Thread: Shame!!

Shame!!

Don't you think its a shame how people use tragic events to make some extra $$$ for themselves?

look here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...832#post543832

Well, to answer your question; yes.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I cant beleive it. Why? Why would someone want to do that. I vote that thetopic be taken down. Thats a disgrace to me, and my country i think, or am i overexaggerating. (cant spell)

well i dont know, but thats how i feel.

Thread Removed, User Warned.
    www.24y.co.uk - Fast Professional UK Web Hosting

Thanks Xstrike, keep up the great job

thank you. good job

To be honest, I didn't see anything wrong with it. Companies do this all the time. Buy this and we'll donate a portion to some charity or organization.

The only thing I would have said is that it is very likely that these organizations need funding after September as well and to keep that in mind. September will be a big month for organizations to collect funding and I'd be surprised if there weren't tons of ads of this nature.

If not, they'll be tons of ads about how some company is donating to something, etc. and you can't get that bent over it (IMHO).
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Chicken, actually I can see your point of view there, as you say, maybe this company was affected by the Sept 11th aswell.

You could say im a little confused now over what to do if one pops up in the near future Maybe just review it and decide on an individual basis
    www.24y.co.uk - Fast Professional UK Web Hosting

Just guessing, since I didn't see it while it was up, that it was someone saying they'd donate a portion of sales to a 9/11 charity... I'd pretty much agree that I don't think it's anything that users should be banned from doing. Maybe a case-by-case review, as xtstrike suggests, makes sense because such a thing could certainly be done in bad taste.

I also think, though, that the thread asking people if they were going to shut down advertising during this period -- a thread that quickly became a flame-fest -- as well as the reaction here show that anyone doing this kind of thing risks alienating a lot more potential customers than they'd be likely be attract. To me it seems like an ill-advised marketing approach.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Well, it seems that I have, unfortunately, offended a fair number of people. I want you guys to know that it is with the best of intentions that I made the offer in question. As I told XTStrike in the message that I sent him, I was very severely impacted by the events of 9/11/01. At the time, myself and my family (wife and 3 1/2 kids -- one in the oven at the time) were living about 10 miles from Dulles International Airport. I remember the exact moment that I found out about the plane hitting the Pentagon - when it became quite clear that something wicked was afoot. To this day I still jump out of my skin when I hear a jet go overhead, and I still cannot bear to watch the footage of the planes running into the WTC. Over the last month, I've wracked my brain trying to figure out a way that I could make some kind of difference to someone that was personally affected by the tragedy. It occurred to me to offer a way that people could get a product that they might already be in the market for AND make a contribution to the Twin Towers Fund. Perhaps this wasn't the best way to go about it, but I want everyone to know that my intentions are pure and my heart is in the right place. I certainly appreciate your feedback on the subject, and if this truly is something that is offensive, I should probably rethink the offer and find someway else to help. It is certainly not my intention to make a mockery of such a serious event. Thanks again for your input.