weird CPanel MX record change problem

I have a rather puzzling problem. One of the hosting accounts on one of my servers can no longer edit the MX records via CPanel. It seems to only be this one account having this problem. It seems to have started after I installed the new buildapache.sea. I hope somebody has an idea how to fix this. I did try transferring the account to another server, deleting it on the original server and then transferring it back, but the problem remains.

P.S. Posted this on CPanel support about a week ago and still haven't gotten a response there.

Thanks for your help.
    Proud member of the RIAA closed quaters combat cell !!!
    You'd better drop that CD-R before I shoot you !!!

If you're shell savvy at all there's a few things you can check. Make sure the zone file in question owned correctly and is editable:

chown named. /var/named/
    chmod 644 /var/named/
    Once that is done, make sure it's not immutable:
    chattr -i /var/named/

To check to see if the file is writable or not at this point:
    vi /var/named/
    If you see [readonly] at the bottom of the screen when vi first opens up the file, the file's still readonly for some reason. And at that point I'd need to look deeper.
    Fire extinguisher extraordinare
    FastServers.Net NOC Admin

Thanks, I'd try this out straight away, only my server at FDC is down (again ).

In the last 2 weeks I've been down on a very regular basis and I'm thinking of ditching the server (which would be a shame, as I invested about $200 in various hardware upgrades over the last 8 months). I mean, it took then 3 (!!!) days to replace a faulty harddrive and now, not even a week later my server is down again and all I get is this:

rebooting your server. We havne`t touched o\ak velhe DSC

Could somebody tell me what language that last sentence is??? I only asked them to reboot the server.
    Proud member of the RIAA closed quaters combat cell !!!
    You'd better drop that CD-R before I shoot you !!!