Thread: CPanel problem

online - s'where between home & datacenter

Arrow CPanel problem

Hi,

In a new Dedicated Server, For creating a reseller account, in the "Reseller Center" i give all the following priviledges EXCEPT:
    - All Features (warning: root access)
    - Allow Creation of Packages with Shell Access
    - Allow Creation of Packages with a Dedicated IP
    - Enabling/Disabling SSL Support
    - Rearrange Accounts (used to free up disk space)
    - Restart Services
    - Resync Ftp Passwords
    - Turn an account into a demo account
    - View Server Status

After that i do the ususl steps, Change the Ownership, change the Nameservers

When i "Create a New Account" from this Reseller's WHM, put any small values for Quota, email, badwidth etc., i get an error message : You do not have access to create that package (0)!

if i define package first and then if i create Accounts then its ok.

But if i directly if i click "Create a New Account" and fillin the values and not selecting any Package the this error comes.

Have anyone faced this?

Any inputs or help on this???

Thanks

It is normal as a WHM forces you to create and package and then create a site based off a package. Resellers cannot just create an account on the fly. I believe this is done so that it can keep track of space and transfer usage.

Are u sure?

I had few Reseller accounts with some known providers in WHT till recently also, and i cud do it, in fact in 3-4 CPanel Reselling accounts i never created any package.

Just fillup the values and Create!
    RockSolidHosting.US | reliable & affordable webhosting + domains
    Affordable shared / reseller hosting on Linux & Windows 2000
    Quality Bandwidth | 99.9% up | friendly support
    [Chat] yahoo: rshosting | AIM: rshos801 | rocksolidhosting@msn | ICQ: 219698679

The only way that can hapen is if 1) You are creating a package that exceeds the resources of the reseller or 2) You have the resellers privaledges configured wrong. Double check it. If you are still having trouble, let me know and I'd be happy to help you.

Jason

Hmmm I have not tried it lately myself but last time I did they had to create a package first and then you could modify the settings in the create package area.
    I think I will go create an reseller account now and try it

I just tried it using different configs and the only way I can get it to work without forcing a package is if you do not limit the resource usage. If you leave the resource usage unchecked then the reseller account can create packages on the fly but if you check the limit it to a certain amount of bandwidth and transfer you have to create a package first. At least that is the way it works on my servers.

That's really odd. That should not bee the case.

Directtech,

a) The Reseller Account is allocated 1GB space and 12GB bandwidth, and i'm trying to create a 10MB, 500MB bandwidth, 10 emails etc account and its giving this error.

b) The priviledges i checked all except listed above . Seems to be ok right? any comments?

Any suggestions for workaround?

Thanks

Even now i tried in my friends Reseller account with Voxtreme and i can Create Account without any Package.

Seems stuck here.

Originally posted by merconline
    Even now i tried in my friends Reseller account with Voxtreme and i can Create Account without any Package.

Seems stuck here.
    Hmmm. I'm stumped. I can help you out but I'll need in the box. I'm phantomhosting.com

Originally posted by merconline

Seems stuck here.
    I think Voxtreme does not put limits on the accounts. If I remember correctly Matt said that they just monitor the usage.

So yes if you do not check the limits it will work. One way to tell is use your friends account again and go to create account if there boxes at the bottom showing the amount of space and transfer he has allocated then limits are set if not no limits are set.

ok for info i put the gif of the reseller priviledges also.

see if any help or don't know if re-install of CPanel can help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reseller_setup.gif  

Take out package modifications.

well taking out package modifications doesn't solve the problem which is faced, it merely doesn't give the flexibility to ur reseller.

I have already submitted a bug report for this to DarkORB: http://web.cpanel.net/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=674

Myabe voxtreme isn't defining your friend's reseller account as a resources-based account. They maybe defining it as a regular (old style) reseller and monitor the bandwidth/disk space with some script or manually the end of the month?