Hybrid View

.com Domain Registar in Europe needed

After strange accident there my domain being un-registered byGodaddy for third-party activity I'm looking for domain registar in EU - but don't have too much time to search. I have alot of .com domains to transfer so inexpensive service preferred.

Any help appreciated - any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have found www.joker.com to be ok in my experience

HeartInternet will allow you to transfer a .com for just £5 and they will even add a years registration onto it for transferring. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Staxr View Post
    HeartInternet will allow you to transfer a .com for just £5 and they will even add a years registration onto it for transferring. Good luck
    However they only have a ticket support system. Also they are not a registrar, but a TUCOWS reseller.

If the OP is after english speaking support and billing, our support and billing is UK based.

Kind regards,
    Chris
    NetEarth One
    ICANN Accredited Registrar, https://reseller.netearthone.com
    Full UK support, 7 days a week 365 days a year!

If you are a reseller have a look at ascio, internetx, nic-direct, rrpproxy.

There are many registrars in the e.u. Most are in Germany.

Thanks, guys! These sites are really that I need (actually first time ever I see .com domains for $6)

Quote Originally Posted by steventay View Post
    Have you read the threadstarter's post? He's looking for European registrars.
    WebsiteForum.com | Now Live ! DnsCheck.com | Coming Soon !

Unfortunately there aren't that many affordable registrars in the EU. Companies like Netnames and Ascio all target the corporate market and their pricing is sky high. Even those that charge what I would call reasonable prices still charge a fair bit more than registrars in the USA.

I use Total Registrations who are UK based. They are probably one of the more reasonably-priced EU registrars, and their customer support is good (email only, no phone support - but responses have always been prompt). I'd rather pay that little bit more for a reliable registrar based in my own country... if things were to go wrong (I doubt they will with Totalreg) I know what my legal remedies are and I can knock on their door if necessary!

TotalReg is very expensive, just looked up the site, surely the OP could get better pricing from someone like hostway or Mistrel!!!

Kind regards,
    Chris
    NetEarth One

Quote Originally Posted by netearth View Post
    TotalReg is very expensive, just looked up the site, surely the OP could get better pricing from someone like hostway or Mistrel!!!

Kind regards,
    Chris
    Are they registrars or resellers? VERY important distinction (at least it is for me).

Hi Lubeca,

They are the same as us, ICANN accredited registrar's not resellers.

Regards,
    Chris
    NetEarth One

I can recommend InternetX (www.internetx.de) - they are icann accredited, have a powerful webinterface (autodns2, with xml/email api) and are very reliable.

Wow been away so not had time to get back to this thread, I cannot understand one or to of the blanket criticisms of all the posters in this thread, or the 'get a life' advice was supposed to be ironic. . They way I saw the OP opening topic was to gain opinion from others on this board as to the fairness of charging for transfers out.

Sounds like you may have already had a bad experience. Am I right in guessing the only registrar to be active on this forum or at least these threads, in the list of recommendations so far has been NetEarth. I reckon that's a good indicator a company being upfront with nothing to hide. But enough sucking up (I'm not connected), I would go for one that is ICANN registered, don't let price be your decision maker, in the long run I would always put backup support ahead of price.

I've had many customers struggle with Joker to get their domains transferred away in the past, HeartInternet are relatively new, and don't they come from 123Reg, so could the company change hands in a few years if it's a pattern.

I'd recommend looking at RRPproxy.com, they offer a wide range of extensions, nice API and their support is pretty good too.
    » Sean Andrews,
    » xoozoo.com ltd - www.xoozoo.com
    » Free DNS Report tools - dr.xoozoo.com
    » Company no:6482396