looking for win2k starter inexpensive reseller plan

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a windows 2000 reseller plan with access and/or sql server 7 or 2000 support and asp.net .
    Better if it supports java/jsp too.

I'd like ability to resell linux account with the same account.

VERY IMPORTANT: fast and reliable support needed (I think this comes before any other feature)

I need a pay-per-account or low monthly fee, with low or no setup fee.

I've found a lot of reseller plans for linux but none for win2k.

Thank you
    Bye!

Have you considered why there are fewer Hosts offering Windows based plans? Well Windows is not FREE!. It is more likely to suffer the wrath of the odd hacker who dislikes Mr Gates and the system is know to falter with the drop of a pin. Any other questions?
    COMPUTERS CAN DO THAT?
    http://www.computerscandothat.com

matrixreseller.com

there are many... weberz.com, matrixreseller.com etc.

Better post requests in Web Hosting Requests, where u can get responses from all the providers

Matrixreseller.com

Real nice!
    ... to BE or not to BE, is ONLY up to ME ...

Weberz.com ...

Support and Speed are Great

Originally posted by MAX POWER
    Have you considered why there are fewer Hosts offering Windows based plans? Well Windows is not FREE!. It is more likely to suffer the wrath of the odd hacker who dislikes Mr Gates and the system is know to falter with the drop of a pin. Any other questions?
    Isn't that a bit unfair? We've been hosting with NT and now Win2k for almost 3 years now and - fingers-crossed, touching-wood - we've never had any downtime yet due to software or hardware failures.

**edit** I should say we've never lost a client site, or had a client site go down, due to hardware or software failure. We've certainly lost a few harddrives in our time.

You may dislike Mr Gates, and I ain't too keen on the pricing and licensing policies myself, but IIS doesn't falter at the "drop of a pin".

Like I say, maybe we've been lucky, but what about all of the reports about "site down" on this forum? Aren't the majority of these sites, apart from those operated incompetent hosts and administrators (maybe they all are), *nix servers. Are you seriously trying to tell me that these other OS's or Web Servers don't crash or have security holes?

I'm not knocking *nix, or BSD, or any other OS, and I'm not really interested in getting into a debate about the relative merits/problems with different OS's or Web Servers. In fact, after watching this forum for a number of weeks now I am seriously considering some of the other OS's for the html sites that we have due to the enormous price differential and the reported stability of them, but I don't doubt there will be updates and patches that need to be applied to them too.

I'm not defending Microsoft, but I'm not knocking them either. Many, many clients request Windows servers, and since we develop for this platform it's our preferred web server, but please, a little bit less of the knee-jerk knocking of Windows as a viable web-serving platform. You can detest Microsoft and Bill Gates all you like, it's no concern of mine, but general and incorrect reports about the stability of this platform for web serving doesn't do anybody any favours.

Yes, Windows hosting does cost more. It might even require more management, but I don't know. If probably needs better hardware to run and you can't possibly compete with other OS's on price. Want to run a site with a DB server?

Windows:
    Purchase server
    Win2k Licence w/ 5CALS - 500 (will probably have to spend more)
    MS SQL Server - 3000 (Standard), 11000 (Enterprise)

Linux:
    Purchase server.
    OS - free (or a small charge)
    MySQL - Free

Chances are, too, that other OS's and web servers will deal with more sites (of the same kind) on the same hardware.

Saving - 3500 ($5000) before you even switch it on. That's a good enough reason to start with and we ARE considering this scenario for future servers, but some clients want Win2K, and more importantly, most of our clients that use DB's want MS SQL Server - at least they aren't asking for Oracle.

I've just scared myself into never purchasing another windows-based web server ever again
    Last edited by PJamie; 09-01-2002 at 11:25 AM.

Some days ago I posted an email to matrixreseller sales support and received no answer. I think it's a bad sign...

That's interesting orcic... they have been very prompt with me.

I am not sure if this will help but have you tried their forum. You might wanna do that - of course depending on your query.

But I guess you do have options so what ever rocks your boat, so to speak

But I have been happy with them.

Hope this helps.
    ... to BE or not to BE, is ONLY up to ME ...

Isn't that a bit unfair?

Please, I never meant my comment to be a critisism of any webhost that uses windows based servers, only that the majority use unix based (known reliabilty and stability) and also windows does suffer from the problems that I stated, to the lesser or greater degree. If I have offended any windows hosting supplier please accept my apology.
    COMPUTERS CAN DO THAT?
    http://www.computerscandothat.com

its ok MAX POWER, we understand... as sometime back i asked my linux provider (very famous for support, and used to compare other hosts in WHT) i got immediate reply to the support ticket : noooooooooooooooooo....! and yeah senior support person clarified that they dun have any plans for W2K but referred few nice providers

wel orcic.. it Support is ur first priority, take a look at weberz.com , don't look at the size of the co. etc