Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I also signed up with Diligent Host because of this thread. I was looking for a Canadian host for my site because it'll be mainly people from Canada visiting my site. I figure, the closer the better.

So far very good and very speedy (both support and server speed). I couldn't be happier.

Formerly I've been with HostingZoom (ResellerZoom), DreamHost, and SiteFlip.

Hey,
    just a quick update:

The good: Renewed my 1 year contract with glee, and signed up a higher end account for my sisters two sites (blogs, but decent traffic)

The bad: in one year one bad blackout where i lost communication with my site, support and their site. They fixed it and gave me other contact details 'case this ever happens again - which it should'nt judging by the reason it happened (cpanel fault, not theirs).

Conclusion: these guys still rock and Joey from support is as helpful as ever as are the other people there.
    If nothing changes, will be renewing again next year... and will def be renewing my sis's account this year.

No regrets 1 year on... will update you guys next year

I got a reseller account a few days ago and so far it's been great. I decided to go on Diligent because the are in the market since 2007 and also because the speed and ping times from my country are superior to HostGator.

I still can't do an extensive review, but at least they deliver what they promise.

I am waiting over 9 days for a replay...

Check here:
    webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=876285

Quote Originally Posted by montrealdude View Post
    I am waiting over 9 days for a replay...

Check here:
    webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=876285
    it's almost as if they've given up on providing support or replying to emails

i have one support ticket with no response since 31 august

I have the same problem. it appears they fell off the planet. I moved away from Diligenthost. It's too bad they had stable servers, and fast response to their support tickets.

I guess someone's got to be there, because someone is paying the bills.

i just received the following:

Dear [me],

My name is Bobby Tzenev and I am the CEO of nVira Inc. nVira is a managed web hosting company that has been in business since 1998.

As some of you may already know, Diligent Host is no longer in business. This is the reason why your site was down in the last few day. The reason why your site is up now is because my company took over the server. As part of the transition there will be some positive changes. We have Dedicated Technical support staff that will be able to support your technical requests. We also have our own Network Administration staff the will be able to quickly and proactively indentify any problems with the server therefore minimizing downtime significantly. We will be installing also our 24hrs network monitoring service that will check the server from 3 different locations around the world.

Here are some Q&As that will give you some more information about the expected changes

Q. Will there be any technical changes on my shared or reseller account?

A. No, everything will remind the same however as we migrate the service to our UrbanHosting brand, there will be some DNS changes required and we will notify you well in advance.

Q. I already prepaid for certain period of time. Will you bill me again?

A. No. All prepaid accounts will be honored.

Q. I just received a bill from DILIGENT Host. Should I pay it?

A. If you would like to keep hosting with us, yes.

Q. I have subscription billing with PayPal for my hosting. Should I just keep it?

A. No. Please cancel all subscriptions at PayPal that you currently have with DILIGENT Host. You will receive a new invoice that will allow you to create a new subscription with nVira Inc.

Q. You told us that all services are now up but my VPS is currently down and has been down for the last week. Why is that?

A. This is because DILIGENT host was not really providing VPS services but instead was purchasing them from another company that no longer provides the service to DILIGENT host clients. You can either contact the company directly at http://vpsville.ca/ or switch to one of our VPS servers.

Q. How do I contact you for support? Do you offer phone support?

A. Support will be provided from the ticketing system at your account. Phone support will not be provided for the DILIGENT Host clients however you can switch to our Managed Hosting packages that include 24hrs phone support. For more info please visit our website.

Q. Do you offer any other services in addition to the existing services from DILIGENT Host?

A. Yes we are the leader in Canada for Windows hosting and we offer several windows packages. We also offer Hosted Exchange accounts and SharePoint Hosting. We are also happy to introduce our turn key VPS Virtual appliances that are available with all popular commercial and open source application on both the Windows and Linux platforms.

For more information please visit our website at http://www.nvira.com/

Thank you,

Bobby Tzenev, CEO
    nVira Inc.
    Web Hosting & IT Solutions

37-1010 Polytek Street
    Ottawa ON K1J 9J2
    www.nvira.com

Yes I got one too. Bobby said in another thread I believe that he will be sending out an email to all diligenthost customers

Quote Originally Posted by APX View Post
    Yes I got one too. Bobby said in another thread I believe that he will be sending out an email to all diligenthost customers

does anyone know how 'normal' it is for a takeover like this (e.g. the owner doing a runner and another firm stepping in to take over)?

I can't fault nVira though - they're actually responding to the support tickets which is more than diligent were doing for months.

Sound like things are picking up then. With all mergers I think people should give the new company a shot - especially if they handle it well. If they don't answer tickets and hike fees then generally you want to bail. But if you're taking over a company you'd think you'd pay extra care and attention to everything. Howver, often doesn't turn out like that.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

I am not familiar with takeover procedures. But I am guessing, if host A abandons their servers, and do not pay for a few months, and host B comes along and offers to pay for it, i;m guessing its their server now.

My understanding is it will operate as is until currents are transitioned over to nvira, and then shutdown the server.

Quote Originally Posted by APX View Post
    I am not familiar with takeover procedures. But I am guessing, if host A abandons their servers, and do not pay for a few months, and host B comes along and offers to pay for it, i;m guessing its their server now.

My understanding is it will operate as is until currents are transitioned over to nvira, and then shutdown the server.
    It was not a takeover in the traditional sense, diligent basically left us out to die without giving us a chance to backup...

instead of going over the whole story again:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=6443633

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12