1. * Specific Dedicated Server Needed

I own a Limited company in the UK and we are looking for a Dedicated server to put our shoutcast services on.

So far I have the following deal:

Quad Core Q6600 (4x 2.4Ghz)
    2GB RAM
    2x 250GB SATAII HDDs in RAID
    Full Root Access
    5TB Bandwidth per month
    100Mbit network port (fully burstable)
    £99.99 + VAT
    Free setup
    1 Month contract (30 Days Notice for Cancelation)

I am looking for a better deal than this with a reliable and well known supplier. We are a expanding company offering not only shoutcast but web hosting, web design and broadband.

The canditate host needs to be reliable and well known who can support us with no/little fees if we go over our alocated ammount.

If the host lives up to expectations there are future company prospects and business. We are looking for a 1 month contract as we have with long term intentions in mind should all be well with the host.

If anyone could refer a good host for this type then please do so below or email andrewmaric @ gmail . com with a quotation.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

Are you still looking for a server in the UK or can it be in the US?

5TB is quite a lot of bandwidth for a shoutcast server which means you are pushing this audio stream at fairly high bit rate.

Do you have a preference where your server is hosted UK or US or other? Since there are listeners around the world for music, it may not matter to you where the host is based. I'm thinking the US dollar would make hosting here more attractive though.

Give a couple more details of your needs and compare those to what is available on the Offers section or I believe there is a niche section with lots of Shoutcast servers here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?
    Automated scripts, patching, and remote access too? Ask me how!

4. It really does depend. Prefer it to be in the UK as we can persue the company better.

I have had bad experiences in the US with companies deletings and formating the nodes, then reselling the server, that was when Bion Hosting went bust. We lost alot of customers and money and was unable to retrieve anything.

If however a US host can maintain itself and has relevant legal paperwork and it is all confirmed as registered then I have no issues etc. Did that answer your question?

5. dspkable

The reason I am asking rather than looking is because I want a legal and registered company with paperwork, not some 13 year old reselling servers lol! =)

Does it have to be dedicated or can a high end VPS do the Job?
    I Host at Linode for my VPS (VDS) needs.
    Check out my Linode FAQ for why I do.

Understood Andrew.

I am not permitted to recommend whom I think would be most appropriate, and it will take some research to find a 5TB month (or unmetered provider) but I do know of several Shoutcast specialized hosts (I only host a personal shoutcast server myself, so I'm not your guy). OrbitalGrooves.com is run by a freind of mine that has run a successful shoutcast server for a while now, I bet you could contact him for a good reference.

I can understand how even one reformatting can ruin your impression of a Us host, but I assure you that is not MOST hosts in the US.

That price may be a very good deal that you have now though, although I am sure their is more out there.
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?
    Automated scripts, patching, and remote access too? Ask me how!

8. Hello,

I was unable to contact your friend at OGR, could not find the appropriate email.

Anyhow does anyone else have suggestions on a host? It is quite shocking that no one knows of a ShoutCast Server provider for Hosts.

A suppose a top end VPS could do the job but am unsure, would have to consult the host on it as 1 client could have 100 listeners for example. Also when you get a Top end VPS it is not all that far from the prices of a Dedicated Server really. Why MJWest10, do you know a provider?

Anyone else have a direct host I can look at that will beat my quote?

Thank you, I look forward to someones reply =)

Kind Regards,

Andrew.

I wouldnt go with a 30 day cancellation notice. Try A2B2 or Rapidswitch or another UK provider.

10. Ok thanks. I am getting a few competative quotes now.

Anyone else like to have input/advice on this?

Regards,

Andrew.