Thread: Matrix Reseller

Matrix Reseller

I am seriously considering this host. I have read a lot of good things about them on this forum and was just wondering what the current consensus is. Any reasons why I should avoid them?

We have been with them for a couple of months and they have been ok. They, vortechosting are totally in the background- you will be able to do most anything with h-sphere.

Good luck setting it up the first time, what a b*tch. Only thing that sucks is that they don't support audio or video streaming, couple of our clients want real media banners. So I am going to have to go shopping for a real media host for that stuff.

How long did it take you to set it up in the begining? Have you used their chat script with any luck? Streaming video/audio is not a concern for any of my clients at this point. I can always search for someone else later, as you are doing, to handle those accounts when necessary. I will be leaving some of my current clients with my current host as well. So far their pre-sales support has been great.

:)

genevaroth not sure if we had this when you signed up. But this seems to help everone get going..

http://matrixreseller.com/Step-By-Step.htm

If you have done other reseller accounts or been in the hosting biz for a bit should not take more then an hour to full set up.

The hard part with h-sphere is learning where every thing is. It just a big control panel..

Ya, I was used to cpanel and WHM before.

I had my programmer set up the account and had only been used to dedicated inhouse servers. and had not seen a control panel like h-sphere before. I agree, finding everything in the menus and options is the hard part.

Matrixreseller HIGHLY recommended

Been with them now for over 9 months (or close to it) and SUPPORT has been great. Uptime has been near perfect.

They will always listen to your request and will do their best to add features that you may need, providing they will not cause any harm to a server.

They have pretty good online documentation as far as getting everything started and running. A lot of people say Hpshere is hard to use, that really is not true, it just has a LOT of features.

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

have you had any problem with their billing? My current windows reseller host uses H-Sphere and has billed me for about $450 for a $35 account because H-Sphere has not received the answer after for its credit card charge calls and has repeated charges on my card.

This is the only thing which has stopped me from signing up.

We have our linux servers but I need matrixreseller for my rare windows customers.

Mac

Originally posted by wmac
    have you had any problem with their billing? My current windows reseller host uses H-Sphere and has billed me for about $450 for a $35 account because H-Sphere has not received the answer after for its credit card charge calls and has repeated charges on my card.

This is the only thing which has stopped me from signing up.

We have our linux servers but I need matrixreseller for my rare windows customers.

Mac
    Mac,

If you are referring to current problems with MatrixReseller.com, please put in a support ticket [email protected]. I was just a little confused about your post, wasn't sure if you are already a customer of ours and are experiencing problems, or if you were just referring to H-Sphere in general. I'd like to see if I can help you with this if it involves matrixreseller. Thank You.
    Vortech, Inc.
    http://www.matrixreseller.com
    [email protected]

No, I am not a customer of Matrix I have this problem with another provider and I wanted to know if you have the same problems with H-Sphere.

But it seems you confirm that such a problems are possible with H-Sphere in general

I have sent a sales email to you 6 hours ago and you replied me that you use your own merchant account. Hounestly this was why I stopped and did not sign up.

I want to see nothing more than fixed charges on my card not whatever H-Sphere judges. And in my experience this is only possible with those hosts which use services such as Revecom and 2Checkout etc.

I have decided to stop using those hosts which have their own merchant account as I have always had problems with them charging my card whatever they want.

Mac

I have heard that H-Sphere is just a nightmare and that you need a cluster of servers just to offer a shared hosting account. I think merchant accounts are a good for the host and a bad thing for the client.

We use Revecom which is good as all transactions are carried out on their servers and that's one less thing to worry about but they are wimps when it comes to chargebacks. They do as the credit card companies and banks tell them.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Originally posted by NexDog
    I have heard that H-Sphere is just a nightmare and that you need a cluster of servers just to offer a shared hosting account. I think merchant accounts are a good for the host and a bad thing for the client.

We use Revecom which is good as all transactions are carried out on their servers and that's one less thing to worry about but they are wimps when it comes to chargebacks. They do as the credit card companies and banks tell them.
    You are right you do need a cluster.. But this is not a bad thing.. This way you don't have have mail,cp,mysql,pgsql,sites, and ever thing else running on the same server..

As for merchant accounts we have our own we do all our credit cards with, but the reseller gets the same setup we do. They don't have to use a merchant account if they don't want to thats really up to them. The system should support paypal as well very soon.