dns question (cPanel)

Hi,

we have used local dns earlier, want to use one for all.

for example, we have

server1:
    ns1.server1
    ns2.server1
    ip1

server2
    ns1.server2
    ns2.server2
    ip2

etc

want to have: ns1.all, ns2.all for all servers

can it be done with cPanel servers? if yes, then how?

Big thanks,
    Toomas

It can be done using the dns clustering system. You can have cPanel machines also do DNS or have standalone dns systems.

With the cPanel machines route it's great when you have a low number of machines using them as dns servers. I don't think it's great when you have a lot of servers just due to the server also acting as a web server and various other services.

With the standalone dns server you can just run the dns only installer from cPanel and it'll set everything up services wise.

With both situations you need to add the servers to the cluster and use the remote access keys to build the trust relationship. After that's done then you need to select on each machine if they are syncing the zones to another machine each time they have a zone change.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

i like the standalone dns server choice, is it possible to run on vps? i believe it is not taking a lot of resource.

if i have this dns server with cpanel dns installed

what ns servers should i put on other webservers which will be in dns cluster? should i add web servers to dns server or vise versa or should i perform this adding on both ends?