Thread: install prob

install prob

I am running XP using Apache web server (just for designing purposes). Apache is working, and other than this one error message, PHP works fine too. It says it cant load the php_gd.dll. The book Im using told me to remove the ; from the ;extension=php_gd.dll in the php.ini file. All I need to know is how to fix it or should I just put the ; back? I dont know what php_gd.dll does =0. THANKS
    "The impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wonderous universe with our conscious selves arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for existence of God; but whether this argument is of real value I have never been able to decide... The safest conclusion seems to be that the whole subject is beyond the scope of man's intellect." - Charles Darwin

Do you have the GD library installed on your system?

I really dont know but when I replaced the ; it worked just fine no errors. Just want to make sure im not missing out on anything.
    "The impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wonderous universe with our conscious selves arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for existence of God; but whether this argument is of real value I have never been able to decide... The safest conclusion seems to be that the whole subject is beyond the scope of man's intellect." - Charles Darwin

I haven't checked the PHP windows binaries lately. You might also need to copy a dll file (or files) from the "dlls" directory to your system directory.

edit:

GD provides image manipulation functions. They are usually used to create things like graphical counters on-the-fly.
    Ahmad Alhashemi
    PHP, Apache, C, Python, Perl, SQL
    18 related BrainBench certificates

I noticed without the ; the images on the php test page wouldn't load so that makes sense. Thanks