Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Talash, you handled the situation very well. I hope things will get better for your company. Its very unfortunately that sometimes a few employees can cost you a lot of $$$. Also its rare to see a company admits its mistake like you did and for that I congratulate you. Hopefully, everything will get back to normal soon.
    Last edited by universal2001; 09-05-2002 at 04:57 AM.
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

talash,
    I agree with universal2001, you handled the situation very well. I have read this thread in its entirety with a close eye because you have done work for us in the past and are presently designing a site for a client of ours. I appreciate your honesty and prompt attention to this matter, as it shows this community a lot about you and your company. I hope that this will just be an isolated incident and never happen again.

Good luck
    -Steven
    https://www.ihnetworks.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Tata in One Wilshire, Los Angeles! Enterprise Datacenters around the world, including Amsterdam, Singapore, London, and the United States.
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Originally posted by talash
    Some people pointed out on simmilarity between our site and 4guys. There is a thread which addresses this issue :
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?33864
    It is a shame to call yourself a good designer, but not be creative enough to create an completely own layout!

inspirational is making a design in a similar style but NOT using ecactly the same layout, very similar menu and icons. It is a copy of the 4guys design. not 1:1 but if you have even copied the motive of the background picture on their start page (the keyboard) and the ideas with transparent text (above and right of the flash movie) ...

Norritt,

I think you like to flame. I dont mind arguing on anything which you do not agree to. But i have already posted a thread where we can argue.

I have posted this thread to advertise my service and not to argue.

There was a genuine problem which was posted by a gentleman and it was dealt with appropriately and we havealso taken necessary corrective actions. I dont think i need to give any additional explaination.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Abhishek
    Submit2Please.com - Submit your site to 500+ SEO friendly directories
    EasySiteEdit.com - Point. Click. Edit. Works with existing site.

Talash,

I congratulate you and wish you the best of luck. You have taken correct and decisive actions and have publicly apologized.

I wish your company all the best. And yes we see very often in these days that many people just want a carbon copy of a site.

Yes such requests should be rejected for the sake of your own.. and the companies reputation.

Again all the best of luck and good work to you and your company. You did the right thing.

Do not be afraid to raise prices. Charge a fair price for good work. And deliver a top notch product.

Hello TDD,

I would like to thank you and several other well wishers on this board. You have given us the strength to come up stronger in the time off crisis.

We will be undergoing a major change in days to come. I am very confident that my guys have got the talent and this incident cannot press that down.

We all have resolved to come up with much better designs and ensure the intigrity of work.

However as mentioned, if anybody finds any of our work infringing copyright, please contact me directly at talash@talash.net and we will correct it right away. I know there should not be several instances, but still, since the number is unknown, i am stating this.

Now onwards we have also made a rule for our designers to list the source of each and every image they create. So any site going live now onwards should be okay.

To our customers: Thank you for your trust. Our quality will not suffer. Rather it will improve. So be rest assured.

Now lets the business move

Regards,
    Abhishek Rungta
    Indus Net Technologies

PS: Since the controversy is over, shall i keep this thread or delist it. Whats your suggestion ? How do moderators want to handle this ?

Talash, good job. You set a great example in how you handled this that several others on this forum could learn from.

TDD - your response is a class act. *applauds*

take care,

Brandon

I would keep the thread. I think it's a testament to your commitment. Ultimately, it speaks well of your company.

Time for group hug

Keep up the good work!
    ... to BE or not to BE, is ONLY up to ME ...

Thumbs up

Originally posted by TDD
    Talash,

I congratulate you and wish you the best of luck. You have taken correct and decisive actions and have publicly apologized.

I wish your company all the best. And yes we see very often in these days that many people just want a carbon copy of a site.

Yes such requests should be rejected for the sake of your own.. and the companies reputation.

Again all the best of luck and good work to you and your company. You did the right thing.

Do not be afraid to raise prices. Charge a fair price for good work. And deliver a top notch product.
    Yes, please charge a reasonable amount everybody... stop underselling yourselves.

This matter has been taken care of in a very professional and good manner. Best of luck to talash - I see you've learned from your error.

Yes $10.00 an Hours is way to low. I mean lowest I found coming to this was around $25-35 an hours. You could still charge $15-20.00 and be considered super low. And I know I plan on purchasing some programming soon if prices are this good. Do you accept Paypal?

Hi Darkfire001,

We do accept Pay Pal. You can contact us at talash@talash.net for any programming assignment. We will get back to you within 24 hours.

thank you for your interest.

Regards,
    Abhishek Rungta

Our utmost respect

Hi!

Reading this thread is truly inspirational. We salute you talash for handling the situation quite extraordinarily well.

Best wishes on your promo. And good luck to your company!

I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

I agree. It's nice to see someone admit to a problem and work to actively solve that problem. Too many Shawn White's (of Cyber Wings) or Timmy's.

I will be contacting you shortly for a project coming up.

Take care-
    -WC-

Wink

I'm glad to see you've actually gotten two (possible) jobs out of this thread. Just shows how well you've handled the situation .

Hi,

Yeah. We have got few orders through this thread (which i was least expecting because of the problem we were into). We have got guys working on them already and we will post the completed site URLs as soon as they are complete.

Regards,
    Abhishek

WOW! I'm currently outsourcing for Indus net right now and you have to believe me when I say this but Talash (Abhi) is the most amazing guy I've met. I'm only 17 right now and very few people are able to trust youngsters like me when starting up. He has given me a personal product to make for him... and he has tought me so much since I'v begun. I'm a lazy arsed guy... I was supposed to complete the thing he gave me a month ago and still I have about half left but still he baring me... (god knows why).. I mean he is going in loses and stuff but still... *phew*

Anyway believe me when I say this... Talash is probably the best web design company I've seen. Very friendly and very knowledgeable.

*prays for got talash*

I will never feel the same again when it comes to purchasing Domains. LOL, Now I have the philosphy that for every domain I buy I could have bought nearly an Hour of High Quality Programming. Talash unless my Self-Taught PHP suddenly jumps in quality I will be contacting you shortly.

re:

Believe me, these guys are talented. Talash.net and Abhi did a GREAT design for me and I am 100% satisfied. I wasn't happy with the first design and they did a new one until I was fully satisfied. I trust Abhi even after all the copyright issues, things just got out of control. We all can see in this post that the guy is 100% honest

* Another stolen site by Talasha

Talasha, please tell me why this site you created, as featured on your list of portfolio sites

http://www.the-creation.net/site/

has the menu stolen from

http://www.mediatemple.net/services/web_hosting/

look at the code Talasha, it is the exact same on your site as it is media temple.

Media Temple are a web hosting company and a Macromedia partner. They are very well known and its obvious that www.the-creation.net/site/ menu was stolen from Media Temple.

Talasha, are you going to say that this is the fault of one of your designers?

Not only are you offering low prices, which is fine but the work you are producing is not your own. You and/or your employees are blantantly copying other peoples code and hard work then passing these creations off as originals. Your clients do not know that they have stolen images and stolen menus.

This simply is not fair on your clients and other web designers. As a web developer myself, i work hard to craete original designs that do not copy anyone elses. Why should it be that you are allowed to advertise here what is basically stolen goods?

Do you think it is fair that you have now been caught out with stolen images and now I have exposed you for using a stolen menu, one that doesnt work in Mozilla may I add, so peeps look in IE!

I sell web design services for low prices and i have no problem with the competition and no doubt my clients have never heard of you and vise versa. My problem is why should I spend 15 hours making my DHTML menus with hand coded JavaScript while you just take whatever you please to cut corners?

You haven't even bothered to change the appearance of the menu, I visited Media temple last night after seeing them on Macromedia.com, I instantly new I had seen that menu before.

Talasha, please clean up your act. I understand your need for offering innovative and low cost web solutions, but do it fairly. Why should you be allowed to steal code while I pay good money for books and spend the time learning JavaScript, amongst many other web languages.

Play fair or don't play at all. I also urge all clients of this company, to rethink there position on buying services from a web designer who uses copyrighted material.

I have informed Media Temple and macromedia of your violation of copyright.

Play with the same rules as the rest of us or don't play at all.

Good day to you.

Judge, Jury and Executioner!

You never even bothered to rename the style sheet

From your site and Media Temple

<LINK href="images/mt_style.css"
    rel=stylesheet type=text/css>

<link rel="stylesheet" href="mt_style.css" type="text/css">

shame on you!

Hi iwillexposeu,

There is nothing to expose. I have already accepted the fact that some copyright violations might have happened with our designers, who have matured in a different environment.

If there is something, i categorically told you that you must email me directly and we will take action on that immediately and correct it.

Still i find you blaming me in a thread where we are advertising. I o not understand any sense in this. Also you must mention your name and email address. We want to solve problems but we need your cooperation.

Regards
    Abhishek Rungta

Well I am sure Media Temple will understand the sense in this.

It is your duty to instantly remove offending material. No decent web designer would leave a stolen menu system up on a live site and blame some one else.

Why would I want to give you my email and name, you would visit my sites and rip my menus off wouldn't you.

OK, I am going to rip all your sites off and then tell you that it was one of my designers who has since left. How would you like it?

You obviously have no morals and you obviously like leaving illegal web sites up.
    You operate a fraudulent company who engages in copyright infringement and then you have the balls to come on here and justify leaving the offending code online. One has to question your technical ability if you have to steal other peoples work.

How very sad indeed!

Hi,

I think i have clearly explained how our team is handling the problems they have created for themselves.

Besides we are not blaming anybody for anything.

I understand that you do not want to give your introduction. This is fine with us.

BTW, It is not in my hand to bring the site down. I have already informed my client about it. Also i am checking what do you feel has been copied.

Regarding morals and legality of our company, it depends upon personal perspectives. I am not to argue on that.

Regards,
    Abhishek

The chickenhearted posting by the anonymous user while orcheastrated and a bit contribed does point out a problem that has persisted for a signifigant time Talash.

How many staff/designers to ripper ratio are you willing to openly state are involved?

Are you willing to expose them specifically so that the community here is able to protect their investments at a later date, or are you going to keep that a secret allowing them to continue at a later date?

Your word is one thing, but their actions speak louder and I don't have to tell you that it is not going to go away with song and dance.

Help the community by exposing the actual people with direct responsibilty to the actual ripping so that they may protect themselves from any further copyright infringement sourced from your company, and in the future when they leave.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast