Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SteadFast Bad Service

Iv been with steadfast for almost 6 years,
    we have small vps account and 1 shared hosting account,
    our vps is working very very slowly, we cant log in to direct admin, we cant do anything, i contact support personally to check this issue , the response i received was

"
    We are aware of the problem with slow disk access this VPS server. We will be adding an additional VPS server and migrating some of the VPS containers to it shortly to address this issue. Under the resources we have immediately available, we are unable to get the problem corrected. Thanks, Ben Galliart Steadfast Networks Support http://steadfast.net
    "

WTF? unable to get the problem corrected? our clients that use our vps are going crazy, 1 client even threaten to leave us,
    i don't know that to do, i was thinking of sue them, what do you think? I'm very disappointed ..

Any other hosting companies you can recommend us?

Thank you

If it is going to take them a while to fix it just leave and go some where else. Specially if its causing issues with your clients.
    Tell your clients you are switching servers in order to fix the issue.

Thank you

Can you recomend me some vps providers with direct admin?

VPS is one server with virtual server looks and it has some limitations and once the resources are used by other VPS in same server then probs occurs and the only options as you recived is perfect and it makes sense..Though you use less resource other account in that server should have used more server mem nd usage that should be causing some trouble..The trouble could be at your end too ( Resource usage)..So the best option is to migrate to a better VPS server build that the host is recomending...you could get better servevice else..go for dedicated server that will not have any such probs...
    -----------------------------------
    Systems Er.

Nowadays VPS accounts are used up to maximum limit by clients and they host many apps..Like live chats IRC.Etc and other streaming sites that would use VPS resource to the limits causing troubles..so even if you go for other Host provider make sure that the hosting company does not sell VPS for live chats IRC nd video streaming that could affect you account inturn
    -----------------------------------
    Systems Er.

Quote Originally Posted by avivronen View Post
    unable to get the problem corrected? our clients that use our vps are going crazy, 1 client even threaten to leave us,
    i don't know that to do, i was thinking of sue them, what do you think? I'm very disappointed ..
    You're going to sue them? That's a joke, right?

Seriously... I think the e-mail response is meant to say that they are having problems with the node and are working on replacing the node and migrating the accounts to another server.

I dont see a problem with their response, it looks like they are handling it.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

You're going to sue them? That's a joke, right?

why do you think its a joke? if your hosting account will be unavailble for days what will you do?

why do you think its a joke? if your hosting account will be unavailble for days what will you do?
    I'd move.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by sirius View Post
    I'd move.

Sirius
    same here, move

Disk I/O is really the most commonly faced issue when it comes to VPS. In this case its obvious there just isnt enough IO grunt there for all of the VE's so the node is just thrashing. Or Swapping out of course if it's been oversold..

Have you asked for an ETA on the resolution of this? If this is the first real hiccup you have had in 6 years with them then it's not such a problem. Every host has issues at one point or another.
    Last edited by net; 07-28-2008 at 08:51 PM.

god help me

now they are saying that everithing is ok...
    still, no change, vps is down.

now they are saying that everithing is ok...
    still, no change, vps is down.
    Simple approach I would take.

1. Signup with a new host and get it all nice and ready.
    2. Wait for the current VPS to work as you require
    3. Migrate your data (or ask new host to)
    4. Cancel your current VPS
    5. Be happy

-Jay

Sue them? lol ok..that's a waste of time and money on both sides and really won't get you anywhere. Also, see how much they'll help you once you mention the word "sue" to them. Everything will have to go through their legal department from then on.

Simply move to a new provider if they don't fix the issue. The more time you endure their poor service the more clients and money you're going to lose. Simple as that.

You are absolutely receiving the CPU resources, memory resources, bandwidth, support, etc. that you have signed up for. Your service is not down/unavailable. To the best of my knowledge, there is no proper method for limiting disk IO in a VPS environment, and until there is a way to do that, disk IO will be a potential issue with VPS accounts and it has rarely been an issue on any of our VPS systems. The IO issues on the server you're on are relatively infrequent and only persist for short periods of time. Right now, there is no disk IO issue on that system, though I do see that your VPS is right against it's memory limits, which could be causing some of the slowness you're experiencing, though we are unable to reproduce any of the issues you're reporting and you have not provided the network information/traceroute we had requested. The pages you're saying are taking minutes to load are loading within just a couple seconds on my home Internet connection.

As was stated in the ticket, we are working on deploying some new VPS servers, and that should be available shortly after HostingCon, when we're back to standard staffing levels. At that time, we would be more than happy to move your account to one of the newly deployed systems. I do apologize for the slowness, but it basically just started over the weekend and we are working to get that resolved as soon as possible.
    Last edited by KarlZimmer; 07-29-2008 at 02:48 AM.
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

I did sent you tracert.

.. .

I am also with Steadfast and am regretting going with them. Their service was great at the beginning when I was trying them out and paying monthly. They seemed to fit what I needed and decided to get a year subscription. After they hooked me for the year however, it's been nothing but rude and uncooperative tech support and my VPS randomly going offline. Stay away from these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopuffs99 View Post
    I am also with Steadfast and am regretting going with them. Their service was great at the beginning when I was trying them out and paying monthly. They seemed to fit what I needed and decided to get a year subscription. After they hooked me for the year however, it's been nothing but rude and uncooperative tech support and my VPS randomly going offline. Stay away from these guys.
    Would you be able to provide examples of what you find unsatisfactory to back your claim/opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by cocopuffs99 View Post
    What are your ticket numbers in which our staff has been rude and uncooperative, I will certainly look into that immediately, but with no examples, etc. I can't really comment dirrectly regarding your situation. I can assure you though that if our staff handled an issue incorrectly that corrective action will be taken immediately.

Also, how ere you "hooked" for a year? Even with our one year prepay plans you can cancel at any time and get refunded for unused time, though no longer at the discounted rate you'd get for an annual prepay.

Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Salter View Post
    Would you be able to provide examples of what you find unsatisfactory to back your claim/opinion?
    Well, my VPS was down for some time today. It went down for no reason earlier last month. It also went down in May. The tech support guys are just rude and do not care about your problems.

It is down today because of schedule maintenance for an important kernel upgrade, as we had announced and as our staff informed you in your ticket.

Last month it was down because of the outage, as I mentioned. For the May outage do you mean early June, because that is when we did our last Virtuozzo/kernel upgrade, in early June. I guess you're right, monthly outages, if you want to count security related kernel upgrades as outages. I am not seeing any tickets from you, regarding the server being down anytime in May, though as I said, I would certainly like to see the examples of rude service, as I have not seen any when I reviewed your previous 6 tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlZimmer View Post
    It is down today because of schedule maintenance for an important kernel upgrade, as we had announced and as our staff informed you in your ticket.

Last month it was down because of the outage, as I mentioned. For the May outage do you mean early June, because that is when we did our last Virtuozzo/kernel upgrade, in early June. I guess you're right, monthly outages, if you want to count security related kernel upgrades as outages. I am not seeing any tickets from you, regarding the server being down anytime in May, though as I said, I would certainly like to see the examples of rude service, as I have not seen any when I reviewed your previous 6 tickets.
    Do you record your tech support calls? That's where I've experienced rude service. I called your support during the outage last month and was yelled at for bothering them.
    My VPS is actually still down right now. It's been down for more than an hour.

No, we do not record all calls. If you were calling during a major incident/outage though I can imagine a staff member may have been a bit short if you were being persistent, etc. as there is only so much time that can be dedicated to each customer in such incidents, as there are many customers to deal with and the issue itself also needs to be resolved. It can certainly be a very stressful situation, though that is no excuse to yell at a customer, and if that did happen, I certainly do apologize, though I also hope you could forgive a single incident in a stressful situation and not make the blanket statement that our support, as a whole, is rude and inconsiderate.

Also, yes, with the upgrades, the entire VPS server needs to be rebooted. That means every VPS needs to be safely shutdown, and then they need to be brought back up. This process can take a good amount of time for each VPS, and if you're one of the lucky ones to be shutdown near the beginning and turned up again near the end you could certainly expect about an hour of downtime. That is why these maintenance windows are announced in advance, with a listing on our announcements page, emails sent to those who subscribe to the announcements, and a listing on our front page as well as our forum. These upgrades are necessary to maintain the security and stability of our VPS services, but to minimize the effects we work to schedule them at times such as this, very early Sunday morning, when they should have the least affect on customer operations.

wondered when I saw your Review cocopuffs99 , The well designed data center of Steadfast Networks is working to offer data security and reliability .

and if your site has been down coz Karl was upgrading the software to save you site .

I don't believe this is Happening to you , coz steadFast is very professional , Last week my forum was down for 30 Mins only they were doing some changes but my forum now is better Than before and Faster .

Please check the Vps Review here : http://www.vpshostreviews.com/steadf...ks/reviews/113 and we'll see the Real steadfast.

if you are Having some problems cocopuffs99 with your VPS so you are not the best person to have it , shared will be easier for you.

Thanks

I know that I am not an expert of VPS systems, that's why I opted for a managed one so I thought I would have help.

I don't really feel like listing all my experiences with the tech support, but as another example, I called today to ask about why my VPS is down. The response I got basically implied I was stupid to not have known about the scheduled maintenance.

BTW, my VPS is still down 2+ hrs and counting.

The explanation for the prolonged nature of your downtime as apposed to other customers has already been stated in the ticket and is still a part of the scheduled maintenance.

Please tell me, how was it implied you were stupid? From talking with the tech, it seems you were told, 3-4 different times, that it was scheduled maintenance, that announcements are sent, and that we cannot predict how frequently such kernel updates will be released, etc. if you got the feeling that you were being called stupid I would have to say that it then appears there had simply been some form of miscommunication, as I have verified the contents of the call with another staffer who was on-site at the time. I do apolgozie though if that is the tone/attitude you feel you were given.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast