Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Under Russian Attack

Just trying to get the word out. Because of the conflict between Russia and the Republic of Georgia we are getting hammered. We broadcast, for expatriots, three Georgian television stations and a special announcement site for the Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili (president.gov.ge) if you are carrrying any Georgian based material be careful, we are receiving attacks all across the spectrum, not only on our Georgian websites but all of our issued IPs. Fortunately we have the equipment and technicians who can handle it. But if you don't and have any material related to the war you may want to premptively take it down.
    Last edited by ThomasB-ATLDC; 08-11-2008 at 02:13 PM.

That is sad

Attacked by who? Russians?
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

just look at any news site cnn or something

yea russian hackers are pretty insane, they're almost as dangerous as their mafia

We agreed to host the President's site because Russian hackers had taken down the entire internet in Georgia. These people are nuts. Our techs are getting no sleep at all. It's one thing to attack the .ge site. It is another to take our table out of ARIN and try to take the whole network down.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasB-ATLDC View Post
    We agreed to host the President's site because Russian hackers had taken down the entire internet in Georgia. These people are nuts. Our techs are getting no sleep at all. It's one thing to attack the .ge site. It is another to take our table out of ARIN and try to take the whole network down.
    quite an honorable act, the one you did indeed.

as for those russian hackers, neither do they deserve to be a part of the internet community, nor do they deserve the right to use any part of 21st century technology.

internet is a nation itself. its not a tool that any ultra nationalistic turd can use for advancing their own nationalistic sh@t.

Quote Originally Posted by unity100 View Post
    internet is a nation itself. its not a tool that any ultra nationalistic turd can use for advancing their own nationalistic sh@t.
    Unfortunately, things like this will just become more prevalent in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    Unfortunately, things like this will just become more prevalent in the future.
    dont think so.

extreme 19th century nationalism and associated unrealistic behaviour exists only in former communist bloc countries. russia, china and so on. even arab countries do not have that kind of behaviour.

my understanding is that, everyone on the net on average, bar only russian and chinese, realize that they belong more to the internet nation than they belong to wherever they live.

dont think so.

extreme 19th century nationalism and associated unrealistic behaviour exists only in former communist bloc countries. russia, china and so on. even arab countries do not have that kind of behaviour.

my understanding is that, everyone on the net on average, bar only russian and chinese, realize that they belong more to the internet nation than they belong to wherever they live.
    I wasn't particularly referring to your comment about an "internet nation". I was saying that I can see massive DDoS attacks by government agencies or government supported groups as a form of warfare continuing to increase in the future.

not if it is criminalized by international organizations and treaties.

it should be regarded as equivalent of attacking civilians. ddosing civilian sites i mean.

distinction should be made in between military services and websites, and civilian.

not if it is criminalized by international organizations and treaties.

it should be regarded as equivalent of attacking civilians. ddosing civilian sites i mean.

distinction should be made in between military services and websites, and civilian.
    It'll just be like any other sort of warfare. That distinction is largely blurring. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    It'll just be like any other sort of warfare. That distinction is largely blurring. Just my opinion though.
    the difference is, we are the internet. people.

just as mass moderation by users works very well in many sites, internet is able to discern whether a move by some source is justified in accepted norms or not.

Good luck with the attack. Being in security, I always have fun watching logs during an attack and watching our bandwidth fluctuate as our security measures kick in.

* Tired

Quote Originally Posted by Trickery View Post
    Good luck with the attack. Being in security, I always have fun watching logs during an attack and watching our bandwidth fluctuate as our security measures kick in.
    Our guys are so tired - four straight days of this. The Russians are definitely becoming Soviets again. We think we finally have it firmly under control, but I'll bet they come up with some other exploit eventually.

But we will not surrender. This has become a matter of principle now.

Our guys are so tired - four straight days of this. The Russians are definitely becoming Soviets again. We think we finally have it firmly under control, but I'll bet they come up with some other exploit eventually.

your team is gonna earn valuable experience, and also probably an amount of renown.

also it can be a good marketing item. i would give a hand to you for free if my main expertise was security.

you see ... a small post on 2ch/4ch and a small link on a (( good )) IRC channel and you will be doomed .

Quote Originally Posted by man-toucher View Post
    you see ... a small post on 2ch/4ch and a small link on a (( good )) IRC channel and you will be doomed .
    those seem to be made by russians. derogatory for the president in the picture.

very pathetically ignorant though - 'when you see su 25, youll sh@t bricks'. there are a lot of aerial weapons in west arsenal that will kill someone without ever seeing anything. su25 frogfoot is just a battlefield CAS hog, major characteristic being reliability and cheapness. if georgia had any amount of decent air defense, those 25s would be eating dust.

those seem to be made by russians. derogatory for the president in the picture.

very pathetically ignorant though - 'when you see su 25, youll sh@t bricks'. there are a lot of aerial weapons in west arsenal that will kill someone without ever seeing anything. su25 frogfoot is just a battlefield CAS hog, major characteristic being reliability and cheapness. if georgia had any amount of decent air defense, those 25s would be eating dust.
    LOOOOOL welcome to the INTERNETZ ... wow .. just wow

Our guys are so tired - four straight
    i like PP with principles ! i mean your not doing it for the money !! nor for the LULZ

LOOOOOL welcome to the INTERNETZ ... wow .. just wow
    you may want to leave your nationalism at the door before entering this website. and the crappy 'lol' rhetoric too. this is not a website like the ones you are accustomed to.

i like PP with principles ! i mean your not doing it for the money !! nor for the LULZ
    do these photographs show russian artillery bombing of the town of gori this morning, which georgian military EMPTIED YESTERDAY ?

never mind, bbc world showed it live. we dont need photos.

you may want to leave your nationalism at the door before entering this website. and the crappy 'lol' rhetoric too. this is not a website like the ones you are accustomed to.
    - i am a member of this WSite for a year now , i don't normaly post but i know you . and your crappy topics so please lets cut the crap and stop this ( i am older and this not your site ) its too childish even for me.

if you didnt understand the point of the first 2 pc then you have a problem .

you may want to leave your nationalism at the door before entering this website.
    i have 3 passports .. and i am from EU .. i am very sure i am not a russian

now go try harder , AND PLEASEEEE dont go Emo .

never mind, bbc world showed it live. we dont need photos.
    I am sure they did .

To get this back on topic, as an update:

300 million blocked attacking packets in the past 15 hours Serving around 300-400 requests per second of normal traffic about 10GB of data going out every 10 mins 68,000 active connections hitting the firewall right now 5,700 subnets blocked

still online

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast