Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SNEAK PREVIEW: Flash tutorials for your Help Desk!

How many times have you had to answer support tickets like:

How do I set up my email?
    How do I create a subdomain?
    How do I set up a MySQL database?
    How do I back up my site?

Are you tired of devoting so much time to support questions that have to do with basic, simple routine tasks?

Well, now you can have Flash-enabled tutorials on your site! No longer do your clients have to get frustrated trying to read through FAQ, KnowledgeBases or readme files. Now they can actually see how it's done...in a movie...right on your site.

Bring your web hosting company to the next level of professionalism and technology. Your customers will love you for it. This will reduce the number of support tickets you receive for routine tasks...giving you more time to build your business and increase your bottom line.

Fewer support tickets, happier customers, happier you...

And what's more, every tutorial you order for your site will be branded with your logo right in the movie. AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. Great for corporate branding.

DemoDemo.com is pleased to offer these brand new products to the web hosting industry. Check out the tutorials here. There are a few available for viewing now, and many more by this Sunday. Tutorials will be offered for sale starting Sunday Sept 8/02. There is special introductory pricing available on the site. But limited time only.

PLEASE NOTE:
    I have a number of tutorials in progress right now. However, I would really appreciate it if you could give me some feedback in this thread as to what other topics or tasks you would like to see shown in a tutorial. After all, as seasoned web hosts, you have the pulse on the hosting industry...

EDIT: Since my original post, I have since set up a separate domain for these tutorials. You may see them at www.DemoDemo.com .

Thanks for your time.

Vito
    Last edited by vito; 09-05-2002 at 01:00 PM.
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

That's a very good idea - and an excellent price for them!

Great idea! Well done

ubergeek22:

The pricing is on the page that I directed you to, but I'll give it to you here as well:

Individual tutorials $6.00 each
    10-packs $29.95
    15-packs $39.95
    20-packs $49.95
    25-packs $56.95

NOTE: These are at 50% off. Limited time only. On October 1, they go to regular pricing.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Vito
    Last edited by vito; 09-05-2002 at 01:03 PM.
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I have one thing to say When can I buy them?

I love it.. We have tried to do some movies like that but they pretty much sucked..

What if we use Plesk will you be doing some tutorials for plesk?

The Outlook express tutorial is great except it is a little different on Plesk, I guess I should say the user name only need the info be the @...

also what if we require them to use their outgoing ISP SMTP? Well we be able to get something showing and explaining the authentication.

Very very interested in this project..

The price seems very fair, what about custom work?

thanks
    Robert

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

GWDGuy:
    Good suggestions. That's exactly what I'm looking for. There really is no limit to what I can offer you. It's just a matter of getting requests like yours, and then providing a solution for the request.

Regarding custom work, there will definitely be a need for that. There are many hosts who have specific procedures that are not mainstream, so a custom solution would be appropriate. I will be posting some custom rates soon. And they won't be all that expensive either...

Thanks for your interest.

Vito

I know this is not really "hosting company" control panel tutorial but I am not sure about the rest of you guys.... but if I get another how do I publish a web in FrontPage or How do I FTP I am going to scream.. We answer those two questions more than any other.. well next to the setting up email addresses in Plesk and then in Outlook.

Maybe tutorials on setting up basic forums like phpbb and other popluar ones.. If you are not going to do that I would consider offering that as a custom work.. those are time consuming also.. not as much but would be nice..

Robert
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

GWDGuy:

I have made a note of your excellent suggestions, and of your name. Perhaps we will do some business together in the near future. I'll keep in touch.

Vito

I am always around..
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Vito

I am sold

How about if you use the cpanel docs as a outline for them if you need a PDF copy let me know and I will send it to you.

Hi Monte:
    I just checked and the cPanel pdf that I have I downloaded on Jan 21/02. I don't know if there is a newer one out. If there is, it would be very cool if you could send me a copy.

Thanks for your help (as always).

Vito

Want to compliment you on helping out the web hosting industry!

I thought this looked familiar, hehe.

Very clever and good prices. This could develop ino something big one day. Get a seperate domain for it lol and sell it to everyone.

Originally posted by progex
    Want to compliment you on helping out the web hosting industry!

I thought this looked familiar, hehe.
    Thanks, progex, and thanks for the link. Those tutorials are nicely done.

Originally posted by ultratorture
    Very clever and good prices. This could develop ino something big one day. Get a seperate domain for it lol and sell it to everyone.
    A separate domain is in the works. And I do hope it goes well. From initial reaction, I have a good feeling about it.

EDIT: A new site has been set up. www.DemoDemo.com

Vito
    Last edited by vito; 09-05-2002 at 01:05 PM.

I just ran the Plesk POP 3 tutorial and I have one complaint.. It's not on my website yet for my customers to use..

I am not impressed by to many things.. Sliced bread, Clouds and these tutorials..

Really I am really impressed with them. I know I am a nobody around here but I would have to say this will be one of the most useful tools coming from WHT..

I am ready to buy or invest or whatever..

Robert

Vito I think you have the latest one.

Just let me know when I can buy consider a cpanel version sold..

I love it GREAT job, I think you have a winner.

That's a very good concept!

What about the file size though? Is it big?

I like the idea though... real nice!
    ... to BE or not to BE, is ONLY up to ME ...

Awesome! I love it!

One question: Themes...any chance of movies that cover the more popular cpanel themes, like BlueLagoon? Because people might get confused when the cpanel they see in the movie doesn't match the one they see on their account.

Not important, I guess...just wondering. I still love the idea.

Just out of curiousity, I made some of these using the Java version. Did you ever create those too, Vito, or did you jump right into the Flash version? I'm wonder if Flash is better than Java. Took me long enough to make them using Java, would hate to have to relearn all over again for Flash.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Wow. It's great to receive such a positive response. Who said the folks at WHT are a cynical bunch?!?

Regarding cPanel themes, I have never really used any other theme in my accounts other than the iconic. Other than color, are the other themes that much different in design? I suppose I should take a look and find out. The intent is to satisfy all variations without going overboard about it. I mean, would you pay for a cPanel set (of 10) of tutorials for each theme? I guess it depends on how different the themes are. Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look.

Rob, I never tried it in Java. I do know that Flash is very efficient, and most users have it installed on their computers, so that's the route I took.

Vito

BTW, right now the tutorials are on my design site Dzyntech.com. I'll be moving them over to their own site in a couple of days - DemoDemo.com. I'll post when the new site is live. It'll likely be the same time the tuts become available for purchase.

I have just completed the new site for the tutorials. You can see it at www.DemoDemo.com .

Now that the site is done, and the ecommerce part is all hooked up and working, I just need to complete the tutorials. My guess is that I should have the cPanel done by tonight, and the Plesk collection done sometime tomorrow.

Vito

I am ready to buy today so if you don't mind would you please don't sleep until these are done

Plesk me....

I will be waiting..

also I want to talk to you about the custom one also..

Great job.

robert

Originally posted by GWDGuy
    I am ready to buy today so if you don't mind would you please don't sleep until these are done

Plesk me....

I will be waiting..

also I want to talk to you about the custom one also..

Great job.

robert
    Let's see now...the last time I saw my pillow was Wednesday morning at 5:00...that makes 24... plus 8... plus... Ah what the heck, sleep is over-rated anyways.

Robert, I promise you're at the front of the line for the first Plesk order.

If you like, PM me about the custom work you're looking for.

Vito

OK, GWDGuy, come and get it! The Plesk collection is done. cPanel should be done by tomorrow morning.

www.DemoDemo.com

Vito

What are you talking about.. I did not want anything?? HAHAHAH just kidding.. I have been at it for 17 hours today.. I am going to sleep for a while.. I will check it all out in the AM and buy buy buy..

thanks

Robert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast