IndHosts.Net -- What could be the problem?

Hello friends,

I'm trying to make my site www.indhosts.net sell well since quite some time, but am not able to be successful yet. I have reviewed the prices, changed the design, put detailed faqs page, used navigation-friendly scripts, placed on google adwords, posted on webhosting offers at WHT....there're quite a few people visiting my website through the links....but the problem is, I am not receiving orders. Not only that, I do not receive even enquiries!

There must be some problems in the site, which I am overlooking.

Can anybody (any guru?) please suggest some changes or point out some reasons?

Thanks in advance...

EssEss
    IndNet.Net - Since 1998

I don't like the scrolling nav bar.
    More annoying is the diskspace bar that ends up over top of things I'm trying to read.
    By the time I get to how much the plans cost, I don't have much of an idea what they are.
    I'd lose the separation you have between features.

just my impression
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

The static nav bar is really annoying, and though I see what you were trying to do by moving the plans header with the nav bar, it just doesnt work out too well. I say fix the menu in its place along with the plans header, most people won't mind scrolling. Otherwise, I like your design and layout a lot.

I like the separation between features, it keeps the site from looking like one long boring table.

Oh, and if you could make those words on top of the screen be links (Hosting, Reselling, Designing) that would be helpful as I thought they were buttons at first

Just trying to be constructive

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    I don't like the scrolling nav bar.
    More annoying is the diskspace bar that ends up over top of things I'm trying to read.
    By the time I get to how much the plans cost, I don't have much of an idea what they are.
    I'd lose the separation you have between features.

just my impression

Agreed, anoys me + Use a table menu, it would look much nicer.
    Western Man

Your work looks nice. The header looks big. Clean site.

Your headers are nice, BUT--

The very first problem that immediately struck me was that your index page looked like a "side page." It literally looks like I accidentally stumbled onto a page past the index. As a result, I get no "first impression" when I go onto your page. I just see gobs and gobs of text.

You definitely need a good index page with a splash image that first introduces what you are about and then links to all of these plans you've listed on your index. I wouldn't even have those tables on your index; I'd have them on a different page.

And, yes-- the floating menu makes me want to !!

Hum

That Scroll bar is VERY Annoying, Otherwise good site. When I got comments on my site they told me to keep it simple :-) So Keep it simple
    Max
    Web Hosting Talk Community Guide

Thanks guyz.....

Hello,

Thank you guyz for your important inputs...

All of you complained about the scrolling table-top....so, I have removed it. I've made a light-colored table-row on the top of each section. Thanks for your help.

mina_babe : I had heard that visitors don't have time to waste on finding out links. so, give them what they want on the first stage itself. that's why, i've copied hosting.html to the index.html, as most of my visitors are looking for web hosting... any comments?

Haley : Yeah, the header looks little big than average. I've made it so, because, I expect, quite a few visitors (like I am) should be using 1024x768 screen resolution. You'll argue that most visitors use 800x600...but maybe, they don't know how to increase it. I find no reason why not to make the resolution that high...you get so much in the same space! Now, if a site is designed for 640x480 and viewed in 1024......see the results. I've put a comment at the bottom of every page that "best viewed on IE...at 1024x768.... However, thanks for your comments. I really appreciate. (who uses 640x480 today?)

bobosama : I've image-mapped the top-left "hosting reselling designing", so that they actually work like a link. Thanks for your advice.

Thanks to you all....

Now, I have done all that you suggested. Or, made the site viewable to you, so that you can dig inside and find out the reasons, why i'm not selling well.

Are the prices okay?

Are the features okay?

Have you read the FAQs page?

Any other reason that maybe affecting my sales?

Please advise....

Thanks in advance...

EssEss
    IndNet.Net - Since 1998

Overall, a nice look to the site. A few points:

1. I thought you said you removed the floating aspect of your left nav bar. It's still there...still annoying.

2. Where are your Terms Of Service? I do not see a link.

3. Do you have a Privacy Statement? I do not see a link.

4. On your contact page, you should put a phone number and an address. I know alot of hosts don't do that, but I think it's really important. It increases the visitor's confidence level when thinking of doing business with you.

5. A small point - on your design page, you say all pages you build are guaranteed to load "in 20 seconds or less". That would probably have more significance if you stated the type of connection you base that on.

6. I would tend to agree with mina-babe. I understand that you want to show your prices straight away to your visitors. But in doing so, you're not "selling" yourself to the visitor. I would have a home page that gives the visitor a few reasons to deal with you over another company...reasons other than just price. At the same time, put a few prices on the home page for your various plans, but just as a teaser to entice the visitor to go deeper into your site.

You're saying you're not satisfied with the # of orders the site is generating. Is it a conversion problem or a traffic problem? Have you tried calculating your conversion rate? If so, what is it?

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Ess Ess:

I don't understand what you mean by visitors not having patience to find out links. You can still have links on the index page; just first have an index page that introduces them to your site. That's what index pages do-- they go, "Hi! I'm a so-and-so! Welcome! Here's an overview/ quick summary of what we are. Enticed? Click here to learn more." Index pages are almost sort of like a full page ad enticing visitors to enter your site. Right now, yeah, I see the plans and such, but because it's your index page and looks like a regular page, I'm left with no visual first impression of your site. I just see a regular page with a bunch of tables on it. As a result, my first impulse is to pass on it. If your index page isn't enticing, no one will buy from your site, no matter how attractive your plans or prices are.

Hi...

Thanks for your further inputs.....

I'm working on 'vito's advises.....it'll be up by tomorrow.....

On " mina_babe" : my links to the adwords (google) are in hosting....(which is same as index, if bychance one tries to look for the home page. there's no way one can go to the index page from inside.). google suggests that, the visitor looks for the actual page she is looking for....Any further suggestions?

Regards

EssEss
    IndNet.Net - Since 1998

Huh??? You've totally lost me.

I think clients get the impression that your desperate for clients. You list your prices. Thats great. But what is it that makes them want to go with you?

Tell about your company

Your prices are basically a loss for you either way you look at it, charge enough to supply support.. allow monthly fees on any plan.. $1.00 a month is too low and probably scares people away, I would never sign up for $1.00 a month..

there's no way one can go to the index page from inside
    Have you thought to make a way to get back to the index? Perhaps link it with your logo in your header? That would annoy me to get deeper in and find no way back to the beginning other than the back button.

I would have to say that I probably would not purchase hosting from you just based on your site.

I would have to say that I probably would not purchase hosting from you just based on your site.
    Well, that's not new to me. But, can you please explain, why wouldn't you purchase?

EssEss
    IndNet.Net - Since 1998

Well, that's not new to me. But, can you please explain, why wouldn't you purchase?

EssEss
    He just did. It's your design.

Hi again...

I'm redesigning the site based on your comments. I've attached the 100% screen shot of the new design here. Kindly have a look and comment.

(with a special request to mina_babe, HostQAMan and vito)

Thanks in advance...

EssEss
    IndNet.Net - Since 1998

oops!!

Can't see the attachment here!!

Please have a look at : http://www.indhosts.net/screenshot.html

Thanks.
    IndNet.Net - Since 1998

Much better!!

Now I look at this index page and go, "Hmmm.... looks really enticing! Lemme click here for more details!"

Thanks...mina_babe....

EssEss
    IndNet.Net - Since 1998

That is 100000000000000000x better than the old one.. work with that and I think you will see things soon start to change for the better..

oooooooo.......i'm excited!!!!!!!!

Working on it...should be ready by today or tomorrow....

Thanks a lot OKI...

EssEss
    IndNet.Net - Since 1998