Thread: Fdc..

Lightbulb Fdc..

Do you think there stable enough to host sites now?

Thanks

No one? must be bad

They aren't bad at trying to make the customer happy, i'll give them that. They are stable enough if you know what you are doing. Don't expect them to help you with anything more than installing an OS on your server.

The only thing i think they need to get going in a clearer direction is a 1-800 number and a full support/help-desk staff

i'm sure thats coming in the near future

I personally wouldn't host a site on any single homed connection, be it Cogent or anyone else.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

If you would have asked 2 weeks ago I would have said yes. Though their network seems rather stable at the moment, my server has somehow decided its fun to just stop working every 2 or 3 days and today it took them 7 hours to get it back online, without even telling me what was wrong.

Last week the main harddrive failed and it took them 3 (THREE !!!) days to replace it. How's that for a 99.5% uptime guarentee.

Also this is the second time they installed CPanel on my server and it's the second time they've managed to botch up the nameservers during the installation process.

They might tell me the server crashing is because of something I have installed. Only problem is I haven't installed anything since they put the new harddrive in, so that excuse isn't going to work. It's also nothing my users are running as I closely monitor server load, which has yet to pass the 10% mark. I've also been through every cgi-bin with a fine toothpick. 95% of them are empty, and the ones that are running CGI scripts are running well known cgi-based message boards and nothing else.

Also read there have been many other FDC customers with the same problems.

I've now officially given up on them. I'll be moving out at my earliest convenience to a better quality company that uses good hardware and have tech support that actually can be of help.

Sorry Petr, I used to believe in you, but I've rolled all the way to the bottom of the hill and it's way to steep to climb back up.
    Proud member of the RIAA closed quaters combat cell !!!
    You'd better drop that CD-R before I shoot you !!!

Hmm i know i should start a new topic but i wont.. what about eservers? any idea when there going to resume sales?

Thanks