Enom sub-reseller

Recently, I signed-up to become Enom'e sub-reseller.

I just wan to use that account for myself and not for reselling.

The question is:

When I logon and start to purchase or transfer, I have to put my Credit Card to refill the account.

It says, at least I have to put $100.00 and 3% will be deducted.

Do I really have to put $100.00 there?

I do not realy sure how this work though.

Thanks.

Yes, you must put at least $100 to use towards the purchase/transfer/renewal of domains and 3% is the fee for using a CC. You can pay by check and there is no such fee.

Originally posted by timechange
    Yes, you must put at least $100 to use towards the purchase/transfer/renewal of domains and 3% is the fee for using a CC. You can pay by check and there is no such fee.
    Ah.... then this is the catch.

Thanks for this info though...

Yeah, the $3 you pay for every $100 that you put towards your account can be avoided by using a check payment

I don't think it is worth the price to have that kind of account just to manage my own 5 domains, heh?
    Last edited by DutchSchultz; 09-03-2002 at 03:08 AM.

I doubt it.

Certainly not good sir. You could post a request for a nicely priced retail account, in which you'd just pay with cc anytime you transfered a domain into your account (no fee for the transfer but you'd have to pay for an addl. year). Or use your own reseller account to set up a retail account and buy/transfer your domains via a registryrocket link that you create.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

What's the problem with depositing the $100? You can use it now to register the 5 domains, but next year, when you renew these domains, you can use the remainder in your account...

Or you could register your domains for more than 1 year - it will be cheaper to use your reseller account either way...
    David Heremans
    SPEEDPACKET.com
    a service provided by JustOneFee.com

** We offer support in English, Dutch and French.

You can also use Enom's registerocket system with your reseller account, just means you pay 0.95 + 3% for each transaction, but there is no minimum or deposit.
    Proud member of the RIAA closed quaters combat cell !!!
    You'd better drop that CD-R before I shoot you !!!

Originally posted by belaus
    What's the problem with depositing the $100? You can use it now to register the 5 domains, but next year, when you renew these domains, you can use the remainder in your account...

Or you could register your domains for more than 1 year - it will be cheaper to use your reseller account either way...
    belaus,

I am not trying to be cheap here.

The problem is that I do not want to deposit $100. I just want to pay just like using a registrar. That's all and that simple.

Chicken and Tazzman,

Yes,..your comments made more sense. But again... there is additional fee on that.

In my opinion, to use an Enom's sub-reseller account to manage my own domains is not better than using Powerpipe or Namecheap.

I thought it was......but not anymore.

Originally posted by DutchSchultz

belaus,

I am not trying to be cheap here.

The problem is that I do not want to deposit $100. I just want to pay just like using a registrar. That's all and that simple.

Chicken and Tazzman,

Yes,..your comments made more sense. But again... there is additional fee on that.

In my opinion, to use an Enom's sub-reseller account to manage my own domains is not better than using Powerpipe or Namecheap.

I thought it was......but not anymore.
    Have you paid for your enom reseller account? If not, all you loosed is some time.
    Founder of TradeHolding.com B2B Network and OneLoveNet.com Singles & Dating
    >> Business Blog
    >> Business Links Directory

Originally posted by zoli

Have you paid for your enom reseller account? If not, all you loosed is some time.
    Fortunately, I have not.

I just go with Powerpipe or with someone like you Zoli. Not a reseller account.

Much easier for me.

Get a retail account !

Dear Sir

You may get a retail account from an eNom reseller. In this case, you paid only when you buy the domain name and enjoy eNom's services.

In addition, you can go directly into eNom's homepage and add any domain from your credit card anytime.

You say your retail price and the eNom's price each time you purchase.

The different between Powerpipe and Namecheap is that they are using eNom's API and not credit card services or nameservers. However, with a retail sub-account you can just go to eNom and login into you account. eNom collect from you directly.

Is that more make sense?

You lose nothing and its free to get a sub-account.

Best regards

PrimeDNR