Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs down Headsurfer can't you teach your abuse department some acknowledge?

Thanks to your new TOS/AUP, every client violate the second time of spamming activity will get their account cancelled!

I checked and our ip was never listed in all spam blockers, spam blockers has the most accurate information about spamming, how can your abuse department cancel a server because of a complain letter without actually get listed in spam blockers??

Can someone copy a spam email or write a spam email themselves and change the IP of sending server, send to abuse department then they cancel the server because of that email??

and thanks for your staffs in data center, to have my server immediately formatted for resold after cancellation! I found the old harddisk got formatted after adding to new server!

You killed my business man! you don't understand I prepared Hostpacket for almost a year, get rip of advertising market and start hosting business, now you evilly kill it because of two letters
    Last edited by dk2002; 08-30-2002 at 06:01 PM.

Man that is not good.. That should how you a copy at least..

Sorry to hear that

Kevin,

how about answering emails from your customers instead of posting on WHT?

Wow, that sucks. I've been hearing many good, but also some horror stories about RackShack lately. I've just made up my mind not to use RackShack (sorry Robert), but it doesn't seem like your company really cares anymore.

- Matt

Wow

Sorry to hear...
    Signature.

Re: Headsurfer can't you tech your abuse department some acknowledge?

Originally posted by dk2002

You killed my business man! you don't understand I prepared Hostpacket for almost a year, get rip of advertising market and start hosting business, now you evilly kill it because of two letters
    The first thing you should do is salvage what you have left of your customers. You should contact them or at least respond to their thread. I know your server went down, but did your inet connection go down as well? I know you visit WHT often, and I would've at least responded to the other thread. If they were managing your servers there was really nothing you could've done on your end.

If you have a successful business you must have a strong contingency plan. Either a redudant server, offsite differential backup, etc... It looks as if you did not have that, but if you are going to do business it is something you may want to think about so you don't get hit with what you did now.

btw what does "get rip of advertising market" mean? You got a lot of advertising? But I hope you guys can resolve this, or you move on it looks as if you have many loyal customers who just wanted an "explanation" but did not even get that.
    Sam C
    Blue Dog Hosting
    http://www.bluedoghosting.com
    "Your new best friend!"

I'd like to hear what RackShack has to say about it before I draw any opinion.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Yeah, I saw the word letter being used in the other thread...

So if the two spam complaints were actual letters and not emails, then I'd investigate the server....

Originally posted by The Prohacker
    Yeah, I saw the word letter being used in the other thread...

So if the two spam complaints were actual letters and not emails, then I'd investigate the server....
    *Off topic* Nice sig Prohacker do you know if anyone has called him? Or were that stands or is that in another thread?
    Sam C
    Blue Dog Hosting
    "Your new best friend!"

Kevin,

I would refund customers that want to leave and give one month of free hosting to those that want to stay.
    And please, answer your emails or it looks like you have disappeared and people will start legal action!

whens it going to be fixed?

i cant do anything at the moment

Thing with rackshack is they count spam as when someone sends an email not via your server nothing to do with your server but it has an address of a site on your server somewhere on it.

I had 2 case's of it with 9cy.com free hosting before it was moved. They realy don't know how to deal with it. Most isp's I have seen will be happy as long as your prompt in removing the site.... .

Still I can see there side of this they don't want any uplinks cut because of spam. I think there methods are a little over kill but I guess thats why there cheap.

Yes RS does give new meaning to *ZERO TOLERANCE* or is it the right meaning LOL
    Sam C
    Blue Dog Hosting
    "Your new best friend!"

I am also sorry to hear about this for you. I don't think even Burst would've done what Rackshack did to you. It doesn't sound right or fair to me.

It's easy for others to blame you and say you should've had backups, but most resellers cannot afford a second back-up account, and don't have the space on their computers to download all of their reseller accts.

What's really bad is that you can't even get you and your customer's files to move them to another host. They should've at least given you an opportunity to download your files before formatting the hard disk. Most hosts even give crackers that opportunity, and you don't sound like one of them.
    Last edited by chrisb; 08-30-2002 at 06:53 PM.

For what it's worth...
    I am a current hostpacket customer.
    Apparantlly I'm not on the server/servers
    affected since I can get to my site without a problem. I haven't need tech
    support as of yet, but have noticed that the help desk program is sure taking a long time to get on line. I'm sure you've been busy elsewhere. But as an ex-cyberwinger, lack of reliable and truthful info about what is going on is sure making me wonder if I've strayed into yet another poor host. Problems I can understand, but have no choice but think the worst when no info is passed on. Otherwise I've been quite happy with hostpacket.
    Hang in there.

Re: Headsurfer can't you teach your abuse department some acknowledge?

You killed my business man! you don't understand I prepared Hostpacket for almost a year, get rip of advertising market and start hosting business
    For be honest i really sorry read that, maybe other hosts will be happy to see how others have problems, but i dont
    www.rackfive.com
    Aquired by Data Provider LLC.

Really? Rackshack killed your business?

Three questions for you: Who was the spamming customer, why weren't they stopped, and where were your backups?

-Bob

Originally posted by chrisb
    It's easy for others to blame you and say you should've had backups, but most resellers cannot afford a second back-up account, and don't have the space on their computers to download all of their reseller accts.
    If they can't do it, they shouldn't advertise it.

-Bob

Thanks to your new TOS/AUP, every client violate the second

No mate, you killed all your customers business.

Apparently RS sent alerts you didn't respond.
    Cryptonomicon
    --------------------

Originally posted by TMX
    Hmm - smallest quote ever - sorry just had to do it - i take it he meant "period"?.

Isn't this just one of the main reasons not to host with a reseller? Oops sorry - controversial comment. Just goes to show IMHO that if you host with a reseller you have so much less control over your data / hosting if even the guy you are buying your disk space from doesn't really own / control that space. But hey - surely a decent host wouldn't just delete all of a clients data without at least contacting all accounts and warning them? Surely not!
    ••• Mark Castle •••
    ••• www.captivereality.com •••
    ••• domainlabs.uk •••
    My views are my own and not those of my company.

Re: Re: Headsurfer can't you teach your abuse department some acknowledge?

Originally posted by Crypto

No mate, you killed all your customers business.

Apparently RS sent alerts you didn't respond.
    Sorry mate - but a decent business does not just delete everything if they do not get a response - they contain the situation and try their darndest to get hold of the person - even if that means sending snail mail or whatever.
    ••• Mark Castle •••
    ••• www.captivereality.com •••
    ••• domainlabs.uk •••
    My views are my own and not those of my company.

I would love to hear what RS has to say about this and get there side of the story.. All my servers are with RS and it kind of scares me that they would pull it like that out of nowhere without even giving you a chance to delete the site.. Personally I think they should themselves delete the site off the server without even notifying the owner (or atleast freeze the account) because yes spammers can do ALOT of damage in nearly no time at all.. Anyways I will sit and wait for the whole story.. sorry to hear about your misfortune..

Does anyone have a copy of the agreement signed upon establishing service? That would be the first place to begin when the question of right or wrong actions has been brought up?

What does the signed agreement state?

I know we've spent a pretty penny for our own attorney to have contracts revised with our upstream providers to prevent such actions. I ticks me off each time I see clauses that allow for actions similar to what has been described in this thread and signing something like that is out of the question... If they want the sale they must make adjustments. Since I have seen clauses like this, I just have to wonder if similar clauses aren't within the RS contracts as well.

Stories such as this one should serve as a reminder to others to review their contracts so they are sure they understand who is responsible for what actions and in what manner those responsibilities will be satisfied. It's also a good time to ensure your own AUPs match up with the ones you sign ...
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast