* Hostmania/eservers.biz - anyone?

I would like to know if any of you are currently in the same situation, as stated below;

I rang my CC bank. They told me they would not issue a chargeback and that the person I paid the monies to, would have to issue a credit on my account.

This means I am $600 AUD or so outa pocket. If eservers.biz mean what they say, then why wouldn't hostmania have refunded all payments if they truly thought it was fraud?

I think hostmania is trying to pull some funny business here and I want my ammount refunded right away.

I would like to know if any of you have a similair or same problem.. if there is enough we could start a claim/law suit against hostmania.

Thanks

Just wondering, would you care to elaborate on exactly what you are referring to?

I'm just a bit confused

- Omar

http://www.nirmani.net
    [Managed Linux servers, reseller plans & shared web hosting]

Call back and ask to speak with the supervisor of the person who told you that. Keep going up the ladder until you get to someone who solves your problem. Be sure you explain the situation clearly.

Then when they do charge it back, start looking for a competent bank.

faculty, I'm surprised by the response from your CC company. I'd try again and ask for a supervisor. Not sure if CC protection is different in Oz, but here it's pretty easy (too easy sometimes) to get a chargeback.

Do they understand that you have not received the product you paid for (as opposed to simply being unhappy with it)? I wouldn't simply take "no" for an answer.

At the same time, I would keep pestering eservers/hostmania. You might get somewhere on that end, too.

Alright - I have contacted eservers.biz and they told me the following;

Tell your bank over 200 customers were infected by this and almost 80%
    of them have already got there charge-backs, and for them to not do the
    charge-back is utter ridiculous. Tell them that the merchants provider
    did not make payment to the merchant and therefore they could not
    deliver the goods.

Spose I will try again

Infected? Sheesh when did you catch it

On a serious note Australian banks are very slow/careful about chargebacks.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Wow, that is a rather bad situation to be in. I would think that your credit card company would be more understanding and easily chargeback the funds. I hope you get this worked out.

-Robert
    Hosting, VDS, and Colocation Solutions
    by Digital Isles, Inc.
    http://www.digitalisles.com

What OZ bank you with?

And better yet for CC are you using.

I found that AMEX charges back easier than the rest of the crowd. But it also has alot to do with the bank you are at for the other CC's.

It took me around 3 months to charge back another provider they just didnt understand what a dedicated server is. And why i paid so much money for one.

Anyway good luck and make sure you mention to the bank that you will be leaving if something is not done about your current situation and that you are taking all your family and friends with you to another bank. etc.

Good luck,
    Regards
    Phillip
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

Originally posted by Choppy
    What OZ bank you with?

And better yet for CC are you using.

I found that AMEX charges back easier than the rest of the crowd. But it also has alot to do with the bank you are at for the other CC's.

It took me around 3 months to charge back another provider they just didnt understand what a dedicated server is. And why i paid so much money for one.

Anyway good luck and make sure you mention to the bank that you will be leaving if something is not done about your current situation and that you are taking all your family and friends with you to another bank. etc.

Good luck,
    Regards
    Phillip
    VISA card through National.

Haha.. yes, I will be telling them the "i'm going" story, don't you worry

Faculty,

I can possibly help you by speaking with your bank. ipyament hasn't returned a phone call in over a month.

Regards,

Chavvon Smith
    CEO
    TransOptics, Inc
    hostmania.net

You definitely need a better bank
    Have you Floble'd today?

It is stupid really.. National is supposed to be the best bank to use when you want to do business banking..

I think Australia's version of "Best" when it comes to banking is pretty crap

Perhaps ANZ could do a better job?