Question Mehost what are customers saying?

Hi Yah,

Signed up with mehost.com last week and to date I've been real impressed, real quick turn around on setting up a reseller account (within 10 minutes) and Jason the lad with whom I've been dealing with seems to be right on the ball.

I've been through 4 other resellers in a 2 year period and the techsupport and general email replies have been all within an hour, the longest wait was 6 hours but that was for a low priority general company question.

What I want to know is what other mehost customers are experiencing and what they think about the support, services and server connectivity?

I'm hoping other customers have had the same experiences

Chae

I could speak for their Reseller program.

I've just started to move my clients over, too many limitations setup for Resellers, for example, no modify account in WHM.

General support was good, except I notice they only respond after hours (like 5p.m. - 6 a.m.). They get around 10 tickets or questions per day.

Their reseller program is not well established. I had to contact them twice or more a day to set things up, fix the way IP addresses....etc

Their CPANEL is not anonymous, and their shared IP address for resold accounts direct to their servers optimm.mehost.com (they've indicated to fix this problem within 1 week time).

Their uptime is good, I never saw it down. The servers are running on 40GB 7200RPM HD and they're dual P-III 900.

They seem to have problems with monitoring services, at the time, their backup partition was 99% full.

We had problems with SSL setup on their servers, that is why we're probably moving over. The support on weekend was very slow in responsing to our questions.

Pros: personal support (most likely u'll deal with Jason), good servers, WHM, enough space/bw. Unlimited domains, low cost per extras space/transfer.

Cons: SSL not available, shared servers not totally anonymous, WHM not fully controlable (can't modify accounts after creation), Reseller account shared with huge number of other accounts, DB and other items are also shared. No pre-installed scripts. Limited support.
    Reliability Performance Integrity

SSL is available, they will be anonymous this week. You can't modify accounts because just like any WHM, you will be able to override WHM settings. The server has 186 accounts on it. I don't consider that alot. Of course DB and other items are shared, it is cpanel, it works the same as any other cpanel. And yes their are pre-installed scripts, cpanel has, XMBS, Formmail, counters. etc.. etc. And to the limited support, that is simply a matter of opinion.

Originally posted by tamouh

Cons: SSL not available, shared servers not totally anonymous, WHM not fully controlable (can't modify accounts after creation), Reseller account shared with huge number of other accounts, DB and other items are also shared. No pre-installed scripts. Limited support.

The service I have gotten from Jason and his team at mehost has been excellent. I thoroughly recommend them.

For the 3-4 weeks that I've been with them now, I have noticed some wee minor things which I've chased up tech support about and have been informed by Jason that they will be resolved when the servers go anonymous.

The only other thing I don't like and again I've been told this is a CPanel issue is that as a reseller you can see plans that other reseller have created in the WHM

I have noticed that response time to tech support tickets has slowed down a wee bit from when we initially signed up but anything that has been major has been answered in a fast and timely manner - I've even seen Jason replying late New Zealand time - which means he's working the small wee hours of US time - nice one - makes me feel a lot happier knowing that support halfway round the world is working more or less the same time as we are.

Let's see what the anonymous server bring!!! To date mehost have wiped the floor with the previous hosts that we've had in the past.

Originally posted by Chae

The only other thing I don't like and again I've been told this is a CPanel issue is that as a reseller you can see plans that other reseller have created in the WHM

This won't solve the problem entirely, but if you don't want others on the server to see your packages you can place your username_ in front of the package name.

It works the same way the mysql databases work (except databases do this by default.). If the package is called 'basic' and the username is 'blah', then when creating the package, call it blah_basic and nobody else will be able to see it but you. .

Hi Yah Lightnin,

Yep done that, but doesn't work cause when I create a new hosting account and the pull down list shows which account to choose I also see...

joebloggs_plan1
    joebloggs_plan2
    johndoe_plan1
    johndoe_plan2
    fredflinstone_plan1
    myaccount_plan1
    myaccount_plan2

Even when I choose to modify accounts I still get the other plans listed. Even worse when I want to delete a package all the plans show up Don't know if WHM allows another user to delete another users plan.

It's actually a bit of a pain because I'd love to resell the hosting plans but how do you explain to your "reseller customer" what the problems are ?

The only other annoying bit is if you want to modify a hosting plan you can't - you have to create a new one then change all the customers by modifying their plan and then deleteing the original one. I'm sure you can modify existing plans and accounts i.e. CPanel interface etctera.

Regards

Chae

Chae, I see the same thing on mehost.com , but I guess this is limitation in WHM.

The way I do it, is record on piece of paper what are the plans I have created.

Then I make two sub-plans out of each one like:

myhost_myplan1
    myhost_myplan1.2
    myhost_myplan2
    myhost_myplan2.2

As for deleting other hosts plans, i've tried that and WHM doesn't allow you to delete other plans.

It'd be great if we can modify the plans, but at the same time, if you promise customers something, why go back on your words?
    Reliability Performance Integrity

Hi Yah Tamouth,

Had a quick word with Jason and then emailed him about it and he's going to contact WHM's developers...so we'll see if they resolve the issue in time.

Also got an email saying that one of the servers went autonomous - this is did well the servers name anyway but doing a DNS lookup on the server still goes back to ns1 & ns2.mehost.com and I also noticed that spamassassin tagged emails still had mehost.com in it also. Hopefully these little things will get sorted soon - but up to now I'm still a happy camper with mehost Just away to resell one of their reseller plans later today - so we'll see how we go with that.

With regards to modifying the plans - it's not a case of going back on your word it's offering them additional features or more bandwidth - it's would be nice to just update once and everyone on that plan globally updated at the same time - not that one would do it all the time - but if you did and you had a number of sites then it sure would be easier than changing each account manually.

Upgrading Plans

I find that a lot of the time that folks will request slight modifications of the plans I have posted, so it's kinda rare that I'll set up an account with the exact set of specs that are posted on my site.

That's the good thing about WHM, you can edit just about anything to do with an account before creating it.