Questions about RS...

1) Anybody know the model number for the Compaq 1.7ghz servers? Looked all over their website but the only 1Us i saw were 1.4ghz.

2) I know RS started charging their biggest bandwidth users for overage a month or two ago, but what's the status on that now? If i go 10 gigs over am I charged 20 dollars for that (It IS 2 dollars per gig overage right? Can't seem to find it listed anymore since the redesign.) or would I only be charged if I went crazy with the usage and hit 100+ over? I know officially I would be charged for the 10 over at anytime according to the contract but I know RS was rather lenient on this matter before.

Dont rely on someone to tell you that they will let small overages slide. Dont listen if 10 people come in here and tell you how RS doesnt care if you go over. RS may get tired of letting people go and may decide to enforce it the month you sign up and than you will be back saying "but you said they didnt enforce the bandwidth rule".

"RS may get tired of letting people go and may decide to enforce it the month you sign up and than you will be back saying "but you said they didnt enforce the bandwidth rule"."

I'm completely aware of that, as I stated with "I know officially I would be charged for the 10 over at anytime according to the contract..." I'm just curious as to what their "unofficial" policies are now. Thanks for the word of caution though.

I don't know if this is too simple of an answer how about asking rackshack directly with your questions. Either that or maybe their folks in the forums can tell you more about the server model.

Just curious what does the model have to do with your decision to buy or not?
    Gagsplus - http://www.gagsplus.com
    Best of Humor www.bestofhumor.com

It doesn't...I just want to know =).

I have posted on RS as well but considering they have like 5 active users while theres 150 on here...

they enforce the overuse of bandwidth on everybody now. I supposedly used 460GB last month and was charged for 60GB

jt
    http://myrmid.com
    Affordable hosting for people who need lots of space and bandwidth. Personal plans available as well.

This is just my $0.02, but I'd think the reason they've been so forgiving in the past is because their tracking system has been faulty (Just a guess). There's been long standing issues with RS and their bandwidth and just recently they implemented a new system of tracking that went totally nuts on them too. I could be wrong, but if I am, I would imagine I'm at least in the right neighborhood.

Cheers,
    Greg

I believe they are 1U servers as are the DL320's they sell.. Mouse
    Frank Spaulding COO Purity Networks