Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Apology for breaking a rule by accident...

Hi,
    I just wanted to apologize to simplicityWD. He posted an ad about his services, and then when someone mentioned in his thread that they needed some banner design/web design, I responded offering my services.

I guess I broke a rule...you can't advertise or offer your services in a thread unless you create the thread?

So, I'm sorry if I did any harm. Especially sorry to those who felt the need to flame me and growl at me, and call me a "little spammer"

I'm just trying to keep my business and dream alive...I don't want to be blacklisted or banned. I'm sorry!

Please accept my apology!

Apology ...

DECLINED..

Please contact your credit card issuer.

Originally posted by edude
    Apology ...

DECLINED..

Which is..

He didn't mean to be a spammer don't flame him. I'm 14 too, and well it takes a lot of respect that most adults don't have to apologize.

kids MEH

Originally posted by ultratorture
    He didn't mean to be a spammer don't flame him. I'm 14 too, and well it takes a lot of respect that most adults don't have to apologize.
    I'm not flaming..

I'm cooling

Apology ...

DECLINED..

How embarassing!
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

some people i tell ya as last i checked only one person was perfect and its not me ;-)
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

interactive relax kid

Don't apologize. Just call for a deathmatch (in Quake Arena of course).

I/We are noone to apologize to. It happens and it's good to see people regreting their actions

First 5 or six messages I posted on this forum got promptly deleted.

I posted, came back later to check responses.. damn thread gone! What the...!

Post again, came back later ...crap, thread gone again!!

Posted some responses in other threads, came back later, thread still there but MY POST GONE!

Then I receive an email from some chicken saying he removed my posts because of the fraudulant signature and if I continue I will be banned.

Bloodpressure rising, red spots starting to appear in front of my eyes.

FRAUDULENT SIGNATURE ??!?!?!?!?!?! Who the hell is this piece of chicken **** telling me my company is fraudulent?

Everything in my signature is true. I do provide hosting for $ .. per month and I DO give ... MB of diskspace and ..GB of datatransfer and all the extra's I have listed in my signature.

Moral of the story: you are not the first and you won't be the last

Pilgrim: you are not allowed to post rates of your services in your sig, per the rules.

Originally posted by timechange
    Pilgrim: you are not allowed to post rates of your services in your sig, per the rules.
    Thank you. That was in september 2001. I know by now

Originally posted by Pilgrim
    . . . . . . . . .

Moral of the story: you are not the first and you won't be the last
    I think we need a splash page of the rules that ends up with someone reading it to new members.
    Still, I have little sympathy for anyone that will not take the time to read the rules *before* posting in a new forum.

I'm glad someone caught on and regrets their actions. But, the situation is so easily avoided just using common sense.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Common sense? eh whats that?

It's your.... oh never mind...

Common sense? eh whats that?
    It's this ancient concept we no longer had a need for as soon as we realized we could screw up and sue everyone around us and get rich.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    Still, I have little sympathy for anyone that will not take the time to read the rules *before* posting in a new forum.
    Aye, but there is no reason to be rude to them as I often see happening with new users here.

They're new, they're unknowing and they made a mistake.

Take the time to tell them what they did wrong, why it is wrong and that it is frowned upon.

And yah, you should have some sympathie. Not everybody is a seazoned forums poster. For some it is a new environment. What on earth did I know about forums or rules before I came here? Rules? There be rules here?

crap

Personally, I wouldn't dare post my offer in a thread started by another host or service provider of any kind. It is 'his' thread, you can start your own if you like.
    If he apoligised (he did) and removed his words from the other thread, (did he?) I guess I would forgive him. But posting this thread, is kinda like advertisng too, ya know. He should have removed his sig from this thread, at least.

Here's what bugs me; newbies that come here and and offer some great deal, which we must need, because they haven't seen it posted anywhere.
    Think
    Why do you suppose haven't you seen this deal posted?
    With thousands of members do you really think we haven't seen that deal before?
    Could it be because it isn't allowed?
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

I agree, i mean its sad...

no matter how old he is..

sad..

poor business practices..

sad..

I agree with Pilgrim, let them know the first time, but if it is a repeat offender then NAIL THEM TO THE WALL! I like the ideal of a Scarlet letter thing where people who get a warning or break a rule get posted in a "sticky" thread or a new title/avatar is assigned to them for a certain amount of days.

Back in the days, when I was younger and lighter, playing Rugby whenever one of the flybacks dropped the ball during practice the coach would make them carry it around school. And with anyone else on the team it was fair game to smear them and get the ball back, in which case, if someone else besides the other person returned the ball to the coach the next day that person had to run laps, like 5 miles, in their jock strap and shoes only

It was a wonderment why no one sued... But I think public humiliation and awareness is a great way to make someone aware of the mistake they made.
    Sam C
    Blue Dog Hosting
    http://www.bluedoghosting.com
    "Your new best friend!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast