Kansas City, Missouri

Exclamation Viewing contents on HD

Got a hard drive that came out of a RAQ4 - the O/S on it is corrupt and I need to just view the files on it so that I can copy them down and put them on the new HD.

I tried putting it into a 2000 Server box as a slave drive, no luck, shoulda guessed.

Can anyone tell me how I can go about viewing the information on there as the HD is not bad, just the O/S is. What system can I hook it up to, etc.

Please be specific on this as I have never ventured down doing this type of thing and some of the information on there is very critical for us to recover for a client. Thanks in advance.

You'll have to mount the drive on another Linux box. You can then browse the drive to recover the files you need.

I may be wrong, but I dont think you can mount an EXT2/3 drive with windows... you need to boot linux, then use mcopy or mount the windows drive (as a ntfs drive) and copy the data, then boot back to windows

There is probalby special software for windows to view ext2/3 drives, but i've never looked for it.

Good luck
    Avi Brender
    Reliable Web Hosting by Elite Hosts, Inc
    CPANEL Reseller Hosting - Fantastico - Rvskins - ClientExec