/rating of good & bad providers and reviews?
    If not someone needs to make one!

i recently visited a good example of what i am talking about but relative to tires

check it out: http://www.tirerack.com

then someone make one relative to dedicated webhosts!!

Normally if you do a search here or on google even, your bound to come up with some results.. You might not find anything good, but if you don't find anything bad, its generally a good sign.

i know but i'm saying someone should make a sight that lists providers then experiences/reviews under each one and gives each a rating

A lot of hosting directories do this. i.e. hostsearch.com & findsp.com

Hostsearch.com and alike things are fake though. I signed a host once cuz they were rated very good on there and it turned out the place suxed.

And the people rating them were fake made up people by the hosts to get good records.

Originally posted by dbzgod
    Hostsearch.com and alike things are fake though. I signed a host once cuz they were rated very good on there and it turned out the place suxed.

And the people rating them were fake made up people by the hosts to get good records.
    That's just something you're going to have to live with, when looking at these types of things...

If I sign up with a host, they work good for me, with no problems or quick responses, yeah I'll think they're great. But do I actively go out and look for places to tell the world my host rockz? Unless I'm really bored, probably not.
    I am now Tobarja.

Never trust a "review site" -- Chances are:

1. A hosting company runs it themselves and only uses it to promote it's own company.

-or-

2. Hosting companies PAY that website to make their listing better. This is common.

WebHostingTalk.com is the only place I look for reviews.

For the most part, I've found the customer review system of http://www.findmyhosting.com to be quite impartial and fair. It also seems to have pretty good safeguards against hosts trumping up lots of good reviews for themselves.

Not all hosting directories are owned by a hosting company, though findmyhosting.com is the only one I've seen that isn't.

You're not going to find all companies there though.
    Sincerely,
    Andrew Kinney
    CTO, Advantagecom Networks
    http://www.SimplyWebHosting.com

* Face it, some do..

Devon Dunham (Owner, Sharpnet/DDoS Host)
    Advanced DDoS Mitigation and Server Management Solutions

Protecting your online infrastructure.

Est. 1998.