hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : any review about iweb.com ? urgent help needed

Forum Jump

any review about iweb.com ? urgent help needed

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 04:12 PM

any review about iweb.com ? urgent help needed

i will be migrating from softlayer and have heard some very good and bad reviews about iweb.com but here once again i wanted to ask you guys

we are going to use their server for shared webhosting

how is their network ? uptime ? and support

though im talking with their sales from past 3 days but their sales dont respond properly,i asked them something and sales guy keep disappearing again and again and not able to give any proper answer.

anyways waiting for your reviews

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

i wont comment much on support , but rest of the things are very good with them and yeh i too have several problem with sales,it feels like they dont willing to sale server hehe
anyways network is solid my partner had a server with them and he said he never rooboted server and it still runs perfect

Old 07-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Temporarily Suspended

I have a server with iweb since 11/2007, network and support are prtty good, also have good contact with sales rep as they support french language too... lol!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Disabled

i have 3 dedicated server from iweb since 4/2007 , the network uptime and the speed of connection is very good but some times the supporters not support you and you will be confusing hahahaha
1 years ago some of my customer send spam from my server and iweb suspend my server more than 11 hours they not respond me and after 11 hours they only unsuspend my server and say DON"T repeat !!!!

Old 07-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyru$ View Post
i have 3 dedicated server from iweb since 4/2007 , the network uptime and the speed of connection is very good but some times the supporters not support you and you will be confusing hahahaha
1 years ago some of my customer send spam from my server and iweb suspend my server more than 11 hours they not respond me and after 11 hours they only unsuspend my server and say DON"T repeat !!!!
yes you are right , if i web can improve its support then no doubt it will be No- 1 Company and it can beat softlayer and planet everyone

Old 07-20-2008, 03:27 AM

Thanks for reviews but im looking for more reviews...and if anyone from iweb can post why sales is so dull then it will be great

Old 07-20-2008, 03:30 AM
Web Hosting Master

Sales is EXTREMELY slow, but I got around that by going straight to Martin / atchooo on WHT to get the answers I needed.

They seem like a good bunch of guys, and I can't wait to place my hardware there (whenever my assigned sales rep ever gets back to me )

Old 07-20-2008, 04:03 AM
Web Hosting Master

Why are you choosing to move away from Softlayer? There regarded as one of the best providers available on the web for dedicated servers.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:01 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

My partner too had servers with iweb.com in start but later he faced an accident and we took over the company so we too migrated to ecatel because iweb support is not good at all , network is solid but no support and very dull sales response....but now again planning to have server with iweb if they can assure for good support and sales responce...

Old 07-20-2008, 06:03 AM
Temporarily Suspended

So you drop ecatel or iweb!?!...

Old 07-20-2008, 06:10 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

iweb lol and again planning to go with iweb as ma partner dont want us to leave iweb so thats why daily talking to sales but they not responding properly

Old 07-20-2008, 06:28 AM
Temporarily Suspended

PM the rep from this forum... just notice your sig regarding MARTIN, lol !

Last edited by hosteur; 07-20-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:14 PM
WHT Addict

I've been with iweb for the last 2 years and I am pretty satisfied. I cannot speak for the shared hosting as I have a dedi + colo. It is a solid company which is growing everyday.

Old 07-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
and if anyone from iweb can post why sales is so dull then it will be great
Sales have been overloaded since last march when we launched our new products and web site. Since then we made a lot of changes to the organization, we added a lot of staff and restructured the departments. The situation with sales should be a lot better now especially since the account managers (which are involved for upgrades and sales issues for current customers) have recently cleared their entire backlogs (that at a time was of more than 500 tickets).

We also started modifying our sales processes, adding new anti-fraud systems and easing the process for customers. Some things still need to be improved especially with our internal processes to speed up things but we are working on it and I think overall the whole situation with sales is getting better. Sales have definitely been the biggest source of complaints. When it comes to support, I think overall our dedicated server support is good.

Emergencies are handled immediately 24/7 and we always provide customers with a lot of support even if servers are unmanaged. That said, we are also working on enhancing support in many ways. I hope this gives everyone a good update !

Old 07-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by atchoooo View Post
Sales have been overloaded since last march when we launched our new products and web site. Since then we made a lot of changes to the organization, we added a lot of staff and restructured the departments. The situation with sales should be a lot better now especially since the account managers (which are involved for upgrades and sales issues for current customers) have recently cleared their entire backlogs (that at a time was of more than 500 tickets).

We also started modifying our sales processes, adding new anti-fraud systems and easing the process for customers. Some things still need to be improved especially with our internal processes to speed up things but we are working on it and I think overall the whole situation with sales is getting better. Sales have definitely been the biggest source of complaints. When it comes to support, I think overall our dedicated server support is good.

Emergencies are handled immediately 24/7 and we always provide customers with a lot of support even if servers are unmanaged. That said, we are also working on enhancing support in many ways. I hope this gives everyone a good update !

hello i just sent u a pm pls check and thx for reply

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
iWeb Launches Microsoft-Based Private Cloud Service Web Hosting News 2014-01-30 12:00:10
iWeb Gains Title of Canada’s Top Contributor to OpenStack Havana Web Hosting News 2014-01-15 15:28:19
iWeb Names Industry Veteran Elya McCleave VP of Services Web Hosting News 2013-04-12 14:20:43
Web Host iWeb Makes PROFIT's Canadian Fastest-Growing Companies Web Hosting News 2012-06-06 14:03:55
Web Host iWeb Names President and Chief Operating Officer Web Hosting News 2012-05-23 11:02:19