Question Getting GD library

I'm running Apache 1.3.26, php 4.1.1 on Win2k (local testing and development) and I'm wanting to know where I can get a Windows binary of GD. I have downloaded the source, but I don't have or know how to use a compiler.

Thanks in advance
    Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Brain Cancer Awareness. May is Brain Cancer awareness month. Gray Matters!
    Incurable, 6-18 months prognosis, survivors longer than 3 years less than 1% chance.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

Isn't it in extensions folder by default on windows? So just edit php.ini and uncomment that line with gd
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

I know this doesn't have much to do with your question but I think any GD lib beyond v1.62 doesn't support the 'gif' extension.

WYSIWYG

That is true. I believe it's because you have to pay a license if your software creates gif files.

when is EVerybody gonna realize that open source rules?
    WYSIWYG

So just edit php.ini and uncomment that line with gd
    Thanks, AlCapone_yg, I didn't think of looking there...

I uncommented the line, but got an error that the module php_gd.dll couldnt be found, and after messing around in the php.ini file, I found the line that tells it where the extensions directory was. It was originally ./ and I had to replace it with extensions/ and it works fine now.
    Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Brain Cancer Awareness. May is Brain Cancer awareness month. Gray Matters!
    Incurable, 6-18 months prognosis, survivors longer than 3 years less than 1% chance.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

7. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com