Spamd is constantly failing.

I have been using my Server for a decent while, All of a sudden of the last month it has decided that it wants to play a game.

"Spamd" keeps failing and automagically restarts.

It restarts and works, But then Fails once again a few hours later. One morning I woke up to 7 error messages with the same service.
    By Restarting Exim it resolves the issue but it happens hours later.
    I have tried mostly of what I can think of.

Does anyone have any other thoughts on this issue and how it can be resolved?

Cheers
    l Clever Emu (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2003
    l Leading UK and Ireland Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

I've found this to be indicative of a large amount of spam being sent to the server. Check your server load - if it is high when spamd fails this is a likely cause.

Well at the moment I am receiving a message from spamd every 10 minutes or so. Not sure, But will investigate that further.
    l Clever Emu (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2003
    l Leading UK and Ireland Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Have you got any error logs?

Is it a vps and are you running out of memory? Have you tried reinstalling spamd in the server?
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

6. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Related Posts from theWHIR.com