Advice about : Moving from VPS to Dedicated

I'm moving from VPS to dedicated server, and I need to make the VPS ROOT as "Reseller" on the dedicated !

So, Is there any way to move all accounts from VPS to Dedicated once, then assign them to the reseller account instead of backup each account on VPS and restore it on the dedicated !!

Thanks for ur time !

i think it is possible if you use restore function
    doesnt hurt to try =D

but then again it sounds not possible because of the way the structure was placed, unless you some how fooled the system into thinking root is just a reseller user and not the system admin

It is possible to use the root as a reseller although I highly recommend against it.

I'd say you've got some work ahead of you to do the transfer because you can't rename root (That I'm aware of) and you won't be able to transfer a root account onto a new server.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Quote Originally Posted by brye View Post
    i think it is possible if you use restore function
    doesnt hurt to try =D

but then again it sounds not possible because of the way the structure was placed, unless you some how fooled the system into thinking root is just a reseller user and not the system admin
    So, do you think that I can backup/restore all accounts under reseller on the new server ??

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    It is possible to use the root as a reseller although I highly recommend against it.

I'd say you've got some work ahead of you to do the transfer because you can't rename root (That I'm aware of) and you won't be able to transfer a root account onto a new server.
    But I've a partner on this server, so I want to separate some accounts !!

what do u think about cPanel transfer service, is it useful ?

you mean the build in transfer. I have failed using it. If you mean professional transfer by actual people then its worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by brye View Post
    you mean the build in transfer. I have failed using it. If you mean professional transfer by actual people then its worth a shot.
    No, I mean the transfer option in WHM , which has "Copy multiple accounts/packages from another server"

The "Copy multiple accounts/packages from another server" option works great. Why don't you import them all as root, then do a mass "change ownership" to the reseller(s) they are supposed to belong to?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by AngelofDeth2 View Post
    The "Copy multiple accounts/packages from another server" option works great. Why don't you import them all as root, then do a mass "change ownership" to the reseller(s) they are supposed to belong to?
    Yes man, I thought of this !
    but I read in some tutorials, that it's rarely works and I should make Backup / Restore !!

So, did u tried this tool, and did it worked fine with you ??

Yes, the copy account function worked fine ime... It wasn't a huge server maybe 100 accounts or so, but they all copied perfectly. It was from dedicated server to dedicated server tho, maybe if your vps didn't have much ram it could be a problem?