Thread: Double billings

Angry Double billings

Hi!
    I was wondering why double billings seems pretty common. I registered some domain names and also webhosting and was double billed. It was corrected after emailing them or letting my creditcard company know of the extra charge but why does this happen?

Thanks in advance!

Were you really double billed or were there more than one invoice with separate charges.

Example if you ordered 2 separate domain names at $9.95 each, then you may see two charges on your statement for $9.95

Could that be possible?

My billing system for hosting generates a separate invoice for each month, if a customer is late and it don't get paid til the next month, their next invoice is due.

When the both charge, there are 2 separate charges for 2 separate invoice, thus the limitation of the host billing system

(The is not my customer, just trying to see if it is a true double bill or the above senario)
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!

re:double billings

Hi!
    For example, on my creditcard bill it showed a charge for $9.95 on 7/28 and immediately below another charge for the same amount on 7/29 (next day) This is for a first time webhosting account setup. I emailed them two days ago but still no response. (very late email replies seems to be quite common too)

Thanks!

Re: re:double billings

Originally posted by ggray97
    Hi!
    For example, on my creditcard bill it showed a charge for $9.95 on 7/28 and immediately below another charge for the same amount on 7/29 (next day) This is for a first time webhosting account setup. I emailed them two days ago but still no response. (very late email replies seems to be quite common too)

Thanks!
    If you ordered domain names and web hosting, they seem to be two different things.

Did the domain name cost $9.95? What was the cost of the hosting?

Domain Registration and Hosting could have been charged separately.

To register a domain name and get hosting for only $9.95 seems pretty cheap.

On the other hand the host should reply to you and let you know what the scoop is.

This was for webhosting only at $9.95. I had a domain name already parked. I'm sure they will make it right, but the only problem now is getting them to respond. I've already sent two emails. The first one being three days ago.

If they don't respond soon, I'll just call the creditcard co. and have them take care of it.

I also have a few names parked until I use them and a couple registrars also double billed me. It was made right when I told them about it.

I was mainly wondering if this is some glitch in their shopping carts or something.

Thanks!

You know I had a customer get double billed, it look like it was me, I checked with my merchant account provider and I only charged the customer once, it was the customer's bank's fault.

But still 3 days, your host should reply.

Send them like 10 emails, that should get them to respond.

I registered a .com.au domain which costs some thing like $70 and i was charged twice. I have been asking for refund and as yet no avail!

Though they have acknowledge that i was charged twice and have supposedly credited my account a month back but as yet no luck.

Seems like double billing is rather common.
    ... to BE or not to BE, is ONLY up to ME ...

I registered a .com.au domain which costs some thing like $70 and i was charged twice. I have been asking for refund and as yet no avail!
    contact your credit card company asap and explain to them what happened, they should have you fax them a form with your signature and include all the documentation you have. Don't wait - you have a set amount of time to dispute charges and once that window has passed you are SOL. I kept getting monthly charges from some company in South Korea and tried to resolve it with them for months, by the time i figured out that they were not giving me anything but the runaround I was outside of the window for some of the monthly chargeback and had to eat the charges.

Barbara
    Access-Providers.com
    http://www.access-providers.com
    [email protected]

Thanks Barbara!

I guess that is the last option. I have spoken to the domain company (over the phone - which itself cost me a fortune!) and they have credited it to my account. If i don't get any result (within next week) i will have to go to my bank. Which by the way i have spoken to and according to them i still have some time... but you are right and i appreciate your advice.

Thanks
    ... to BE or not to BE, is ONLY up to ME ...