Which is the best FREE control panel?

Which is the best FREE control panel? come on lets share experiece..

Webmin is the only one I like. I know there are a few others that I can't remember right now but from past experiences I found them to be very unstable.
    Regards,
    Ronan
    Pairone Networks Ltd
    Cloud Hosting @www.pair1.ie

AC Host Canada Affordable Canadian Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared Hosting | Email Hosting | DNS Hosting | Custom Plans Available

webcp at webcp.can-host.com is by far the best free one and even rivals some paid ones.

Automatic DNS management, email/ftp/subdomains, domain pointers, vpopmail integration, MySQL db handling, multiple different panels (user, domain, reseller, server admin). All features you need are included, really.

I'd not use it in a commercial enviroment just yet though. Occasional bugs are still popping up. I'd wait for the 1.0 release.
    0.5 is pretty stable though.. I've had it for weeks on a testbox without a single hiccup.

-F

i have used webmin for years now the end user cp usermin to go along with it, works well with me. I have considered using webcp but doubt if it would work well in live env.

Acctmgr (account manager) which is free, search on google.com. Been using them for 6 months until I moved to another dedicated provider offering plesk unlimited.

I think that finding the best Free CP doesn't exist yet. There are a few such as WebCP and SimpleCP that you might want to watch out, but many aren't as robust as the commercial ones.

It probably suites the needs if you have a dedicated machine just for yourself and your friends, but to roll out in to your clients, probably not such a good idea until it's more stable.

I'm starting on CP myself, still waiting on Sourceforge to approve the project. A couple of screen shots:

http://www.blazeboard.com/cpmax_ss/ss1.png
    http://www.blazeboard.com/cpmax_ss/ss2.png
    http://www.blazeboard.com/cpmax_ss/ss3.png
    http://www.blazeboard.com/cpmax_ss/ss4.png

Still got some ways to go to get it to what WebCP and SimpleCP are capable of doing, but the authentication pieces are done, skinning, 75% of the trouble ticket area, and a few other pieces are done.

Trying to find some help and collecting documents on the services I'd like to support as I'm not sure yet of how far I want to scale it to. . .

are all these free control panels for Linux? Do they have a free control panel for Windows?

All the ones above are free for linux. most of the time when you dont specify windows, people assume you are talking about linux
    Avi Brender
    Reliable Web Hosting by Elite Hosts, Inc
    CPANEL Reseller Hosting - Fantastico - Rvskins - ClientExec

There is a free control panel for Windows called adsi4nt (something like that).

You should search the forum archive for more information.

Peter

Xanthis you plan on letting that panel be free or commercial??
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

of course it'll be free, because he wants to host it on sourceforge, which is a host for open source projects.