Question Selling of .org domain

I'm a newbie in this business. I have several domains for sale.
    After listing on eBay I received only one offer via email from ceo@eliteinvestment.net. They offered me good price for one of my .org domains.

But since we do business without help of domain brokers I need to know how we can make this transaction secure? They offered to use escrow.com. Is this reliable way of selling domains?

I have one more question. Is this possible to use .org domain to sell goods or services online? Or is it allowed for dot coms only?

Thank you in advance.

Escrow.com is realible source. I've sold several domains through them. So don't worry and good luck with your domain sale!

Yep. If they are offering to buy the domain via Escrow.com, it's a good thing. There are probably thousands of transaction going through them daily. They are not 100% secure (because they don't take the money and domains into their own hands before releasing both), but that hasn't stopped me from using them in the past. If you want more security, then try Moniker.com escrow service.
    Signature Under Construction.

(1) Since you received an offer, you might like to register your domain at sedo and send it for auction. In this way, you are guaranteed a sale at the offered price. And the final price may well be higher. With Sedo being in charge, the chances are less of you being cheated.

(2) There are a lot of scams in this market. Do a search on the company offering to buy it from you. Search also the name of the buyer. If they ask you to do something first, for example, do a appraisal with someone they recommend, do not do so. If they really need an appraisal, ask them if they are willing to pay for it. If so, send the money to you first, do the appraisal at the place of sale (eg SEDO) or your choice.

We are starting the process of selling through escrow.com. I don't see a reason to waste additional time and money with SEDO. Sedo.com charges 10% fee on each transaction. My buyer from ceo@eliteinvestment.net does not have account with SEDO too.

He is making payment now and I hope to close this deal soon. This is my first domain sale.

Anyway, thank you for all your help.

To IssacHeng:

Looks like you are promoting SEDO and their appraisal service. Why moderators don't ban such advertising here? I'm sure you are affiliated with SEDO or work for them. I'm a newbie but I'm not so naive. Not a good way of advertising.

Yes there is why that there is then.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfStream_5 View Post
    To IssacHeng:

Looks like you are promoting SEDO and their appraisal service. Why moderators don't ban such advertising here? I'm sure you are affiliated with SEDO or work for them. I'm a newbie but I'm not so naive. Not a good way of advertising.
    That sounds offensive. Your interpretations are however, your own.

Anyway my domains are parked with SEDO and that is the only place I am familar with and thus share what I can. I am sure there are others so why not you share yours too?

I don't want to sound offensive.

I like eBay.com.

I've got the money! So you can congratulate me. And thank you for all your help!!!