Interland Acquires Web Hosting Company iNNERHOST

OK - I was shocked to hear this - Interland is really becoming a hosting giant!
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

Re: Interland Acquires Web Hosting Company iNNERHOST

Originally posted by Lonny
    OK - I was shocked to hear this - Interland is really becoming a hosting giant!
    do you have a link to the press release???

i've heard that with interland getting bigger and bigger, their support is getting slower and slower....any current customers wish to comment on this?

Check out the press release on http://www.innerhost.com site.

I'm trying to get an interview with them these days so I'll ask all about tech support etc etc.
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

lovely! (sarcasm)
    http://interland.com/newsroom/pressr.../innerhost.asp

Interland is okay, downtime is nonexistant on an account that I run, but you need to yell to get support something and they charge you for EVERYTHING you can possibly think of.

So if you're with Innerhost, you might want to move...

Just my 2 cents.

Re: Re: Interland Acquires Web Hosting Company iNNERHOST

Originally posted by akash
    their support is getting slower and slower....any current customers wish to comment on this?
    Can only comment that we get customers from Interland quite regularly, and mainly due to that exact reason - slow support.

ergo: I wish for Interland to become bigger and bigger, as it's we smaller hosts who stand to benefit the most.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Re: Interland Acquires Web Hosting Company iNNERHOST

Originally posted by Lonny
    Interland is really becoming a hosting giant!
    I think they are the largest already, so that's somewhat of an understatement.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

ē Chicken

Okay I would like to put my 2 cents worth regarding InterLand

The Sales Representative was very polite and informative and he also drove a good bargain. Almost too good.

I have not had that bargain once. I was quoted a price of 34.95 and I never have once gotten that price. Instead I have been charged 70 dollars every time.

Their Tech Support - Do these guys have a Tech support?

Here are Excerpts from my experience with Tech Support.

Trying to Upgrade From MS Access to MS SQL using instructions they provide on their website. After not working and realizing it is an Internet Connection problem (their fault) I call up Tech Support and get an (Arabian Accented Person) He Goes "You can not upgrade MS Access 2000 to MS SQL unless you have MS Access 2000" After showing the tech support person their own instructions he still denied that it couldnít be done unless you could do it Was going to cancel the whole account then but then Sales Rep said he would fix it. Over a Month Later and not one single email regarding it.

Working with MSXML2 Parser. I am getting Errors That I cannot create the object. I create an On Error Resume next and print out the exact error message so the Tech Person will believe me that Yes the error is with their servers. He hangs up and 4 hours later they "fix it" turns out their DLL's were corrupt. Or never installed. They couldnít figure it out. They just did something.
    Oh and while talking to the Person about the XML Parser he didnít know what a "parser "was neither did he know what XML was. (These guys are all supposed to be MCSE People - Right. and I am looking For the Brooklyn Bridge now)

That very night of the XML Incident (I should have known I was going to bat 0) I wish to put a Custom 500 Error Tag/page up there so that I can see my Errors easier. The one they have is Non-Informative to say the least The Tech Person says. "Sure no problem. Just upload it and call us back" so I upload it and 5 minutes later I am on the phone and somebody is telling me that "they cannot do it." Turns out the first person didn't document the Ticket. I would have called back a 3rd time as this person who answered sounded much like the SQL Person I got stuck with but I was so sick of dealing with their Incompetence that I just hung up and left it there glad that after 4 hours and 1 month of trying to get them to fix the XML Parse that the finally worked.

Lets see Now Currently I am fighting Billing Issues as they are billing me incorrectly and constantly keep sending me emails saying they will fix it. Then they have fixed it and the bank statements show Charges for 70 bucks for a 34.76 + 14 / monthly plan.

The Only thing that I have seen that was Positive is that their sales people drive a mean bargain (even though all I really got was the free setup) (am not getting the rest of it).
    The Fact that They Seem Concerned with your Feedback (they have sent me 4 feedback forms and have never bothered to email me back regarding my answers)
    I also havenít seen them down yet.

So is Interland now America's largest web hosting company?

How does Pair rate in comparison?

What about UUnet? I thought they used to be largest, or has that all changed since the WorldCom issues?

Originally posted by reseller
    So is Interland now America's largest web hosting company?

How does Pair rate in comparison?

What about UUnet? I thought they used to be largest, or has that all changed since the WorldCom issues?
    WorldCom is a large bandwidth provider. They never had that many web hosting customers.
    Multiple Image Corporation - http://www.multipleimage.com
    Diverse Solutions for Diverse Companies.
    Virtual, Dedicated & Colocated Hosting.

Re: Re: Interland Acquires Web Hosting Company iNNERHOST

Originally posted by Chicken

I think they are the largest already, so that's somewhat of an understatement.
    Yes. Once they purchased the consumer hosting from Interliant they became the largest.
    Multiple Image Corporation - http://www.multipleimage.com
    Diverse Solutions for Diverse Companies.
    Virtual, Dedicated & Colocated Hosting.