Thread: 800# cell phone

800# cell phone

Any suggestions on a good 800# service that I can direct to a cell phone (possibly sprint pcs or others) or multiple phones that has a decent rate?

JDT

I use ATNT and direct my 800 number to my nextel, i think they prefer landline but dont regulate mobile

A really good and cheap place is http://www.kall8.com/

Anymore links to companies that offer 800 numbers?

I currently have a landline right now, but was thinking of a cell phone with an 800 number...

Does everyone use:

landline?
    cell?
    both?

I only have the landline for fax really...

You can forward that number to any number with http://www.kall8.com/ and thier prices are great.

http://www.schooldebts.com -- Consolidate Student Loan Debt

Wow I just signed up for kall8 and I am so far very pleased:-D Thanks for the tip!
    Jordan Bouvier

Yeah I use Kall8 for my personal 800 number its great when the exwife needs to call me...errr....wait...maybe it is not so great
    Sam C
    Blue Dog Hosting
    http://www.bluedoghosting.com
    "Your new best friend!"

I signed up for my two with MCI. I plan to transfer them over to PNG soon too.

So if I were to singup with ureach.com I'd be able to choose my own 800# and then by using their online cpanel, direct it to my cell or whatever!?

When I chose Canada as my country I got a message... Does ureach offer me this service in Canada?

ureach does not allow you to select your own number. They assign you a number from their existing database of toll free numbers which mostly include 866 and 877 numbers. Really sucks that you can't pick your number at ureach:-/
    Jordan Bouvier

We use RSLCOM and I tell ya they kick ass no monthlys and only 5 cents a min and check this out they round if off to the nearest 10th so if you use the number for say 15 seconds you only get charged 2 cents lol.. you can also ask they if they have a specific number.. we got 888-okihost

<edit> oops guess the number would help..
    888-225-6057 (billing)
    800-266-2006 (sales)
    </edit>

Does RSLCOM have an online system to manage your account? What kind of features do they provide or is it just a simple phone number attached to your existing line?
    Jordan Bouvier

RSLCOM has a website?

All I want is to register the number I want and then basically pay for what I use... I understand I will prob get charged a monthly fee which is fine

I also need it to direct to my canadian number...

Originally posted by ServerSonic
    Does RSLCOM have an online system to manage your account? What kind of features do they provide or is it just a simple phone number attached to your existing line?
    Nope it is just a straight number no fancy stuff.. Also there is no monthly fee.. Just the mins you use.

http://www.rslcom.com/ ... nothing coming up!?

I had an RSLCOM number before I moved and it was great, there isn't a monthly fee but there IS a $5 monthly minimum (hahaha NO problem there).

But I've been waiting since July 5th for a new toll free number! I finally got tired of waiting and used the kall8 link above and my new toll free line is already ACTIVE though I am paying 1 cent more per minute and $2 per month (oh well I'll suck it up).
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Well I have a fancy number I might use for my business but it sounds like RSLCOM is the way to go to get a number to let my family call me when I move out of this area
    Jordan Bouvier

Originally posted by Dixiesys
    I had an RSLCOM number before I moved and it was great, there isn't a monthly fee but there IS a $5 monthly minimum (hahaha NO problem there).

THat is the same thing I was told before I ordered but I have never gotten a monthly minimum charge.. for the first 4 months my bill was like 2.??.. So I guess they dont inforce it yet..