Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are you happy with your life??

I was sitting out on the deck having a cup of tea and some choice home made choc chip cookies with Mrs Aussie Bob after we'd tucked the kids into bed. I said to my wife, "I feel so happy and content, everything seems to be going according to plan". Business is good, the kids are all healthy, we're healthy...

Previously that evening, I was playing snakes and ladders with my 2 daughters. I started thinking how life is like that game - you're going well and then you hit the snake and you go back down the board. Or you're not doing so well and then you hit a ladder and it takes you up higher.

Life is certianly interesting to say the least.
    • WLVPN.com • NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider •
    • Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up •

Once upon a time, I had a life.....

(to be continued...)

I'm pretty happy with mine.

I like what I do for work, school is easy, fairly healthy. And, I've got a wonderful girl friend.

This is a great topic.

I received a hospital bill recently for nearly $160,000. My portion of the bill was $109. That brought a smile to my face and made me one helluva happy guy to have been prepared for once. If I lived another 60 years paying my monthly insurance premiums non-stop, I still wouldn't pay out the amount of money they paid to keep my little boy alive and healthy for his stay in the hospital (2 months and 2 days) after he was born 11 weeks premature. Then he came home, healthy.

It just doesn't get any better.
    <!-- boo! -->

I often find myself 'remembering when' and every time I do I can't help but to smile about today.

Bringing my three children out of an abusive relationship... we ran away with three garbage bags, a plane ticket, and one beat up Packard Bell...

Today, I can enjoy watching those same scared children from long ago swimming and playing in the pool within the safety of a 'new family' environment. I love my job, I love my husband, and I love my children. The bills are paid and life remains interesting even with the many trials that are thrown our way.

I'd have to say I am quite happy.

Scott, congrats on being able to bring the lil'tike home -- bills or no bills
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

Originally posted by Deb
    I often find myself 'remembering when' and every time I do I can't help but to smile about today.

Bringing my three children out of an abusive relationship... we ran away with three garbage bags, a plane ticket, and one beat up Packard Bell...

Today, I can enjoy watching those same scared children from long ago swimming and playing in the pool within the safety of a 'new family' environment. I love my job, I love my husband, and I love my children. The bills are paid and life remains interesting even with the many trials that are thrown our way.

I'd have to say I am quite happy.
    Good for you Deb that you've fought back to your current position and life is good for you now. Looks like you deserve it. My hat goes off to you.

WOW what a good post.

Yes right now I am very happy, 4 years ago my life was hell and I was ready to shove it all. Long story short, wife of 25 years decided another man was better suited to her than I was, divorce loss of everything I had built my entire life towards.

Fast foreward 1 year I meet a beautiful woman who is in my opinion my perfect soul mate, fast forward 2 more years and I marry her and move 12,000 miles to start a new life. Fast foreward to today New baby boy, business is building back up, life is good.

Snakes and Ladders is a good analogy.

One I have always used is, life is kinda like you are strapped to a big wheel, the wheel turns slowly sometimes you are on top sometimes you are on bottom but most of the time you are in between.
    I take solace when I am on bottom knowing the the wheel will turn and and I will return to the top, when I am on top I have vowed to embrace every second of it knowing that the bottom will come again someday.

Originally posted by Deb
    Ok, I'm missing something here...

If there were four of you, how did a single plane ticket help?
    Dr. Colin Percival, FreeBSD Security Officer
    Online backups for the truly paranoid: http://www.tarsnap.com/

I need a life bad. Had one aloooooong time ago.

Oh well one day
    For a great new forum please click on my weblink.
    ALLWAYS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS
    VISIT ME AT
    http://www.jmdsforum.com

Originally posted by cperciva

Ok, I'm missing something here...

If there were four of you, how did a single plane ticket help?

I am not sure, but I think children under a certain age fly free?
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    http://www.critticage.com
    Play in your spare time!

Originally posted by CritticAge

I am not sure, but I think children under a certain age fly free?
    The rest flew cargo
    For a great new forum please click on my weblink.
    ALLWAYS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS
    VISIT ME AT
    http://www.jmdsforum.com

Im happy with my life
    www.rackfive.com
    Aquired by Data Provider LLC.

There is always time for a change

Life is well here, however my life is just starting(I am 24 ).

I worked hard for years, and its paying off. My car is payed for, apartment is pre-payed for a year, credit cards are payed off. And I have good credit!WOW

I have a job that pays well, and which also leaves me alot of free time on my hands. Well enough time, to have a online job, where I can be in an enviorment to learn more.

I am engaged to my highschool sweetheart of 7 years.

I have a place to live, money to spend, everything is going good here

I am just looking forward to the future.

Great post Aussie Bob! I am very happy and lucky to have what I do. I just said that to my better half about a week ago. I used to feel down when sign-ups were low or customers canceled for a cheaper host. Then I realized hey stop feeling sorry for yourself and look at what you do have. I'm healthy, have a roof over my head, have a job, and a wonderful marriage. There's highs, lows and something in the middle but isn't that what living is all about. Right now life couldn't be better and I am enjoying every minute of it
    Cyber Wurx - Atlanta Co-location Provider
    Serving businesses since 1997
    Atlanta Data centers owned and operated with 24/7ONSITE Support
    http://www.cyberwurx.com or sales@cyberwurx.com

Re: Are you happy with your life??

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    I was sitting out on the deck having a cup of tea and some choice home made choc chip cookies with Mrs Aussie Bob after we'd tucked the kids into bed. I said to my wife, "I feel so happy and content, everything seems to be going according to plan". Business is good, the kids are all healthy, we're healthy...

Previously that evening, I was playing snakes and ladders with my 2 daughters. I started thinking how life is like that game - you're going well and then you hit the snake and you go back down the board. Or you're not doing so well and then you hit a ladder and it takes you up higher.

Life is certianly interesting to say the least.
    I'll let you know tomorrow when I find out whether or not my fiancι got a job paying 3+ times what he makes right now He's got a high chance and I'm going to jump up and down if he gets it, we're in a rut because he makes JUST enough to live, so there usually isn't much left over. Money isn't everything but life is difficult and depressing when you haven't enough of it.

Originally posted by Mr.G
    Great post Aussie Bob! I am very happy and lucky to have what I do. I just said that to my better half about a week ago. I used to feel down when sign-ups were low or customers canceled for a cheaper host. Then I realized hey stop feeling sorry for yourself and look at what you do have. I'm healthy, have a roof over my head, have a job, and a wonderful marriage. There's highs, lows and something in the middle but isn't that what living is all about. Right now life couldn't be better and I am enjoying every minute of it

Goodonya Bob for this thread.

Life's great here. Business is booming, my girlfriend and I are happy in our new house running the business, things couldn't be better.

Went to the MCG today to watch my beloved Magpies play the Doggies. I was sitting there in the stands basking in the sunshine and thinking exactly the same thing, life's great!
    Web Hosting since 1999

No i am not happy with my life yet..

Because bra's are not banned yet.

Originally posted by webarama
    [B]Goodonya Bob for this thread.
    Noworriesatallmate
    Life's great here. Business is booming, my girlfriend and I are happy in our new house running the business, things couldn't be better.
    Just checked out your site Looks good. Good to see the Aussies getting into the action.
    Went to the MCG today to watch my beloved Magpies play the Doggies. I was sitting there in the stands basking in the sunshine and thinking exactly the same thing, life's great!
    I don't understand this concept of getting away from the office thing....

Hmm, interesting, I have only noticed people with good lives have posted in this thread, im sure that cant be the case that everyone on the forums is happy, but im pretty sure people with good lives want to share their experiences and happiness.

I for one am looking back at how my life has been, not always as id like it to be but its ok, I have a house, a nice car and a good job and im 22 (23 in december). Thus far im in good health, only a few worries but small sorries at that.

The main one I think is having a good family, be it your own or an extended family of parents, aunts and uncles, etc...

The one thing I feel is probably missing in my life is a good relationship and maybe a family, but I have always put that off for fear of loosing my freedom to do what I want when I want to do it.

Maybe I will settle down soon and see who is out there.

Well, thats enough of me for now, I wish everyone here good fortune and good health.
    www.microsolder.uk - Microsoldering Services in the UK™

I can say so far so good for me. :-) I'm 19 the oldest of 3 siblings, have a well paying homebased job that i absolutely love. I still live with my family (hey its cheap livin) And i couldn't think of a better place to be in my life at this point. I'm going to college, and i already know exactly where i'm going to be 10, 20, 30 years from now. I am poor (hey I'm a student what'd you expect) as is my family, but somehow everything always seems to work out for the better. ("Pennies from heaven" as we call it).
    I can truely say i'm the richest man alive (who doesn't). Success is measured by your journey, not your destination, and the journey has been one hell of a ride! A toast to all people who post on this thread and special recognition to Aussie Bob for this excellent thread! This is one of a million on WHT!

Cheers
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

Life is facinating, alright!
    Bannaz™ | Amazing Banner Ad Designer!
    Need banners? Visit our Website
    New Facebook Banner Ads! Bannaz.com/facebook

hehe life has been good for you everywhere except on these forums, i make it too hard for you

Sorry dude

Originally posted by xtstrike
    Hmm, interesting, I have only noticed people with good lives have posted in this thread, im sure that cant be the case that everyone on the forums is happy, but im pretty sure people with good lives want to share their experiences and happiness.

I for one am looking back at how my life has been, not always as id like it to be but its ok, I have a house, a nice car and a good job and im 22 (23 in december). Thus far im in good health, only a few worries but small sorries at that.

The main one I think is having a good family, be it your own or an extended family of parents, aunts and uncles, etc...

The one thing I feel is probably missing in my life is a good relationship and maybe a family, but I have always put that off for fear of loosing my freedom to do what I want when I want to do it.

Maybe I will settle down soon and see who is out there.

Well, thats enough of me for now, I wish everyone here good fortune and good health.

Yea xtstrike, most of the happy people here have a gf/wf and are happy... I don't have one

Life's so easy its boring.....

Douglas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast