Question Transfering main domain to another server what going on whit ns1 & ns2 ?

Hi,

Here is what i want to know to make sure before doing it ...
    Cannot find a anwser and need to know before doing it..

I have a ex: server1 whit a domain that have nameserver an these nameserver is used for customer...ex:

server1 :
    main-domain.com
    ns1.main-domain.com (lot of other site use these dns)
    ns2.main-domain.com (lot of other site use these dns)
    on the server i have like XX # of customer using these 2 nameserver

now i want to move main-domain.com to server2 but all site using the ns1.main-domain.com ns2.main-domain.com will be for now keep on server1.

I dont think this will do some prob since i dont change the Ns1 & ns2 (i just move the domain nameserver itself to like ns1.server2.com/ns1.server2.com but HOST nameserver on maindomain.com will move also whit it on the server 2) but since its the first time i need to be sure is ok then not creating a prob for my customer !

Thanks for your help

As long as the IP addresses for these Name Servers stays the same you should not have any problems.
    ns1.main-domain.com
    ns2.main-domain.com

Originally posted by sitekeeper
    As long as the IP addresses for these Name Servers stays the same you should not have any problems.
    ns1.main-domain.com
    ns2.main-domain.com

Ok so if y dont change the "Host nameserver" this is ok ... Even if i change the domain/nameserver (to transfert the domain to another ns1.server2.com of the server2 right ?

Thanks for the reply !

Like sitekeeper said as long as the Nameserver domain resolves the same nameserver IP then it doesnt matter where the server is.

Ok then, Thanks a lot :-)