Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Diligenthost.com experiences?

Does anyone have any experience with them? I am deciding whether or not I am going to get hosting from them. If anyone can recommend anything else I only need these. About 1GB of space and maybe 10-20gb of bandwidth. It will mostly be for photography but later on in the year I will have to host some songs and approx 50 people will be downloading 10 songs each.

never hear of them, where you got their name from?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I've heard of them either. There is one review on WebHostingStuff. http://www.webhostingstuff.com/review/DILIGENThost.html Might want to do a Google search on them. Google is your friend.

All the best,

I found their post on the Shared Hosting Offer section of the forum.

I have heard of them, I have been to their website once or twice but have never had hosting with them and have never experienced their tech support or servers.

Though one thing new they seem to bring is the Colour Control, I actually like that
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

I have never heard of them either. I host with digitaleagles , I found them while searching for hosts online, and Im glad I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaylynn View Post
    I have never heard of them either. I host with digitaleagles , I found them while searching for hosts online, and Im glad I did.
    I would just advise to stop referring Digital Eagles in every single post you make, It will be considered Spam.
    Just it brings me to the attention, What would your Domain be that you hold with them?

I have never heard of them, is this a new host company?
    »SpaceDN - Hosting - Domains - coupons - discount informations - hosts Comparison - Domains Comparison - Ranking
    »My Blog - Browser-based online games, come here!

To what i recall, they have been in business 10 months, or since november 27th 2007.

Jetwash- the domains would be Toplocalbands and Internetradiotopsites , both .com sites. I am sorry I was not trying to spam, I was just trying to help. I am a new user to this forum, and was taking advantage of the opportunity to answer questions that I could or direct ppl to those who probably could.

Quote Originally Posted by JetWash View Post
    To what i recall, they have been in business 10 months, or since november 27th 2007.
    This is correct. Actually, November 7th, but close enough! We didn't technically get started until a couple days after, once everything was set.
    Last edited by diligent; 09-02-2008 at 11:08 PM.
    DILIGENThost.com, Canadian hosting based on high-availability w/ 24/7 bilingual (French) support & 100% uptime -> Toll free phone support
    cPanel/WHM 11 + Fantastico, PHP4&5, Private nameservers, Unlimited domains & features, Self Serve DNS...Shared / Reseller / VPS / Dedicated | Webmasters-Inside.com - Come join our new webmaster forum!

Yes, to shay, i was not having a go at you. I was primarily pointing to the fact that you were adverting digital eagles to every post you was making. It would of been great to see what domain you have with them, but as i said referring a host in every topic by you would be considered spam.

If you don't host with them it's recommending without prior knowledge.

Thanks for the clarification mate, im actually doing this post through a mobile, please excuse if it is scattered.
    To what i saw it said 27, but could of made a mistake. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gameforever View Post
    I have never heard of them, is this a new host company?
    No, just not popular here, apparently.
    Domain Name: DIGITALEAGLES.COM
    Creation Date: 13-sep-1999
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaylynn View Post
    Jetwash- the domains would be Toplocalbands and Internetradiotopsites , both .com sites. I am sorry I was not trying to spam, I was just trying to help.
    Thanks for posting domains you have there. We see a lot of people that visit only to promote thier host in each post, so we all get a little antsy when someone that just joined does so. Sometimes they own it or work there, sometimes they were offered something to come here and post favorably (all of those conditions aren't allowed here), and sometimes they just like thier host and want to help.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Hey!
    Check my history and you will see that I was looking for a host after a very bad experience with SpunkyHosting.com right here at WHT.

After looking around I found Diligent and was a bit cautious in joining but the price was right to give them a go on one of their smaller packages... i dont know if its because they were new or what, but i got excellent service along with super fast trouble ticket and problem solving, they bent backwords to get things done fast, and right without ANY pressure from me. Really nice guys.

After a couple of months I even got clients (i make websites) to sign up with them on the more expensive accounts and got the same service, which is great coz they are not so new anymore.

I really dont want to jinx it but will take the chance this once, so far this host has been all that I have been looking for and i have no plans of moving anytime soon, cant recommend them enough and as far as I am concerned they kick *** compared to a lot of the "big boys" here.

- Been with them for quite a few months
    - no unpleasent experiences
    - great support
    - i dont get sh!t for writing this, not a penny

PM me if you want to know the sites i am hosting there and if you want to check the speed, am not sure if i can write the domains here according to wht rules (been some time since i came back here), if its not against the rules i have no problem in posting here.

Hope that helped!

Cheers!
    R

I am quite ecstatic to hear a good experience from diligent host. I am in the process of obtaining a .ca domain and will get the hosting from diligent. Hopefully all goes will in the coming months with hosting with diligent.

Good Luck with them mate, Keep up notified of what happens matey

I must say that their customer support is top notch. I've been talking to Joey Brown about their hosting and he has been really really helpful. He's been going out of his way trying to help me find a domain host that has paypal and free private whois. So far so good.

He's been going out of his way trying to help me find a domain host that has paypal and free private whois.
    Take a look to namecheap, they accept paypal, I'm not sure about the free whois privacy though.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Happy to have helped
    You can return the favor by telling me which domain service you finally pick.... never enough of that kind of info.

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenx View Post
    I must say that their customer support is top notch.
    Told ya! Its like their support does not sleep!

I decided to go with namespro. A policy by CIRA was inforced that all domains that are registered by an individual gets private whois.

Sounds a bit expensive at nearly $13 a year..

Not to nit pick but a lot of sites are selling domains for around $8-9 (last time i checked, dont remember the URLs) with a buck or two added for private whois which still works out to a better deal... unless i am missing something?

I have registered domains at $8.95 with free privacy protection.

Though good luck mate, you chose what was right for you. That's all that matters :-)

It was a .ca and $12 is about how much they are. I would've gone with 10dollarca but they did not accept paypal. So namespro it was.

Should post my experience here too! I signed up 2 weeks ago because this thread, and ive been very happy with it. My old host always suspend my acount because it is high traffic, but not since I moved to diligent..I will give review in a few months or so..

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    never hear of them, where you got their name from?
    What he said.
    Have you googled them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast