Critique our site from a marketing standpoint.

Ok, we have had our design for a few months now and I am very happy with it. But, I would like some suggestions on a few things. We are receiving a lot of people visiting the site but they do not hang around very long. We believe it is due to the fact that we do not get the vital info they want to see to them in a timely manner. So I would like you guys to review the site and give me some input on what you would suggest some changes be. I know this asking the competition for help, but, comradery (sp) is strong in the hosting industry

http://www.valuablehost.com

Please check the link. It did not open.

Aah. May be problem at my end. It opened just now.
    Your site looks very nice and your plans too. The top navigation looks bad. They should aligned in a line.
    Wait for your turn to get clients, you will get them. Good luck.

Originally posted by floppy
    Please check the link. It did not open.
    Hrm, try again, the link is fine

Hi,

These are my 1st impressions :

- header & logo looks nice & clean

- There is way too much text prominent on the page - people won't read through all that text - break it out into the important bullet points

- "ValuableHost's goal is to provide high quality shared hosting service at a price that will make having your own domain name simple and economical." - why talk about what you want to achieve - talk as if you have already achieved it "ValuableHost provides high quality shared hosting at an economical price..."

- "Latest Valuable news" is not valuable at all for prospective new customers - put this info elsewhere off the home page. If you had 1 minute to sell your product face to face would you tell them that Krissy, JP and Rob have joined the staff?

- move the plan info upto the top

I think you are almost there - the design is clean & looks professional but the content says don't host your site here
    Andrew McMaster
    http://www.FindMyHosting.com
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

I think you are almost there - the design is clean & looks professional but the content says don't host your site here
    I appreciate your words and review, but it is not at all that bad. Needs some improvement though.

I think the changes you have made are a great improvement in the layout.

I like your site - it has a nice clean look & feel
    Andrew McMaster
    http://www.FindMyHosting.com
    Compare Prices, Consumer Reviews, Help, Guides and More.

When viewing your main page, I felt a bit overwhelmed. I really think it is too cluttered.

* == hmmmmm

Looks fine to me.

There have been numerous changes over time and all aok as to my thoughts.

You have a funny situation with these type things.One can spend years looking at a page and debating on improvements.Unless something is obviously wrong maybe nothing is wrong.

>> I'm making allot of sense..right? >>