Thread: Hostpacket

Hostpacket

Hey,

Hostpacket is starting to rip me off, so I dont know what to do, I sent them a email today 04/09/02 about cancelling my account, what shall I do if Kevin dosn't respond? after all he ripped off a 14 year old, and I would like to ask if anyone has their policy saved, so all the ones who have suffered from this can sue Kevin. MY site is running and all but, still, I want my money back.

btw, anyone know a cheap host like hostpacket similar plans?

Does anyone have their number, Im gonna call them up?

I dont have the number.
    Im from Portugal... and the call is a little expensive.
    But i dont know if you can reach them... :/

Opening sentence on Hostpacket.net webpage.
    Blaze into the future with our revolutionary web-hosting packages ! By incorporating a multitude of value-added services in our competitively priced plans, we bring to you an unprecedented web-hosting experience.
    • Blaze : Yeah blaze, maybe as many as 50% of Hostpacket.net’s clients “blazed” to a new hosting service
      after over 100 hours of straight down time.
    • revolutionary web-hosting packages: Revolutionary because these package don’t actually mean what you think
      they mean. Example: 30-Day Moneyback Guarantee, means, 72 hours see the TOS… Daily Backup
      means Kevin is only backing up his files not yours……
    • value-added services:
      Chat support, has been offline for over a week (this was one of the major reasons I chose Hostpacket, I wanted to be able to talk/chat with people not wait on delayed emails).
      Email support, No emails were returned turning this crisis. Finally only a form email was sent out that didn’t
      address any of the issues hundreds of clients were asking about. To this day email support is still almost
      non-existent. (I have 6 emails sent with issues and not one answer, emails sent yesterday and today.)
      Support Forum, Kevin made only 3or4 post during the first 48 hours of this crisis. He didn’t attempt to answer any
      questions, in fact he didn’t make a update post for almost 3 days in his support forum. Today he has wiped all the
      negative posts/threads off the forum, and hired someone to moderate the forum. Except the user registration doesn’t
      work so I’m not sure if there will be very many posts.
      24x7 Technical Support, LOL, lol, LOL, no email support, no chat support, no forum support, 24x7 incredible isn’t it!
      24x7 Trouble Tickets System there never has been a working trouble ticket system. You can search dk2002, he was promising this to be fixed back in June, never has been fixed.
      Customer Support Center same as trouble tickets, there never has been a Customer Support Center.
    • Competitively priced plans: This is the only honest statement on his site! If you can handle downtime, no support.
    • unprecedented web-hosting experience: LOL, lol, LoL, search this website for Hostpacket you will indeed see that he delivers an unprecedented web-hosting experience. This has got to be the biggest joke of all. Over 100 hours of downtime, refusing to honor guarantees, denying his culpability, not delivering support features that got him the customers in the first place. This indeed unprecedented. Actually the ”joke” is on ”us”, his customers who were duped by his bait and switch advertising tactics and signed up for service with this fraud.

I will stop posting negative comments when Kevin sends each Hostpacket customer a personal apology, for reprehensible downtime, and acknowledge that his policies regarding 30 day money back guarantee, 99,9% Uptime guarantee, daily backups, were misleading and gave the wrong impression to customers who were relying on these policies. In addition Kevin will need to change his TOS to clearly explain what each of these policies actually mean. Until this happens I will re-new the Hostpacket complaints from his current and past customers.

Hostpacket hasn't answered any posts in the support forum since early this morning!

Hostpacket has gone silent again.

Services are not functioning. Email is down, dns is only partially working.

Hostpacket's promised 99.5% uptime, that means 100% of the service should be up! Well they have already violated their new UPTIME guarantee! This is after he has restored service from the hellish 4-5 day downtime we just experienced.

I have a personal page with hostpacket, so I was willing to give them a second chance......but now they are down again! Both my site and the main site. And no notice as to what's going on!!! Who knows how long they've been down today. This is turning into a nightmare.

I tried to give them a chance but this is ridiculous.

Tell me something that they didn't violated....

Now HostPacket is all over the forum
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hp.jpg  
    Freelance designer, providing CHEAP and HIGH QUALITY designs.
    EMail: webmaster[at]phatronic.com
    Y! Messenger ID: phatronic - ICQ: 159396474
    Portfolio: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75511

I suggest you email Kevin one last time and then if there is still no answer submit a chargeback to your credit card company.

Even though I believe chargebacks should only been done if all else fails, make sure you exhaust other options before pursueing this route.

Just my .02

tried to access my site and the hostpacket site under Opera browser and for both it says "cannot locate remote server".

Check out the last threads of hostpacket.. their website is down for last 36 hours. And I have heard from several clients that ceo is not going to refund.
    Linux Reseller Plans
    www.123resellerhost.com
    [email protected]

Well, I know it wasn't 36 hours because i was on the site and the forum last night. Anyway, it doesn't matter. It's just been too much downtime and now who knows...they might have just packed it in.

flkohost is less expensive, and has great support,

Originally posted by LordLardo
    flkohost is less expensive, and has great support,
    You mean flohost right? I'm actually working with Travis right now to work out a plan similar to what I had at HP. Travis seems like a great guy!

Hostpacket services are on the blink again!
    Should I use the word "blink", it's more like the lights are out and no one is home.

No answers in their support forum, I did see where they threatened one of their customers, to ban him. It looks like he only asked 3 or 4 questions in seperate posts, which they won't or refuse to answer.

Run a www.dnsreprot.com on "hostpacket.net" for latest system status. You won't get a system status from those bozo's.

----------------------Honesty is the best policy---------------------------
    I will stop posting negative comments when Kevin sends each Hostpacket customer a personal apology, for reprehensible downtime, and acknowledge that his policies regarding 30 day money back guarantee, 99,9% Uptime guarantee, daily backups, were misleading and gave the wrong impression to customers who were relying on these policies. In addition Kevin will need to change his TOS to clearly explain what each of these policies actually mean. Until this happens I will re-new the Hostpacket complaints from his current and past customers.

Originally posted by dialuphost
    I suggest you email Kevin one last time and then if there is still no answer submit a chargeback to your credit card company.

Even though I believe chargebacks should only been done if all else fails, make sure you exhaust other options before pursueing this route.

Just my .02
    Hostpacket customers need to initiate a charge-back NOW. It's their ONLY option for a refund.

Kevin has already made it quite clear that he refuses to honor his 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE and provide REFUNDS.

Martin (Kevin's new employee) has admitted in the thread "Important Information for HostPacket.net Clients" that the ONLY option for customers seeking a refund is to initiate a charge-back with their credit card provider :

I will not argue with you. If Kevin would rather have charge backs then I guess that is what he wishes ...
    Refer to these threads for essential reading :

"Important Information for HostPacket.net Clients"

"Hostpacket Has Fudged Their Comparison Chart"