loanuniverse.com goes live

I originally posted this on 8/24/02:

I am converting my site from my old frontpage 98 version (last updated in Nov 1999) to a more basic html site and so far have done about 10 pages. Please take a look at it and tell me what you think. I am using tables for everything and there are a couple of things that I would like to improve on.

My website - free financial advice

Tomorrow, I am going back to work after a weeks vacation and spending a couple of dozen hours updating the site. I am now looking for specific advice on the look and user friendliness of the site. I have already incorporated some changes that were suggested such as cellpadding, colors, and font uniformity (90% on that one). I even have a graphic in one of the deep pages

What I am trying to say, if you find something that really jumps out at you as being horrendously wrong in look and/or html code and that won't take a long time to fix or a lot of skill please post here or email me. Email me now

Thanks in advance

It's not the best design but easy to navigate and suitable for the category it's in..

Your site looks verysimple. I like the header. Your welcome text and latest updates fonts are different.

Nothing more to write on your site.

I would never even consider doing business with a place with a site like that. IMO

LU,

Don't pay attention to the last comment.

Good job working through this on your own. There is a satidfaction in knowing you did it.

HostQAMan said:
    I would never even consider doing business with a place with a site like that. IMO
    I am sorry, I did not realize I was trying to sell you something... Even the banners are from banner exchanges.

floppy said:

Your site looks verysimple. I like the header. Your welcome text and latest updates fonts are different.
    Thanks simplicity comes from both the lack of html skills and a limit on my website space to 3 megs. I got an old supper budget account at my webhost that charges me $3.95 a month, but I think, I will eventually move to a site with php support so that I can move the message board. I did not know about the different fonts, I thought they were both verdana size=2. I will have to check that.

peteny said:

It's not the best design but easy to navigate and suitable for the category it's in..
    Thanks, in time I hope my skills improve.

If anyone can give me pointers to better the site that do not take a lot of time and skills please post here.

Everything would look great with a better simple logo. The current one is too big

* Too bad you can't edit these posts

Don't pay attention to the last comment.
    No problem Patrick
    Everything would look great with a better simple logo. The current one is too big
    Agreed, I would either have to get better at doing logos or bum one from someone Anyone