RAQ 4 Problem - PLEASE HELP!!

Got a standard RAQ4 - when I turn it on to boot, it does the "Cobalt Networks" screen, goes through to booting, then all the lights on the left go dark (lan, 100, etc...) and it just reboots back to the "Cobalt Networks" screen.

How do I fix this little glitch. This is a very important thing as all of our DNS is on that box (which will change VERY shortly) and causing us major havok. Please help!

TIA

Anyone - Please, I am desperate here...

Sounds like your HD is dead, or corrupted. You might want to open it up and verify the power and IDE connections, and make sure it's spinning up.

As a last gasp, you might try a CMOS restore, usually needed if the backup battery is dead. Honestly, this doesn't sound like a CMOS restore situation, but you might try anyway: hold down the E key, power on, wait until 'CMOS restored' on LCD, power off, release E key.

If no joy, replace the HD, do a OS restore, and then use your backups to get your DNS restored. (You DO have backups, right?)

Good luck,

Brandon

I thought the cobalt would do a disk check at booting. Are there no errors mentioned when booting ?? (in lcd ??) ask your coloc to have a look during boottime if you can't visit your box.
    http://www.HaVa.nl
    Reliable hosting and Colocation

Good thinking Cyrus, but the LCD won't do you much good in this situation. What your colo needs to do is login via serial console during the boot process and watch for messages there. We have a device that allows us to let our customers gain console access remotely and do this for themselves, perhaps your provider does as well.

Good luck,

Brandon