Google Adwords - YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS

Ok, now I got your attention

Im looking to advertise a Car Finance company on Google, I have seen some of the previous threads on this topic but most are related to advertising Hosting Companies.

Im wondering, has anyone else advertised other types of companies on Google, or has anyone else advertised any Car Finance companies on there?

Any effectiveness rates or CTR would be appreciated, Im looking to contact my director shortly to get authorisation to advertise there.
    www.microsolder.uk - Microsoldering Services in the UK

*mutters* i wasted 10 secs reading this.. *walks away*

Originally posted by Darth
    *mutters* i wasted 10 secs reading this.. *walks away*
    Yeah where do we get our refund?

I liked Overture's PPC more than Google. Finding the right balance of keyword popularity and a good Cost per click is the tricky part.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I've used googles adwords for 4 months now. It has done ok. But unless you have alot of money to spend like $30-60 a day its not really worth your time.
    300+ Templates
    http://www.templates911.com

lol @ xtstrike

[edit]ed[/edit]
    Last edited by Omni; 09-04-2002 at 12:50 PM.

lol @ omni

lol @ Oni

why are people incapable of getting my nick right

do a search on wht for xstrike you get bucket loads of results, and its XTStrike not xstrike

lol @ Omni and xtstrike*

lol @ myself & xtstrike & everyone

[sorry, editing it ]

lol @ the time it will take a mod to realize this post is filled with useless laughs.
    hostVentura
    adam.ferree@gmail.com
    AIM: windsofnihility

Originally posted by dreamHOBO
    lol @ the time it will take a mod to realize this post is filled with useless laughs.
    ROFL!
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh useless laugh
    Web Hosting since 1999

xstrike, I can put you in touch with two people who take advertising on google to an extreme.

If you want me to put you in contact with them let me know by good ole pm as I am sure Aussie Bob would know them and start talking about finances and costs analysis and we would end up with a closed thread with the last post being.
    [sarcasm]
    "Yea aussie bob! You're right, chickens do make money if you invest into the right amount of heat!"
    [/sarcasm]
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

yay time to get my post count up
    j/k.. umm what is the point of this thread???, i have just wasted about 120KB downloading this page.
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

yay time to get my post count up
    So do you have anything constructive to add?

Advertising is only as good as the company behind it.. If the company behind the advertising is empty, then so will be the returns. If the company is not empty, legit, has true resources, then advertising will work

Google ads did me a few favours in the early days but not now.. rely on local magazines ads etc rather than the net.... Google still does us proud though

Originally posted by Dotcomsnz

So do you have anything constructive to add?

Advertising is only as good as the company behind it.. If the company behind the advertising is empty, then so will be the returns. If the company is not empty, legit, has true resources, then advertising will work

Google ads did me a few favours in the early days but not now.. rely on local magazines ads etc rather than the net.... Google still does us proud though
    hmm, just to close the thread off, Samuel, ill be in contact shortly, im just in our Southern office at the moment and havent got much time to talk about it.

Company behind it turns over about 80 million a year has about 80 employees and has 3 offices in the UK so id say its legit and has resources.

Sure you can advertise in Google then.

Re: Google Adwords - YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS

Originally posted by xtstrike
    Im wondering, has anyone else advertised other types of companies on Google, or has anyone else advertised any Car Finance companies on there?

Any effectiveness rates or CTR would be appreciated, Im looking to contact my director shortly to get authorisation to advertise there.
    I've managed a few different AdWords Select (which I assume is what you mean, the CPC version -- the old AdWords is disappearing) campaigns -- no car financing, though. I'd expect it's a pretty competitive area.

If you're going to get authorization from your boss to do an AdWords campaign, be sure you have the time for it. Being successful really requires re-evaluation of your campaigns every day. Be sure to use several different ads for each campaign or keyword set. Of course, like anything involving search engines, selecting the right keywords is essential -- although it's a little different when you're paying per click than it is with free listings like "regular" Google.

Others may disagree, but I really feel that most of the people who have really bad results with AdWords probably could have done better with better-written ad text and headlines, a better selection of keywords, and more time to actually manage the campaign. As with so many things it seems like a very easy thing on the surface, something you can just jump in and do, but in fact you're competing with a number of people who have studied it and have it down to a science. If you're in a competitive area, it's not as easy as it looks.

Xtstrike, I could probably get some numbers if you're really like to see them but I don't know how helpful it would be. They vary a lot, and again I've never worked on any in the car financing area. And I'd have to a little vague, due to non-disclosure agreements!
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

I usually click on the top link for services rather than the paid ad so try to get to the top!

ROTFLMAS