I promise i wont ask again

Ok, i really need to find out if visa electron works with paypal. I contacted paypal but they have no idea, also i notice hostcharge accept it so it should work with paypal..?

Thanks

Try it and See
    Adam Heavens
    Server Centre Limited (www.servercentre.net)
    Exchange 2007 Hosting, Windows/Linux Hosting

Don't want to apply for the card unless it works with paypal

Signup with Natwest instead, and get a solo card, which does work with Paypal
    Adam Heavens

A quick search on google gives me two similar results saying something along the lines of "Most internet web services won't accept Visa Electron, you should use Visa Virtual for shopping online and Visa Electron for local shopping and cashpoints."

Can you get Visa Virtual?

Originally posted by isolsdotnet
    Signup with Natwest instead, and get a solo card, which does work with Paypal
    Really!?

Yes, I am sure a customer of mine used a solo card with paypal. Could be wrong though. Can anybody verify? I might be confusing it with nochex.com
    Adam Heavens

Originally posted by I3 Optic
    A quick search on google gives me two similar results saying something along the lines of "Most internet web services won't accept Visa Electron, you should use Visa Virtual for shopping online and Visa Electron for local shopping and cashpoints."

Can you get Visa Virtual?
    hmm hostcharge works with it

Originally posted by isolsdotnet
    Yes, I am sure a customer of mine used a solo card with paypal. Could be wrong though. Can anybody verify? I might be confusing it with nochex.com
    Yea your confusing it with nochex

19,421 registered members and no one knows?

Visa electron is only for face-to-face merchant transactions. Had to learn it through a failed online transaction back 2 year ago

Visa Electron is the card you normally get when you are under 18 in the UK, if you are over 18 then you can apply for a Visa/Delta which is a Full VISA Debit Card and can be charged as such as long as cleared funds exist.

I would suggest you get a real credit card (E.g.: Barclaycard) and not a debit card as a Visa Electron/Delta is.

If however you are under 18 the Visa Electron is what has been deliberately brought into place to stop young people from doing silly things with their plastic.
    www.24y.co.uk - Fast Professional UK Web Hosting

So no one has tried it on paypal?

There was a thread a few days back on the same topic. Try to search. I do not think it works on paypal.