hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : High Load PHP Hosting

Forum Jump

High Load PHP Hosting

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Question

High Load PHP Hosting

Im looking for a company that can offer me super fast php hosting. It will be large loads with upto 20 php requests a second, the load is so much that i am currently running mysql on a dedicated mysql server. Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Old
Retired Moderator

How much bandwidth are you pushing?

Old

Not alot 10gb a month max

Sponsored Links
Old

Also i forgot to mention i MUST have the ability to have a custom php.ini for my user, also i would prefer directadmin over cpanel. Also my space requirements are only about 500mb

Last edited by ben1206; 08-13-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old
Community Liaison

Care to tell us more about the nature of your script; the amount of visitors, load and the bandwidth somehow do not really match up. Can you explain a bit more ?

Old

Its a text based game, with about 200 active players at any one time per server

Old
Web Hosting Master

what are your bandwidth requirements ? There's tons of optimization you can do to be less dependent on db queries.

Old

My scripts are optimized to the level they need to be at mysql isnt a problem at all for me atm as i have a dedicated mysql server, like i said i only need 10gb bandwidth at the most

Old
Community Liaison

Seems you outgrown shared-hosting; 200 connections at every single time is quite a lot for a site running on a shared hosting account (lets say, i wouldn't want to be another user on the same server). So i guess you will be looking at a dedicated server; looking at your stats i would not recommend a VPS to quickly as your IO load will be high. Why not move the site and sql to the same dedicated server?

Old

Sorry i didnt make it clear the mysql server is a shared dedicated mysql server, and i am trying to split my loads between shared servers, i have previously used a dedicated server from staminus but the profits i make cannot sustain it.

Old
Community Liaison

Maybe look into semi-dedicated; or high-end VPS servers.

Splitting mySQL from production web hosting in this case doesn't sound logic unless the server is next to your shared-hosting account and lets the traffic go by a secondary network. All other options would make your php script take longer to execute (time needed to connect to the sql server) and thus use more resources.

Old

The reason the mysql is independent is because the same db is being read / updated by multiple servers

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I think that wouldn't be a problem for non-overselling shared hosts, like medialayer, although I haven't used them.

Old
Community Liaison

ben, now i replied several times, and more and more comes falling out of the closet, maybe you should try to explain more about the situation you are in; to me it seems your site simply belongs on a dedicated server. But maybe more information can give others the chance to point you in a better direction.

Old

i have been recommended media layer before i think im going to give them a try.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Managed WordPress Web Host Pagely Suffers Temporary Downtime Web Hosting News 2014-10-30 15:47:35
Australian Ecommerce Host Anchor Readies New OpenStack Managed Cloud Web Hosting News 2014-07-25 06:47:00
Poor Website Performance Influences Online Purchasing Decisions: PEER 1 Study Web Hosting News 2013-12-17 14:43:39
LeaseWeb Adds Load Balancing Service to Public Cloud Web Hosting News 2013-08-07 10:35:22
GoGrid Launches Dynamic Load Balancer Service Built for Cloud Web Hosting News 2013-01-29 10:07:53