Thread: Netscape 7

Netscape 7

Anyone here try the new Netscape 7? Seems much faster than 6.x

has it come out for linux or has it just come out on the windows platform?

Nutscape

ok i downloaded and it comes with a gui installer and everything

im actually quite impressed

It's actually mozilla in a new design...nothing else
    .::www.freshapples.com::.

i have it completly installed now and i think its much, much much better than netscape 4

Originally posted by matt2kjones
    i have it completly installed now and i think its much, much much better than netscape 4
    It's the new daddy of all browsers

Originally posted by wwww
    are you sure?

because there is this website that i use to go on with mozilla, and it use to make it crash.

but its fine with netscape 7

and yer, its the daddy all browsers

plus it looks pretty

Originally posted by wwww
    No, there is something else. NS7 is shipped with a spellchecker and numerous third party things and has AIM built in.
    Originally posted by edude

Nutscape
    Do you have any experience w/ NS? Or do you just stupidly think NS is bad?
    Colin

i had problems with netscape 4, but hey, its an old browser, lots of people have problems with old browsers

anyway, this new version is great

its the best browser available for linux

netscrape 4 is 4 years old. correct me if i'm wrong. even if it isn't 4 years old, the technology is.

netscrape is the scum of the earth. it costs us time wise %25 - %50 more time to fix netscrape compatability related bugs.

boycott netscrape. netscrape is $h1t . i hate it. i hate it. i hate it.

It is great! I'm using it since June (PR1) and the final release seems to be excellent!

Originally posted by anantatman
    netscrape 4 is 4 years old. correct me if i'm wrong. even if it isn't 4 years old, the technology is.

netscrape is the scum of the earth. it costs us time wise %25 - %50 more time to fix netscrape compatability related bugs.

It's not the browser being picky; it has actually stricter syntax checker than the loose one of IE. A lot of pages are coded in a sloppy manner because people were used to the artificial conveniences of Internet Exploder

NS4.x is not bad at all, actually it's better than 6.2 in terms of speed and resources. But I have installed 7.0 and it's brilliant.

Want the best browser? Get Opera.

Netscape is bad, has anyone tried http://lindows.com/

A Linux version

Originally posted by timechange

Agreed, Opera is my favorite browser around. However I been using I.E more recently, I beleive that has to do with the fact that I accidentily deleted opera
    Linux junkie | steward.io

Originally posted by Acme
    Netscape is bad, has anyone tried http://lindows.com/

A Linux version
    I smell crack

They claim "100% compliance" but they apparently only support the "core" CSS standards, not the full CSS1 set.

And I really dont want a browsre that sings on to AIM for me, I just want it to browse the web and do it fast (which Mozilla can not do, the load times are a joke).

I'm inclined to agree with those who despise Netscape as I do, especially since Netscape is now owned by AOL which basically means they sold what was left of their soul to the dark forces of Beelzebub himself.

The thing that really bothers me about Netscape is that I remember when it was the legitimate #1 browser; when pages worked with it; and when you didn't have to struggle to create a stripped-down, significantly less attractive alternative to a web page just for the 10% of the market that still desperately clings to Netscape like a stubborn dog that refuses to let go of a toy long after it's been chewed beyond all recognition.

For all the problems Microsoft has with its software and its corporate bureaucracy, I'd still rather stick with IE than any other browser.
    Is Canada the best? Noo Doot Aboot It!
    "And on the eighth...day...God...created...Mankind. WHY WAS HE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY?" -- Mick Foley

I can't believe what some of you are saying (especially the web designers). The (and I don't know a better word) ignorance astounds me.

Pages will render perfectly in NS if you get off your arse and code to W3C standards. Of course a page coded to IE's messy rendering engine wouldn't look good, that should be obvious.

I've built many pages that work in both NS and IE, only one version of the page.

Get off your ass and quite your bitchin'

ABOY, it doesn't automatically log you into AIM...that's an option.

Standards compliance is the future, pretty soon y'all be complaining about IE 5's rendering.
    Colin

Originally posted by Dogma
    ABOY, it doesn't automatically log you into AIM...that's an option.
    I know, but the fact that they even included it, it just bothers me.

Originally posted by Dogma
    Standards compliance is the future, pretty soon y'all be complaining about IE 5's rendering.
    I write XHTML strict complaint code with CSS2. And I do complain about IE5.

I like the new Netscape! Coding for it is much easier now that its not as strict as old Netscape

Originally posted by hosthero
    I like the new Netscape! Coding for it is much easier now that its not as strict as old Netscape
    Dont code for browsers, code for spec. And add work arounds for ****ty browsers.

Yes I find it amusing too... it's like saying "I'd much rather write crappy code and let IE make it look right". The point is write GOOD code and it'll work just fine, isn't that the point of the W3C standards?
    A well-reasoned assumption is very close to fact.
    - Adorno

Originally posted by comphosting
    Yes I find it amusing too... it's like saying "I'd much rather write crappy code and let IE make it look right". The point is write GOOD code and it'll work just fine, isn't that the point of the W3C standards?
    Yup, now if we can get the browsers (almost there) and the coders (some dont know what w3c is, for example some people here) to follow along, we'd be in good shape.

Originally posted by anantatman

And I bet Internet Explorer is "da bomb" right? Mozilla renders things almost the exact same as IE in most instances.
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

Originally posted by timechange
    WHAT?! The internet is free and you want me to pay for that freakin thing or view its ads

NN7 out, while 6 is still soooooo sh!tty...they should get their heads outta their arses and stop trying to compete in version number...hey Mom, look - Netscape is the first with a V7, but it really should be 6 because they forgot to pull 5 (and their heads) outta their butts...

Just MOs...

Originally posted by edude

Nutscape

burn the netscape h8ter, hater!!!!!!, hater!!!! micro**** closed source supporter!!!!!! bill gates pet!!!!

I recently switched to Mozilla 1.0 from Netscape 4.7 and Explorer 5.5, and love it. I have tried Netscape 6 and didn't like it at all. Way too slow for my computer. :-) How is Netscape 7 compared to Mozilla? Should I switch again or stick with Mozilla?

Give it a try. Netscape 7 is based on Mozilla 1.0.1

Thanks! So, it isn't as slow as Netscape 6 then? Sounds good! :-)

No version of Netscape is worth using.

Originally posted by floppy
    No version of Netscape is worth using.
    How long have you tried 7 for?