Where to report junk whois data

Released just today - a place where ICANN wants you to report invalid whois data for com, net and org domains! They are actually going to track these problems and make sure that registrars get them corrected!

http://www.internic.net/cgi/rpt_whois/rpt.cgi

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

Without a clear punishment and plan of action to deal with this (by the registrars), I can't see this as having a big effect as there are so many inaccurate records. I suppose if it helps at all it is worth it though...
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

WHOIS Chicken
    I get 501 Permission Denied.

ICANN does not have time to deal with their internal affairs, I think the form they provide is a mockery.

Re: Where to report junk whois data

Originally posted by thewitt
    Released just today - a place where ICANN wants you to report invalid whois data for com, net and org domains! They are actually going to track these problems and make sure that registrars get them corrected!

http://www.internic.net/cgi/rpt_whois/rpt.cgi

-t
    Dear thewitt,

Sorry, I think this form is useless unless your registrar refused to let you to update the your whois record.

You can update your record anytime by login your domain control. In case of eNom, you are free to change anythings. In case of directnic.com, its the same.

Godaddy seems to have prevent you from change of ownership previously. May be you can change it now free of change.

Should I be wrong forgive me!!

Best regards

PrimeDNR

the yellow brick road ...

I guess they are talking about OTHER PEOPLE's whois record here:

http://www.icann.org/correspondence/...th-03sep02.htm
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

There, in a nutshell, is an example of how well this whole system will work. While this seems to be a case of a repeat offender and one who is public about it to some extent (beyond the norm), it was sent by fax, email and FedEx, plus look at the dates and the comments in just the first domain alone...

1. yorkstreethardware.com: On 21 February 2001, ICANN's Chief Registrar Liaison, Dan Halloran, sent you an e-mail pointing out that the contact details for yorkstreethardware.com were inaccurate. According to VeriSign's Whois data, the domain was registered to "Toto", residing at "the yellow brick road" in "Oz, KS 06750". (We also noted that you might want to consider whether the registrant's provision of that obviously false data constituted "willful provision of inaccurate or unreliable information," which is a breach of VeriSign's service agreement and a basis for cancellation of the registration.) On 21 May 2001, we sent you a follow-up note regarding the still-inaccurate data for this domain. Included was a link to a story in that day's NY Times in which the registrant admitted that she had registered the name with false data as a test "to see how easy it is." We asked you, some three months after the initial report, if you had indeed been able to confirm that the domain had been registered to "Toto", and if not if you could please "re-initiate the process of investigating and correcting the inaccuracy." It is now more than eighteen months after we notified you of the inaccuracy, and the domain is still registered to Toto at the yellow brick road, Oz, KS 06750. We have not even received any explanation of what specific steps VeriSign Registrar has taken to investigate and correct this situation.
    Great idea, just completely unenforcable, thus pointless.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken