Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

* any review about iweb.com ? urgent help needed

i will be migrating from softlayer and have heard some very good and bad reviews about iweb.com but here once again i wanted to ask you guys

we are going to use their server for shared webhosting

how is their network ? uptime ? and support

though im talking with their sales from past 3 days but their sales dont respond properly,i asked them something and sales guy keep disappearing again and again and not able to give any proper answer.

anyways waiting for your reviews

Thanks

i wont comment much on support , but rest of the things are very good with them and yeh i too have several problem with sales,it feels like they dont willing to sale server hehe
    anyways network is solid my partner had a server with them and he said he never rooboted server and it still runs perfect
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & Kvm SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Location: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 on Site Engineers

I have a server with iweb since 11/2007, network and support are prtty good, also have good contact with sales rep as they support french language too... lol!

i have 3 dedicated server from iweb since 4/2007 , the network uptime and the speed of connection is very good but some times the supporters not support you and you will be confusing hahahaha
    1 years ago some of my customer send spam from my server and iweb suspend my server more than 11 hours they not respond me and after 11 hours they only unsuspend my server and say DON"T repeat !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyru$ View Post
    i have 3 dedicated server from iweb since 4/2007 , the network uptime and the speed of connection is very good but some times the supporters not support you and you will be confusing hahahaha
    1 years ago some of my customer send spam from my server and iweb suspend my server more than 11 hours they not respond me and after 11 hours they only unsuspend my server and say DON"T repeat !!!!
    yes you are right , if i web can improve its support then no doubt it will be No- 1 Company and it can beat softlayer and planet everyone

Thanks for reviews but im looking for more reviews...and if anyone from iweb can post why sales is so dull then it will be great

Sales is EXTREMELY slow, but I got around that by going straight to Martin / atchooo on WHT to get the answers I needed.

They seem like a good bunch of guys, and I can't wait to place my hardware there (whenever my assigned sales rep ever gets back to me )

Why are you choosing to move away from Softlayer? There regarded as one of the best providers available on the web for dedicated servers.

My partner too had servers with iweb.com in start but later he faced an accident and we took over the company so we too migrated to ecatel because iweb support is not good at all , network is solid but no support and very dull sales response....but now again planning to have server with iweb if they can assure for good support and sales responce...

So you drop ecatel or iweb!?!...

iweb lol and again planning to go with iweb as ma partner dont want us to leave iweb so thats why daily talking to sales but they not responding properly

PM the rep from this forum... just notice your sig regarding MARTIN, lol !
    Last edited by hosteur; 07-20-2008 at 06:33 AM.

I've been with iweb for the last 2 years and I am pretty satisfied. I cannot speak for the shared hosting as I have a dedi + colo. It is a solid company which is growing everyday.

and if anyone from iweb can post why sales is so dull then it will be great
    Sales have been overloaded since last march when we launched our new products and web site. Since then we made a lot of changes to the organization, we added a lot of staff and restructured the departments. The situation with sales should be a lot better now especially since the account managers (which are involved for upgrades and sales issues for current customers) have recently cleared their entire backlogs (that at a time was of more than 500 tickets).

We also started modifying our sales processes, adding new anti-fraud systems and easing the process for customers. Some things still need to be improved especially with our internal processes to speed up things but we are working on it and I think overall the whole situation with sales is getting better. Sales have definitely been the biggest source of complaints. When it comes to support, I think overall our dedicated server support is good.

Emergencies are handled immediately 24/7 and we always provide customers with a lot of support even if servers are unmanaged. That said, we are also working on enhancing support in many ways. I hope this gives everyone a good update !
    :: Martin Leclair
    :: Linkedin Profile

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by atchoooo View Post
    Sales have been overloaded since last march when we launched our new products and web site. Since then we made a lot of changes to the organization, we added a lot of staff and restructured the departments. The situation with sales should be a lot better now especially since the account managers (which are involved for upgrades and sales issues for current customers) have recently cleared their entire backlogs (that at a time was of more than 500 tickets).

We also started modifying our sales processes, adding new anti-fraud systems and easing the process for customers. Some things still need to be improved especially with our internal processes to speed up things but we are working on it and I think overall the whole situation with sales is getting better. Sales have definitely been the biggest source of complaints. When it comes to support, I think overall our dedicated server support is good.

Emergencies are handled immediately 24/7 and we always provide customers with a lot of support even if servers are unmanaged. That said, we are also working on enhancing support in many ways. I hope this gives everyone a good update !

hello i just sent u a pm pls check and thx for reply

As a new iWeb member I can say that I am extremely disappointed. After a friend switched his blog to their shared hosting plan I was editing some files for him and was impressed with the speeds.

So I switched over my blog from Gazzin (another horrible host) and tried iWeb out. I'm kinda glad I went month to month. 1st they suspended my because I was using too much resources. I fixed the wordpress plugin that was causing the hiccup. Oh, and I didn't receive an email saying my domain was suspended until about 6 hours AFTER this happened. Long story short and over 12 hours later my domain was back.

And today, after 1 month I didn't renew on time which is obviously my fault. And of course, again they suspend the domain. No emails, nothing. So I decided to call them up and tell them I paid and hopefully get my domain back up? Yeah right. 1st, no lie, after saying "I just payed my bill and would like my domain restored" I got transfered 3 times in the 1st MINUTE. So the "tech" department told me it would take 4 hours for them to fix. It's been 7 hours. No email, nothing.

iWeb has HORRIBLE support imo and my experience so far has been a bad one. And I was actually considering getting a dedicated server from them but I doubt it now. Only thing good about iWeb is their speed. If only their support was as good as Martin's excuses.. I mean explanations.

Most of the good feedback I heard was from people with dedicated servers. But I mean, as a company, shouldn't you treat all customers the same? I don't think it's fair that shared users should take a back seat to other users. Just my opinion + story, I HAD to share this. You would think a big company like this would have all bases covered.

I'll update this when my site is back.

obscene : you are reviewing your shared hosting experience in a dedicated server thread.

You also admit having to fix a wordpress plugin that was causing a problem and having your site suspended because you did not renew. I understand you being disappointed of your experience but both situations are normal shared hosting situations (being suspended for using too much resources and for not paying at time of renewal) as we can't let a server and all customers hosted on it suffer because of one buggy script. If you could PM me your account number I will try to get things moving faster for reactivation if your account is now paid.
    :: Martin Leclair
    :: Linkedin Profile

Hi obscene,

The account was unsuspended in order to allow you to do the required optimization.

I have also sent you an email in response to your ticket..

Regards,
    David Moreau Simard
    :: Blog: dmsimard.com
    :: Twitter: @dmsimard

I have a small dedicated server with iweb and I am very happy with it. It's always up!

Quote Originally Posted by yomanfu View Post
    I have a small dedicated server with iweb and I am very happy with it. It's always up!
    No complain for me too, box is running since november 2007,

service is good and awesome uptime no issues at all

Quote Originally Posted by prolimehost View Post
    i wont comment much on support , but rest of the things are very good with them and yeh i too have several problem with sales,it feels like they dont willing to sale server hehe
    anyways network is solid my partner had a server with them and he said he never rooboted server and it still runs perfect
    I'm From Ukraine.
    I have tried more then 1 week to pay for Web Site Hosting for 10 years + domain name for $0.99 from my Ukrainian credit card.

After first attempt to pay from my ukrainian CC there was a problemate : 2008-07-29
    Payment # : PA317982
    PAYMENTINTERNET SECURE PAYMENT
    Please complete with your credit card details.
    Error : Transaction refused
    Total amount : 201.46 $US
    Invoice number : e0015fe970b3fb6a066a00b82b6a1b2c5292

I asked about this problem from support and they answer:
    Jean-Francois Dicaire, Technical assistance said:
    "Hello,
    Unfortunately, we are experiencing some issues accepting payments from certain countries such as "Ukraine". We are currently working hard to rectify this problem as soon as possible.
    In the meantime, should you make a payment, you can use one of our available methods such as:
    - Cheques or money order
    - Wired transfer (Bank money transfer)
    If a payment method is not listed here, it will not be accepted."

But as for me who have a valid VISA credit card will be very strange to use another more expensive and protracted method of payment wich will not protect me from froud from Iweb side also( for example if I will not be satisfied with their hosting in 30 days and would like to return my money back). But it is to strange because there are no any information on their web site about any restrictions for ukrainian customers and about imossibility to pay by cc on their web site also.

By live chat i asked Jean-Francois Dicaire ( Jul 30, 2008 9:40:39 AM EST):
    "ME: Do you accept credit cards issued Panama Banks (epassporte com) and Malta Bank - The bank of Valetta (entropay com) at the moment?
    ME: Are any ukrainian cards not acceptable now?
    Jean-Francois D.: Here is a short list of payment issues from certain countries: Ukraine and others.
    Jean-Francois D.: So if your card does not come from any of those countries, it should work
    ME: Ok. Thank you for a list. I will try."

After this chat i trust to words of Jean-Francois D. and going to open an virtual card from Entropay com (issued by bank from Malta.

And 2-d attempt was unsuccessfull using by NON ukrainian card too!
    Now I received a message after pushing the button: "If you are a legitimate buyer, please accept our apologies for this error and follow the procedure outlined below. Unfortunately your order was identified by our system as having some elements of a possible fraudulent transaction. Some situations can trigger this error for legitimate buyers. We are always working to improve our fraud detection system and we know that false positives can happen. Please follow the procedure outlined below to get your order processed. Send the following documents by fax or email (scans are accepted via email) : Fax Number: 514-286-1292 ATT. Order Processing Email for scanned documents : compta[at]iweb.com Your order number is: # 331984 1- A fax cover sheet or email with your name and order number; 2- A copy of an official government photo ID; 3- A copy of one or both sides of your credit card (hide the security number)"

After my second attempt i have send screenshots with my new non ukrainian card info like a proof that this card is mine.

And again i have contacted to Iweb support and received STRANGE answers with a NEW information after some days:
    Michel Gaudreault, Customer account and billing (01.08.08):
    "Dear customer,
    Every transaction coming from Ukraine is blocked by our system. Even if
    you change credit card.
    We will keep you updated as soosn as we find a way to accept your payments.
    Contact us if you have any questions.
    Regards"

Amel Dekik, Customer account and billing [iWeb] (01.08.08):
    "Dear customer,
    Unfortunately, no payment is possible using an Ukrainian credit card
    the system will not accept also a transaction with another credit card
    since the transaction is located from UKRAINE.
    We can not pass the payment in the place of the customer.
    In the meantime you can make your payments by check, money-order or by
    wire transfer.
    Contact us if you have any questions.
    Regards"

I paid to the Entropay com $10 to load new card for $201.46 and lost this money because i got wrong information from IWEB operator who said: "So if your card does not come from any of those countries, it should work".

So when i decided to buy a hosting from Iweb I ONLY lost money and many time for chatting, e-mails and to open new non ukrainian creditd card and did not receive nothing more!

Also I would like to Note again:
    There are NO ANY information on their web side about restrictions for some countries to pay with credit card!!!

I consider that the employees of this company on the low qualification and inexperience misled me, which inflicted me losses, getting nothing in exchange.
    Last edited by intenso; 08-02-2008 at 07:24 AM.

Ask for a charge back from your bank.

Quote Originally Posted by hosteur View Post
    Ask for a charge back from your bank.
    May be this is a way. But my bank will charge $5 me for each chargeback claim. And I still have $201.46 on to my Entropay Visa Card.

The main problem is WRONG and INCORRECT information from IWEB support which entailed my losses.
    Last edited by intenso; 08-02-2008 at 07:38 AM.

I worth 5 bucks to get back 201.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast