Thread: surpasshosting

Arrow surpasshosting

I found very few threads on here about this host. Guess thats a good thing. They are very cheap and have good support. I currently have one small site hosted by them.

I plan on adding a much bigger and higher traffic site. I can't have any problems like downtime or site being taking down for a bogus reasons as 1&1 has done in the past.

Anyone ever have an bad runs with them? Or am I good to go?

Thanks.
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org

Your good to go, I've used them before and never ran into anything major.

Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    I can't have any problems like downtime or site being taking down for a bogus reasons as 1&1 has done in the past.
    Did 1&1 ever tell you why they took your site down
    | Manny Vivar - manny.v@hostdime.com| HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

I found very few threads on here about this host. Guess thats a good thing. They are very cheap and have good support. I currently have one small site hosted by them.

I plan on adding a much bigger and higher traffic site. I can't have any problems like downtime or site being taking down for a bogus reasons as 1&1 has done in the past.

Thanks.
    SurpassHosting is actually run (if I recall correctly) by one of the higher up people at HostDime

Never used the personally, but I don't think you need to worry
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()

how long have you used the company's hosts? Hope this is a long time views. Thanks.
    »SpaceDN - Hosting - Domains - coupons - discount informations - hosts Comparison - Domains Comparison - Ranking
    »My Blog - Browser-based online games, come here!

SurpassHosting is actually run (if I recall correctly) by one of the higher up people at HostDime

Better, it's part of Hostdime:

Located in Orlando, Florida, Surpass Hosting, LLC is a member of the HostDime family of web hosting companies.
    http://www.surpasshosting.com/about.php

I store my forum uploads on their servers, works great. Bought that package on valentine's day for 1 dollar

Quote Originally Posted by amygdela View Post
    I store my forum uploads on their servers, works great. Bought that package on valentine's day for 1 dollar
    I actually remember that deal. How's the uptime?

fine enough for me Never really measured, but DirectAdmin spits out my backups on their servers as well, and it never failed.

so for a buck I'm having quite a blast

Thanks.
    I had my blog with surpass for 2 to 3 years. they were good but you have to be careful with running a high traffic site. They automatically suspend and most times make the site remain offline for 24hrs. I know I pushed the bar with my blog on them and 99% of the time I could get away with 100+ concurrent connections but when the online would creep up to 300 I would get suspended. It only happened a couple of times with them, but at the time my blog wasn't as popular is it is now. Now I would get suspended 2 days a week. I only moved from them because I had outgrown shared hosting and there dedicated wasn't what I need or wanted (did attempt their dedicated for 2 months or so).

I have since moved my high traffic blog to a clustered luxury system with imountain and have been able to sustain a 800+ connections with little or no problem. Kudos to imountian.

All in all I would give surpass a thumbs up for that blog/site that is a site that belongs in a shared forum. Once you get too popular, know when to move on.

Support was rather good. A lot of canned responses rather than that personal responce, smaller hosts will send. Most support tickets were answered in an hour with level 3 tickets being resolved within 24 hours.

They do have a community forum that is rather fun. Many many questions are answered their including server issues. Staff do respond and most times do attempt to help with any problems posted. All posts good/negative are posted which does say they don't have anything to hide. Every host should have a forum at least for the people hosted their, even if they don't post it themselves.

Price is excellent for their services. Of course don't expect to get all the bandwidth they say you get (they will of course find a way to suspend you as it is automatic. Maybe the diskspace you could use up but again I doubt it, I never tried.

Give them a go and let us now what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    I actually remember that deal. How's the uptime?
    I signed up a domain name during that same deal. I only used it for a test bed before bringing something live. I did however have the domain on the server subscribed to 2 different uptime services and the uptime was fine. I don't recall the number but it was nothing I would complain about for a 6.95/month let alone the 1.00 a year we were paying for the account on that server.

They didn't oversell their services during that promotion which lost and made them money in the long run it proves they don't oversell their regular priced shared servers.

This of course it what surpass says it true and that is that clients are placed on new servers when they signup not filled into existing servers where there are holes. When a big promotion ($1 valentines sale) exists all those customers are placed on specific (new) servers for only clients of the promotion. Helps them weed out spammers faster since many look for those deals to carry out their dirty deeds.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DJSlim View Post

They do have a community forum that is rather fun. Many many questions are answered their including server issues. Staff do respond and most times do attempt to help with any problems posted. All posts good/negative are posted which does say they don't have anything to hide. Every host should have a forum at least for the people hosted their, even if they don't post it themselves.

All I can say is WOW! They must have really done a turnaround since I had a reseller account with them (at least 4 years ago). Their forums were so edited that you could not post anything negative about Surpass without it being deleted and if you had more than one or two negative posts, they banned you from the board.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

Quote Originally Posted by catfished View Post
    All I can say is WOW! They must have really done a turnaround since I had a reseller account with them (at least 4 years ago). Their forums were so edited that you could not post anything negative about Surpass without it being deleted and if you had more than one or two negative posts, they banned you from the board.
    Well I am sure some negative is filtered out. When you submit a customer testimonial in the forum it is a moderated post. If someone should be extremely cruel, I am sure that post doesn't make the forum but there are plenty of negative testimonials trhat are approved to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by DJSlim View Post
    Well I am sure some negative is filtered out. When you submit a customer testimonial in the forum it is a moderated post. If someone should be extremely cruel, I am sure that post doesn't make the forum but there are plenty of negative testimonials trhat are approved to the forum
    Well, I'm glad to hear that they have improved.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com