Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    maniakaz,

good job, thanks.

There is enough filth on the Internet and auhorities should at least weed out the worst crooks.

Just Google for "********** fraud"

I also know another webmaster who lost a bit in this scam. Poor lad still has hopes :-) and plans to give them till end of August ..

that`s what he wrote ...

After the first I would like to start a campaign to find others who have been stiffed. I would think having more names and amounts owed would carry more weight when turing this information over to the fraud division versus one or 2.

Have a great weekend.
    J.

0**webhost has been reliable. The affiliates was a big trouble for them though. 98% claimed not to received any payments.

One more thing to add I saw many advertisement like posts in another forum. Some body comes in and drops the add there and disappears. It does not seems like a review too. Any body noticed that?
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

I think they are spamming (but they don't spam me, unfortunately).
    Today I was phoned and told I had to inform Economic police. Well, tomorrow I will tell all the data I have to them.
    Once again - if someone has/had/is having direct experience - please tell me. I may need it: google sometimes is not enough.

I've heard this happening a lot. Hopefully people will get wise to affiliate programs that do not pay out.

Update: today will phone to the Economic police. Hold on scammers, trouble is on its direct way

Wow. I doubt you can do much about it though, unfortunately.

I will do what I can: phone, email.
    If all fails - I will write to the US embassy. They should have some kind of officer, responsible for economic relations. And if that fails - well, I have done all I could. Then, it would be up to Americans to fight this scam :-/

10. Yeah, A good webhost doesn't have unlimited anything. There are no real host out there that can provide unlimited everything.

maniakaz,

any news at your end ? So far no reply from the FBI IT fraud squad.

cheers

Had a fight with our own bureaucracy. From person A to B, then to D...
    Now redirected to the Kaunas police sheriff office. Will write to the at teh end of next week. Currently going for a trip in Europe (18-25 August). Will keep you informed.

I think zerozerowebhost and hosting24 are great services they get back to you with your problems, lots of space and a domain name for 12 dollars a month its fantastic. Im not interested in the affiliate side of it and dont use it, I dont think anyone's going to get anywhere with affiliate programs of any kind. Just use the other products and be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    I think zerozerowebhost and hosting24 are great services they get back to you with your problems, lots of space and a domain name for 12 dollars a month its fantastic. Im not interested in the affiliate side of it and dont use it, I dont think anyone's going to get anywhere with affiliate programs of any kind. Just use the other products and be grateful.
    Plenty of people get "somewhere" with affiliate programs.

I don't see where they charge $12/mo for anything.
    Perhaps you're not sure which hosts they're talking about.

As far as "being grateful",
    There are much better free hosts out there.

I think zerozerowebhost and hosting24 are great services

They are cheating crooks and criminals who should be taken off the web. It is a disgrace, that any foreign criminal can easily start a crooked US based business.

000 is their quality!
    They are all a big SCAM and LIE!

After several tedious attemts to evaluate them they came with some joke about "reviewing content" last night. And then destroyed all the content.

Not to mention, that any of the newer CMS systems were neither maintained by them nor old ones updated.

This is just a big scam and nobody will ever receive any money for refering people!!!

I learned a lot about Drupal there. That's all. Now it is time to move on to a real host. And of course write about their lies and scam to everybody in the industry (and I know a bunch of people, including some who founded REAL and succesful businesses personally ;-)

Thumbs down just like the versions of SW they use ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Nice joke. And true too if they are not going to pay they should have made it more attractive by increasing the amount. While doing fraud activities(if so) also they are using less brain.
    Thanks for WHT policies, other wise we might have seen so many promotional posts here also as in many other forums.
    They should have applied regular security update according to e.g. the Drupal admin I used there as "mystery shopper" the last couple of weeks.

Of course none of that ever happened. And for the existance of their contact or service email just see my earlier reply here.

Should the FBI or any other authority require my assistance, please feel free to contact me.

my contact email works: info <AT> catmedia <DOT> us.

I'm still confused. What is the issue here?

Affiliates don't get paid? Or something?

Unfortunately the FBI won't have anything to do with Lithuanian scammers, as they are in Lithuania... Unfortunately the best option is to inform people NOT to sign up as a 0 0 0 affiliate.
    Brook Hollow Brands

* Re: Lithuania

Sure, but Lithuania is in the EU now!
    And while it might be a bit tricky and their damage not as significant yet as let's say what the Milosevics or Karacics of this world did, there is a place especially for those who were scammed FINANCIALLY:

www . fntt . lt

That is the FCIS (Financial Crime Investigation Service) in Lithuania.
    It may not be the NCIS (otherwise they'd probably be dead already ;-) but it is worth a try.
    So everybody who feels scammed or tricked by them, please go ahead.

Btw, just minutes after I sent them a last chance to undo their damage (deleted free accounts) while I was still under the impression they may just be dumb and underskilled wannabe hosts with a team too small, not directly my private mail account or that of my domain, but a NGO I work for (Java Community Process, governed primarily by Sun, but all major IT companies sit and contribute there) received a massive SPAM attack which is still ongoing by abusing a mailing list and faking it as sender for spam across the world!!!

Most of these spam mails have a time stamp that fits Eastern Europe (~1h ago that was 12:30am at night)

Maybe a coinsidence or strange luck, but I don't believe that.
    Nor do I believe, Google has disabled my AdSense account temporarily either.

Those crooks and Cyber Terrorists rather are most likely to have used some CMS content and taken AdSense code out there, falsified it and tried to "Virtually Fake" Money !!!!!

Adsense

Hi Cat,

these OOOcrooks are still running an adwords account with Google. So they have money! I have mailed you the FBI complaint number.

Do you happen to know the AdWords account number or id?

I'm sure, Google should also be able to find them just by domain names.
    After all their attempt to plunder or abuse AdSense through the code they got from the so called hosting service is documented there already.

I'm not at risk here as all on stake are laughable 10$ in my AdSense account, but I don't even want to know what happens to people who were stupid enough to use their paid service and host let's say an online shop with money and credit card numbers there ??!

Quote Originally Posted by night707 View Post
    Sure, with the next version of hosting24.com we will see competition for hostmonster, gator and so on who pay bounties worth $50 and more.
    lmao....then at the end of the scale...we'll see unlimited $$$ bounties.

you see where it's going.

we're all going to hell in a handcart.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

Oh Crap! I have been advertising for him! UGHHH

maniakaz, any more news from your operation?

25. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Posts from theWHIR.com