Thread: resellers?

resellers?

how much profit do you resellers make? im thinking of becoming a reseller myself...

$0.00 - $10,000+

It really depends on your prices, amount of customers, amount of accounts, etc. It just all depends

to be more specific, around how much profit do you people make a month?

Hero, it really depends on how much you learn before hand.

When I started, I started as a designer offering hosting in combination to the design services I offered.

It made it easy to gain hosting customers as local design customers needed hosting as well, and it was an obvious choice to them.

Over time I've used vendors from WHT, as well as old contacts and have grown to having my own servers, and contract employees.

Learn all you can about running a business, protecting your investment, and growing at a safe rate.

Reselling isn't a game, people pay what they consider a large amount of money for services from you and you must support them while taking their money.

There lies the main thing you should consider, how are you going to support your customers.

Time, time, time never enough time in the day.. etc.

The profit you gain from it should be looked at more from a business venture, than a side money making part time job, it just isn't that.

Now if you find a vendor that will support your customers, that's another story but all of this works into your bottom line and you must consider it.

Profit, depends on if you are a reseller of bandwidth, rackspace, servers, or just a small amount of space per customers in a shared environment, what you ask is a very general question, try to focus it.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

thanks for the reply sam

You're welcome.

I know it looks easy, but first define what it is, and how you are going to resell.

This could take as much as a month or more if you are just starting to consider this.

Then take the time to research deeper about your chosen venture, and go from there.

THere really is an infinite amount of ways to go about this, but only a few work over time, and all that work relate to consistently supporting and communicating with your customers well.
    dotGig

Right on the dot Samuel.

Thanks for sharing it.
    ... to BE or not to BE, is ONLY up to ME ...

Good luck =)
    dotGig

Re: resellers?

Originally posted by hero12384
    how much profit do you resellers make? im thinking of becoming a reseller myself...
    Profit depends on margins and revenues. Revenues depend on how effective you are at attracting and maintaining your clients. You should start with a reseller account and your business website + helpdesk on another reseller account. Make sure that a tracert doesn't give away your supplier.

Focus on acquiring clients in your town. Forget about the global market. If you focus on your own back yard, you can charge much more and have higher profit margins than the hosts offering everything for $3.95/mth using overloaded cheap servers.

Also promote to your friends and family, then to your associate's circle. Maybe some local letterbox drops, ads in the local newspaper. You could call your hosting business after your home town. So if you lived in Oakey, you'd call your business "OakeyHost.com". This way you have local loyalty - "support the local host at OakeyHost.com"...stuff like that.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

If you wish to become what your name suggests, you will need to brave that cold hard reality of reselling. You will find that after the initual wetting of feet and the scaling of the enemies hilltop that beyond this the realization of profit will be all too clear.
    COMPUTERS CAN DO THAT?
    http://www.computerscandothat.com

When reselling an account how can you divide your space? I mean your hosting package. For ex. how many sites can be hosted in 1000 Megs. Profit is depending on that, isn't it?

When reselling an account how can you divide your space? I mean your hosting package. For ex. how many sites can be hosted in 1000 Megs. Profit is depending on that, isn't it?
    Yes my dear Sir, profit is determined by the space/bandwidth/customer/price, ratio. If you were to purchase a reseller plan for $20per month (1GB) and had 10@100mb accounts under that @ $10per month, all things being fine tuned you would expect to make a profit. Of course there may be other variables thrown in to upset the proverbial "applecart". Also, if by chance your hosting provider ALLOWS you to "oversell" your space/bandwidth then another world of profit options are open to you.
    COMPUTERS CAN DO THAT?
    http://www.computerscandothat.com