Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cpanel +PHPManager +MSM

I was thinking of using Cpanel with PHPmanger with the multiple server module....

But my worry is this, does it just create more bugs? Or does the programs integrate very well?

Ive used WHM/Cpanel and was very impressed, could i expect the same with the integration of phpmanager and the msm? And do you have two screens you have to sign into for yourself and your customers, or is it just all the features of both on one screen?

I dont see many options on phpmanager demo.
    I know this is not a cpanel and phpmanager forum, but im looking for answers from people that have used it and are not affiliated with it.. any input would help..

Anyone?
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

I'd love to see some responses on this thread too. I'm considering a similar setup to migrate to. I'm just afraid that maybe folks who are using that combo are all running around trying to squash some bugs. ;D

j/k of course.

George
    George Vuckovic - CEO & President, Tilted Planet, Ltd.
    Dedicated Servers, Dedicated Service, Definitely Tilted.
    Celebrating 16 years of top-notch hosting and innovation!
    Visit our 13 year old, obviously ancient site at TILTED.COM

That is also my worry,, please anyone supply feedback??
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

Is there no one out there with any experience from this???
    www.boxedhost.com
    COMING SOON!

I haven't used the multi server module on phpmanager (I did pay for it, but the person I bought phpmanager off (looks in the direction of TimPD) has failed to deliver that particular module so far). PHPmanager does work very nicely with the WHM module, though my FDCservers box seems so buggy on other things lately it's hard to tell if PHPmanager is contributing, but I doubt it is. PHPmanager support is also readily available for when bugs are found as I've seen in their support forums.
    Proud member of the RIAA closed quaters combat cell !!!
    You'd better drop that CD-R before I shoot you !!!

Hi,

"But my worry is this, does it just create more bugs? Or does the programs integrate very well? "

As long as the minimum requirements are met (php4.1.1 and above, mcrypt()), then the scripts will install and run seamlessly on 99% of cpanel/whm servers.

"Ive used WHM/Cpanel and was very impressed, could i expect the same with the integration of phpmanager and the msm? And do you have two screens you have to sign into for yourself and your customers, or is it just all the features of both on one screen? "

Yes, you have an admin login and a client login. Both are available on the demo.

The multiple server module allows you to create accounts on multiple servers while still using only the one copy of phpManager.

Regards,

Locutus

locutus i have thr rpm versionn php-4.0.6-7.0RS, will PHPmanager run on this?

Also how do i check if i have mcrypt() ?

Hi,

php 4.1.1 and above is required.

You can check for mcrypt() by running a phpinfo() file on your server.

Locutus does PHPmanager group multiple purchase by the same customer under one single ID? or do i have to recreate the same customer for every purchase?

Hi,

the current release does not support grouping, but the next release will. We don't have an eta on it yet though.

any particular reason why phpmanger would not run on
    php-4.0.6-7?

i have an rpm version and i do not want to do a source compilation and an rpm for php 4.1.1 isn't available.

Hi,

the scripts will run on some 4.0.6 installations. Download the trial version and see if that will run.

Regards,

Locutus

all rightey!

Is the script IP protected, i hear one has to register IP with you before one can use this.

Hi,

yes, the full scripts are IP protected, but the Trial version is not. The trial versions are set to timeout in 7 days.

Regards,

Locutus

??

my 2cents

Hey,

I am a host that uses the cpanel/phpmanager combination.

I like phpmanager seems to suit our needs and is not to hard to customize (ie the design and wording in all files).
    Also their seems to be many new hacks coming out which are making this an even better product almost on a daily basis.

So my 2cents is that the cpanel/phpmanager combination is a good backend script combination for host's.

Locutus, great product, but could you maybe go smack TimPD around a bit for me. I've been waiting for him to give me my multi-server module for well over a week now (after having payed him for it) and he seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth. He told me he could give me access to it, but I've had a look at the reseller part of the members section and resellers don't seem to be able to sell the multi-server module. In other words, it seems Tim (politely put) made another error.

Serves me right for not buying straight from the source, just thought even Tim couldn't scr*w this one up.

I like PHPManager but the only thing that puts me off from using it is the fact that it uses ip protection and a user shall always be at the mercy of phpmanager, if their server goes down then you are dead, besides what if for some reason phpmanager itself dissappears leaving the users no luck whatsoever.

I know these are hypothetical situations and i do want to flame anyone, since it a pretty neat script, but since all my business if going to depend on it i would not want to be at the mercy of the
    code. I am not too comfortable with this protection, all i want is the developers to find out another suitable mentod to distribute this code, i believe yo already have the code encoded so no one can steal it.

As much i like this code i abhor the idea of any outside intervention while running it since it is going to be the only customer database one would have and if something goes wrong with phpmanager / their servers then the user is dead.

I don't know the exact details but I would expect that the script would still work if the phpManager server is down... sort of like if communication can be established (99% of the time) then check the IP but if not, let it go this time

I've found phpManager great for the admin area and managing clients, invoicing and the ordering process (welcome email etc). Having said this, Perldesk is in use here instead of the support system in phpManager and the clients don't even know there's a client area for phpManager. This is because it was decided that the normal cPanel would be adequate.

Looking forward to the multiple accounts for one user feature though
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?

Jim_UK i don't thing the script will move ahead without connecting and verifying your IP with the phpmanager database, not something i fancy...may be we can have locutus comment!

I might as well end up using PHPmanager if i do not find an alternative, but it doesn't inspire enough confidence in me though considering one can hold you for ransom anytime and there is not gonna be any work around for this. As much i like it, i would request the developers to find a work around for this and employ some other protection technique which would not have anything do with develeoper's server.

And yes, if i can have an estimated time of release with addition of "multiple account for one user" feature, doesn't make much sense when one user has 4hosting package and 4 domain purchase separately at different times and then you have a different phpmanager account setup for each. The customer should have a central login and all his purchases listes therein, wehereas the database would keep track of when each of the purchases were made and send renewal notice for each when due.

Hi,

if our server goes down, the script will continue to work as there won't be anything there to verify your installation

I would like to know this as well, i am using the trial now and like the program but don't want to be at the mercy of another webserver for such an important part of our business.

Locutus, you should set it up to still work if your server goes down. If it gives no reply at all, phpmanager will still work but when the server is back up, it will still check for valid ip and do it's job.

If this is implemented i will purchase it.
    movabletypehost.com / xarayahost.com / tikihost.com : Interested?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3691760

Locutus Rocks........smaart boy huh!

BTW Locu wht is myphpmanager.com? who r ther?

And yes, if i can have an estimated time of release for the "multiple account for one user" feature and also how to turn off sending payment notification emails cos i would be adding client internally, i.e. my old clients / back dated, i do not want any payment receipt mails to go out. Any hack/modification for this u got mate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast