hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Domain Names Advertising : Domain Name with Web Site Offers : Webmaster Resources Directory Pr3, 600unique/day for sale

Forum Jump

Webmaster Resources Directory Pr3, 600unique/day for sale

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Name with Web Site Offers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Disabled

Webmaster Resources Directory Pr3, 600unique/day for sale

Im selling www.webgeekworld.com and all associated domains and running scripts.

It is a webmaster/scripts resources site that does 600-800 daily uniques (absolute unique, not hit) on average. See stats for august here : http://www.webgeekworld.com/usage_200807.html

What is included
Domains :
webgeekworld.com
webgeekworld.net
webgeekworld.org
r2xdesign.net
intoract.com

all on enom, will push to enom or facilitate transfer.

Directory :
Current directory runs on a custom script i made. It currently has 10.000 php script resources and some more stuff. I explained the features of the script thats running the directory below :

It runs on a custom unlimited categories, unlimited items directory script. It has features for adding, modifying, editing and copying categories. It also allows users of the site to submit resources to directory anonymously or logged in.

Another specific feature is the in-site credit system. I coded in a system to give credits to each user for any resource they submit to the directory. In turn, they can use these credits to make their banners appear in the site wide banner system. this is an incentive to active participants. Naturally, i also put in a banner rotation system to rotate the member banners according to their credits. basically it shows any member's banner as much as the credits they have, deducing credits for each unique click. (can be modified to deduce unique banner impressions etc).

The directory takes in the resource submitted, it writes down it to db, and leaves to admin approval. when an admin approves the resource, the resource goes active, and also system creates a support thread automatically in the forum part of the site.

There are the usual rating functions to rate the scripts naturally. Ah, also there is a fulltext search function.

Hosting :
Site sits on my hosting. It is quite well off there. The buyer will have 1 year free, and can continue to use it or transfer it to someplace else, or transfer it rightaway as they like. Ill aid in transfer of the website and set up, and will offer reasonable after-sales support and advice.

Revenue
I didnt have the means to generate any revenue with this website yet. I have acquired this site 1.5 or so years ago to create a small community that i could also use in doing some advertising. but, i suck at advertising schemes and marketing. Additionally, almost all ad agencies worldwide either do not accept turkish citizens, or give such accounts so low rates that using any ad network doesnt bring a dime. So i didnt even bother with it. As im not overselling in my hosting outlet, or catering to this particular audience in any way, i havent put ads for mindonthenet.com on it for prolonged periods. Though still i have gained a few customers through it despite that. Add the fact that i dont particularly have time to lean on this website (due to web dev work) and the budget i have is used for web dev outlet i have, you can see the full picture.

I would try to make an estimate about how much revenue would it generate, but, as said, i dont know zit about using ad networks, doing marketing or renting advertising to anyone, so i cant say nothing. All i know is that i have a full fledged website that has noticeable hits for its genre, that im not able to contrive any way to make use of.

Reason for selling
As said, i dont have time or resources to allocate to working on or promoting this site. i have various dormant sites like this. I dont want them to rot while im working on other stuff. And i could use some cash too.

Asking price
A canada website dealer source i contacted have said that if had some proof of revenue, the site would sell for at least $15k, to $40 k. But, as i dont have any such proof, they said that it would be a fair price to give it from low 4 figures. therefore, what i have in mind will be something in the vicinity, though best offer always works. Im looking for a fast clean sale through paypal or 2checkout.

The only request im gonna make is that you maintain the 'developed by zerensoft' link for a while after buying the site. for 3-4 months at least. I intend to show it as a portfolio item.

You can pm me for offers and questions.

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Ads Available for the Second Printing of WHIR’s Annual Hottest Hosts Directory Blog 2014-04-08 16:52:36
Hostway Corporation Listing 2014-04-24 00:32:49
Newtek Web Hosting Listing 2014-04-24 00:30:09
Newtek Web Hosting Listing 2014-04-24 00:32:39
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – June 21, 2013 Web Hosting News 2013-06-24 17:14:42